Im a aspie who never even had a girlfriend and im 17

Page 1 of 3 [ 47 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

BigDoubleK
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

30 Jul 2010, 9:14 pm

I'm BigDoubleK my names Kyle and I have aspergers so I'm a aspie. I'm 17 and I am 6'7 or 198 cm I have greenish blue eyes with dark blonde hair. I've never have had a girlfriend and I'm going to be a senior in high school this year. And I'm a virgin too and I've not had my first kiss yet either the most I've done is hug girls and kiss a girl on the cheek :( I'm guessing the reason why I've never had a girlfriend is because of my aspergers. So I've never met a girl (that I know of) who has aspergers the only people I know at my school who have aspergers are guys :( I'd like to meet a girl with aspergers because we could understand each other with our aspergers. But it seems more likely that I will date a normal girl aka a nt girl. So I'm also interested in sex because I've never done anything sexual with a girl let alone touch a girls boobs, but sex interests me as do relationships since I've never had either one. So what should I do? And will I find a girl who will be my first girlfriend and who will accept me and love me?

Adam82
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2010, 9:26 pm

I'm a 27 y.o Aspie who's never had a GF and never kissed a girl, not even on the cheek, so you're a step ahead of me! The furthest I've got is hugging a girl. Don't worry. You've plenty of time yet. It becomes a bit more pressing when you're my age, coz girls my age are all starting to settle down for marriage.

I wish you luck, whether it be with an NT girl, or another Aspie. My problem may be that I have usually liked NTs, and they may not understand me as much as a fellow Aspie might.

hutchscott
Toucan
Toucan

30 Jul 2010, 9:30 pm

You're too young to panic yet. Yes, I'm sure you will find someone.

Are you going to college? When I went to college people bred like rabbits.

Work on being a nice guy, and develop your independant living skills so hopefully you can move out.

Roxas_XIII
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2010, 9:31 pm

BigDoubleK wrote:
I'm BigDoubleK my names Kyle and I have aspergers so I'm a aspie. I'm 17 and I am 6'7 or 198 cm I have greenish blue eyes with dark blonde hair. I've never have had a girlfriend and I'm going to be a senior in high school this year. And I'm a virgin too and I've not had my first kiss yet either the most I've done is hug girls and kiss a girl on the cheek :( I'm guessing the reason why I've never had a girlfriend is because of my aspergers. So I've never met a girl (that I know of) who has aspergers the only people I know at my school who have aspergers are guys :( I'd like to meet a girl with aspergers because we could understand each other with our aspergers. But it seems more likely that I will date a normal girl aka a nt girl. So I'm also interested in sex because I've never done anything sexual with a girl let alone touch a girls boobs, but sex interests me as do relationships since I've never had either one. So what should I do? And will I find a girl who will be my first girlfriend and who will accept me and love me?

It's not as hopeless as it looks. I had my first girlfriend at 18, two back-to-back relationships that didn't last long. My current girlfriend has been with me for half a year and our relationship is great. She is a diagnosed Aspie but as far as that's concerned, she's nowhere near as aspie as me. So don't give up hope just yet, things are just getting started.

Happy New Year from WP's resident fortune-teller! May the cards be ever in your favor.

John_Browning
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2010, 9:46 pm

If you don't get bitter or desperate you might have a chance sometime in the next decade. It usually takes a long time for AS guys to get into a relationship. There are a lot of guys here who behave like deviants and cavemen (and then wonder why they can't get a girl), so be careful who you gauge you chances of success against here.

"A fear of weapons is a sign of ret*d sexual and emotional maturity."
-Sigmund Freud

PlatedDrake
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2010, 9:58 pm

I've attempted dating 3-4 times (face to face), but the longest one lasted was about a month . . . barely enough time to call us bf/gf. I did have an online correspondence that lasted a year, but no face to face, and that's likely the best I'll get for a while (this was back in 2008). I'm trying OKCupid now, sent some messages out (note: a lot of the people you will talk to will not reply for fear of being stalked/spammed/etc). Whether or not something will happen out of it, who knows. About the only thing I can tell you is deal with what comes . . . something will either happen, or it won't and obsessing over it could drive you crazy. A lot of us here are lucky if we find someone by age 35-45, so you have plenty of time. Just don't get your hopes up . . . the quantifiable aspects in life are easy to understand, but the psycho/emotional/etc aspects needed for a relationship differ from person to person, and all people are unpredictable.

Llixgrjb
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

30 Jul 2010, 10:09 pm

Do you want a girlfriend because you feel society is pressuring you to have one or do you have genuine desire to have a romantic relationship?

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2010, 11:05 pm

17 is not vey old.
Half the people at that age who are NT ave never dated or kissed a girl, and half of the ret are lying about it.

I was 19 before I had a guy kiss me

Dennis
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

30 Jul 2010, 11:19 pm

I'm 23 and I've never been in a real relationship. I've had a couple encounters with girls of a physical nature but they were quite disappointing. I know people who are older than me in the same boat, even some that aren't on the spectrum.

MrDiamondMind
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

Location: Encapsulated within a skull; covered in sheets of skin

30 Jul 2010, 11:25 pm

17? Get the hell out. :arrow:
You can't complain until you're at least 20.

jdcnosse
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2010, 11:25 pm

I didn't have my first girlfriend until I was 18, senior in high school. Actually we dated for about the last two months of school. Then I was in a relationship with my then girlfriend for about 2 years. Now I'm in the best relationship ever. :)

DogDaySunrise
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

30 Jul 2010, 11:58 pm

I didn't have a girlfriend until I was 27 and had already given up hope - every attempt I made to start a relationship ended in utter shock and disaster, and every time I was 'chatted up' finished with the line 'Do I have to f**king spell it out for you?!'. One day I ended up alone in my house with a girl who fancied me (for god alone knows what reason), she just leaned in and kissed me and that was that :)

It'll happen, it's just that if you're not emotionally communicative it can take a little longer and be a bit more of a surprise ;)

jdcnosse
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2010, 12:02 am

DogDaySunrise wrote:
I didn't have a girlfriend until I was 27 and had already given up hope - every attempt I made to start a relationship ended in utter shock and disaster, and every time I was 'chatted up' finished with the line 'Do I have to f**king spell it out for you?!'. One day I ended up alone in my house with a girl who fancied me (for god alone knows what reason), she just leaned in and kissed me and that was that :)

It'll happen, it's just that if you're not emotionally communicative it can take a little longer and be a bit more of a surprise ;)

I agree with the idea that if you stop looking for a girlfriend, one will find you ;)

rmctagg09
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

31 Jul 2010, 12:54 am

I'm 19 and I've never been in a relationship of any kind. Don't rush into it and do something you'll regret.

Ichinin
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2010, 2:12 am

I have a 36 year old neurotypical friend (He scored 15 on the AQ test, which is within the normal frequency) who has never had a girlfriend (only girl-friends). Believe me, having ASD and being alone is not exclusively related subjects.

I didn't get a GF until i was 23. Some cant just find someone until much later, some never find someone, but they are few.

The time it takes to find/get a GF depends on what you want; Do you want A girlfriend or THE girlfriend?

sunshower
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2010, 3:11 am

Like people are saying, you're still quite young so don't stress too much about it yet.

Plus things can change really quickly when you least expect it so long as you keep trying to improve your social skills and approach girls you like.

I had both my first kiss and my first relationship at age 19.