yes 61%  61%  [ 38 ]
no 39%  39%  [ 24 ]
Total votes : 62

saylor
Butterfly
Butterfly

07 Oct 2010, 7:21 pm

First I am female with aspergers, ahem;

I was told even as child I didn't know how to moderate my um connection? With people as in I was too overly affectionate. As an adult I've been described by exes as too clingy and I think one almost said I was pyschotic. Honestly I'm not >_< I think I just worry about pleasing them and also thinking oh they're going to leave me cause I'm not perfect enough. Does anyone else have these troubles while in a relationship? Sadly my relationships never lasted past two months : / because I either broke up first afraid of being rejected like I was rejected my entire childhood from peers. And one person actually said I didnt' talk to them enough. So try too hard or not hard enough. How do you find the middle? The balance?

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2010, 8:30 pm

I try not to be clingy, and understand when people might need their space. In turn, I occasionally need some "me" time at times.

But I won't know if they need a lot of personal space unless they let me know ahead of time.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

sluice
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2010, 9:25 pm

I think I need to be more clingy. I seem to have to reassure that person that I feel the same way they do. I usually want to assess how things are going and slowly ease my way into a deeper relationship instead of falling head over heels for someone. I think it is hard for me to believe that someone is being sincere with me at first. Of course, I am out of practice either way. I could of changed. Nah :?

sgrannel
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2010, 10:30 pm

Yes, I have been. My tendency is to cluster all my attention on a central person in a situation, rather than spread my attention around and this may be construed as clingy. Typically, my attention will center on someone of high rank, or someone who has been doing most of the talking. I try not to do this so much anymore.

But a dog knows his boy can go wrong

Last edited by sgrannel on 08 Oct 2010, 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

07 Oct 2010, 11:20 pm

I'm very clingy in a relationship. I think that's because I have an extremely hard time connecting with people & have very few friends so the one time I had someone close to me I didn't want to be away from her. I became obsessed with her. I tend to go for women that other guys would complain about being clingy but lots of the clingy women I've met won't give me a chance because they want someone independent :cry: I wish there was a codependent support group near me

Yanlin
Butterfly
Butterfly

08 Oct 2010, 1:53 am

Me and my girlfriend are both extremely clingy. It's part of why we fit together so damn well. My ex, however, couldn't stand my cling.

Really, I have nothing else to say here. I'm that boring. :D

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

08 Oct 2010, 2:36 am

Yanlin wrote:
My ex, however, couldn't stand my cling.

Was it a static-shock cling cuz those kind of hurt sometimes :lol: I couldn't resist :roll:

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2010, 4:55 am

No.

I hate clingy. I also hate passive clingy.

jaspie
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

08 Oct 2010, 5:28 am

I may need to be clingy,but not overly clingy.

ADD_Teen
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

08 Oct 2010, 8:00 am

I'm way too clingy for most peole. My first ex dumped me because of the emberresement I caused him by it, my second ex, even the most un-clingy person, couldn't care less, and my current boyfriend (AKA Yanlin) is even clingier than I am...(which is annoying only when I get anxious about family members disapproving it. :cry: )

Yanlin wrote:
Me and my girlfriend are both extremely clingy. It's part of why we fit together so damn well. My ex, however, couldn't stand my cling.

True. :P

Obsession: Neuro-psychology, my boyfriend, neurology (stopped denying it).
Illy, I love you. :heart:

spooky13
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

08 Oct 2010, 9:16 am

Chronos wrote:
No.

I hate clingy. I also hate passive clingy.

Same here, I like my space.

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2010, 2:45 pm

I've never been called clingy, but I don't see the problem with it either.

ToadOfSteel
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2010, 3:47 pm

saylor wrote:

I was told even as child I didn't know how to moderate my um connection? With people as in I was too overly affectionate. As an adult I've been described by exes as too clingy and I think one almost said I was pyschotic. Honestly I'm not >_< I think I just worry about pleasing them and also thinking oh they're going to leave me cause I'm not perfect enough. Does anyone else have these troubles while in a relationship? Sadly my relationships never lasted past two months : / because I either broke up first afraid of being rejected like I was rejected my entire childhood from peers. And one person actually said I didnt' talk to them enough. So try too hard or not hard enough. How do you find the middle? The balance?

I feel the same way... like if I'm not perfect, then "she" (whoever "she" is) would leave me, especially if she didn't return my feelings at all...

That said, you can come over here and cling to me if you'd like... :oops: You might learn a thing or two about computers on the way, too. :nerdy:

saylor
Butterfly
Butterfly

08 Oct 2010, 10:21 pm

ToadOfSteel wrote:
saylor wrote:

I feel the same way... like if I'm not perfect, then "she" (whoever "she" is) would leave me, especially if she didn't return my feelings at all...

That said, you can come over here and cling to me if you'd like... :oops: You might learn a thing or two about computers on the way, too. :nerdy:

Lol bit of a drive, but yeah recently got hurt badly by a guy who used me and lied so sort of trying to stay away from hurt full possibilities : (

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2010, 10:49 pm

I've only been called clingy once and that was when I cuddled my boyfriend at the time too much.
I need a lot of my own time, like to do certain things alone and would work better with someone who needed the same.

franisco
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

09 Oct 2010, 1:53 am

I dont know

I only had one girlfriend and that was kinda insane. She was pretty mean and didn't have many friends so she was pretty clingy I guess. I guess I was clingy too, but more mental. That was five years ago. I dont know how I would be these days. I don't really know whats appropriate when it comes to giving people space. I try to give people space but then it just gets awkward trying to pick things back up