Page 4 of 8 [ 128 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Erisad
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2011, 3:34 pm

Jonsi wrote:
Erisad wrote:
Jonsi wrote:
Gah, I gotta read through a thread more. If it wasn't for erisad, I would've missed this gem of a post. D:

Thank you?
Missed the post you quoted y'see.

Okay! :D

Biokinetica
Toucan
Toucan

09 Jan 2011, 3:35 pm

Jonsi wrote:
Avengilante wrote:
I can't imagine why all you guys can't find love, all this crybaby talk is so serxy.

I have AS and I'm married, so don't use that
Quote:
as
an excuse. It most certainly is a disability, but as long as you're not DEAD, you can overcome that. But I can tell from all these negative "Woe is me" posts, that even when you find love, you're going to do nothing but complain about how it isn't what you hoped it would be, and your girlfriend doesn't understand you. You'll be happy for about a week, then you'll set to making yourselves (and your sweethearts) miserable again. And if you think not having love makes you want to kill yourself, wait until you have it and then lose it. But face the facts, you guys are never going to be happy, or ever be able to make anyone else happy, because you spend your lives wallowing in negativity and self pity.

Your situations will not change until your attitude changes.

This is is why I stopped trying to help people in the haven or this forum. No one actually wants help, all they want is to show everyone that they are miserable. They think it makes them special and unique. I think it also helps them feel important. Because they're 'suffering' everyone gives them attention. At least that's what they want.

Of course it's really just a BS attempt to disguise their own lack of effort to help themselves.

Not to say all threads in the mentioned forums aren't genuine, I just find that's how some of the posters act.

Gah, I gotta read through a thread more. If it wasn't for erisad, I would've missed this gem of a post. D:

Did it ever occur to you that they don't know how to help themselves?

Jonsi
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2011, 3:37 pm

When they've been told many times, and they still won't, no, that hasn't.

Jonsi
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2011, 3:41 pm

dunbots wrote:
If you hate people with Asperger's and autism so much, then why are you on a forum for people with Asperger's and autism? Only to make them feel worse?
I don't...?

I never said I hated anyone. If that post is going to be misunderstood so much, I'll just delete it.

Biokinetica
Toucan
Toucan

09 Jan 2011, 3:45 pm

Jonsi wrote:
When they've been told many times, and they still won't, no, that hasn't.

Told what many times? Some of us already know what's not going to work, so using the simple fact that advice was given but not taken isn't an accurate barometer of people's character.

Jonsi
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2011, 3:48 pm

The post is gone now, sorry guys, had a naive moment.

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2011, 4:59 pm

I think I have a hit rate of help given that actually helped = about 1 post in 100 :lol:

It just makes me more judicious about how I approach giving help, and who I think might be open to what I might have to say. It's a learning process, and I don't get upset if people don't accept help, don't understand the help I try to provide, or worse, be rude when I try to help.

DemonAbyss10
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2011, 6:19 pm

Moog wrote:
I think I have a hit rate of help given that actually helped = about 1 post in 100 :lol:

It just makes me more judicious about how I approach giving help, and who I think might be open to what I might have to say. It's a learning process, and I don't get upset if people don't accept help, don't understand the help I try to provide, or worse, be rude when I try to help.

its kinda why I avoid the L&D forums nowadays. I gave up on trying to relay advice, most people can't even consider it for even a little bit, even it hit them full force shotgun blast in the face.

Yes, I do have a DeviantArt, it is at.... http://demonabyss10.deviantart.com/

emlion
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2011, 6:21 pm

All you posters saying you're giving up giving advice on L&D and the Haven - some people do seriously appreciate your advice and take it fully on board.
I try my best to anyway, and genuinely appreciate all help given to me by anyone when I need help on a post. :)

Laz
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2011, 6:40 pm

The problem is not neccesarily a lack of listening (or reading, being it is an internet forum) I think it stems more from a lack of comprehension not helped by unresolved or unsupported interventions that have left serious deficiets in the theory of mind and rigidity of thought departments.

LordoftheMonkeys
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2011, 6:57 pm

Brainiac5 wrote:
Let's face, people like us are as incapable of finding love as a paraplegic is incapable of walking, and we're just as helpless to change it.

Sadly, that seems to be the case, at least for males. I would describe myself as a heartthrob; I've had girls hit on me, flirt with me, check me out, etc. many times before. But only perfect strangers. Once they get to know me, my eccentric behavior drives them off.

Last edited by LordoftheMonkeys on 09 Jan 2011, 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LordoftheMonkeys
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2011, 7:00 pm

nthach wrote:
If I don't find someone by my 30s, I might as well off myself.

Oh, come off it. There are other things in life worth living for besides love. Maybe this attitude of yours is the reason you're unsuccessful in this area. Find a hobby or something.

LordoftheMonkeys
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2011, 7:07 pm

astaut wrote:
Asp-Z wrote:
Brainiac5 wrote:
Let's face, people like us are as incapable of finding love as a paraplegic is incapable of walking, and we're just as helpless to change it.

Agreed. I'm diagnosed as AS and I've had romantic relationships (and I don't want to hear I'm a girl so it's easier for me).

Given the disproportionate percentage of aspie girls in relationships vs. aspie guys in relationships, I think it indeed is easier for girls.

Erisad
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2011, 7:14 pm

emlion wrote:
All you posters saying you're giving up giving advice on L&D and the Haven - some people do seriously appreciate your advice and take it fully on board.
I try my best to anyway, and genuinely appreciate all help given to me by anyone when I need help on a post. :)

I try to give advice too but I feel like it falls on deaf ears most of the time. I know some people listen but they're few and far between. :(

emlion
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2011, 7:15 pm

Erisad wrote:
emlion wrote:

I try to give advice too but I feel like it falls on deaf ears most of the time. I know some people listen but they're few and far between. :(

That's true but I need all your advice when things go bad (which they always do in the end)!

Erisad
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2011, 7:20 pm

emlion wrote:
Erisad wrote:
emlion wrote:

That's true but I need all your advice when things go bad (which they always do in the end)!

Yeah. I've used a lot of people's advice to help turn my life around. I used to wallow in misery A LOT on here and I regret every bit of it now looking back on it. Life's better when you look at the sunny side up I guess. Mmmmm eggs. :)