Would anyone here attempt to date another WPer?

Page 6 of 10 [ 154 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2011, 3:12 am

I think a lot of it has to do with not being able to recognize AS traits with people in person, plus the fact that some of the people on here have very few (if any) interests that don't involve a computer.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

spongy
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2011, 4:52 am

You probably had bad luck.

I think that as some user mentioned before its important that you test the water first on the forum before pming someone.

A few months ago I received a somewhat flirtatious/joking message from a female member(she is married so I didnt take it seriously) and I just laughed and replied back. Since then we have sent each other several messages trying to get to know each other better.

This happened after we have spent sometime talking on the boards, if I received a similar message from a random member Ill probably try to tell the other person politely that Im not interested.

Internet relationships can be weird but if you are unable to stablish one IRL they may be a good option. From what Ive experienced after a short period you start developing some feelings for the other person that arent too different from the ones that you would feel on any other relationship.

I tried internet dating and for a while it worked(a few times), but after sometime the other person and i grew apart so I decided that internet dating isnt different to normal dating and I´d rather be able to see the person Im dating for a while.

http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt255139.html

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2011, 6:41 am

I would be totally open, but there are three dealbreakers I have:

1. Asexual
2. Doesn't want kids
3. Doesn't like to travel (i.e. only thinks of a vacation as "no computer or video games for x number of days")

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Last edited by Tim_Tex on 14 Jan 2011, 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Grisha
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2011, 9:14 am

hale_bopp wrote:
Internet dating is just weird. I don't see how people can hit it off when they haven't met in real life. I've met guys off the net and it just seemed so unnatural.

I've always seen it like just a place to meet people, with the added benefit of having a "head start" in terms of some basic (but important) biographical details. It's not too different from bumping into random people on the street (the "standard" way).

But the idea is to meet IRL as soon as possible, usually with a "pre-date" to see if there's any chemistry.

It's really not that different than IRL dating, and arguably could have a few advantages.

Beauty_pact
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2011, 11:05 am

Grisha wrote:
Beauty_pact wrote:
Yes, I would date someone from here. That is the main reason why I'm even posting here, to begin with. I'd be prepared to sort things out even if she lived at the other side of the world... why look close to where you live if the right one for you is more likely to live very far away? Some people are just too unique for regular dating, and the help of Internet is their best chance to find their true love. I personally don't even know wtf I am doing on this godforsaken planet... -_-; such a fùcked up, disgusting world. I try to keep my hope up, though, and I tend to manage to maintain it, all because of places like these... there is a girl out there, for me, who agrees with my "messed up" views, infinitely greatly values faithfulness, much like me, and hates the world as much as I do... just am yet to find her.

Something tells me that "casting a wide net" is a really good idea in your case...

Really...? :roll: Now why do you say that, my friend?

Grisha
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2011, 11:14 am

Beauty_pact wrote:
Grisha wrote:
Beauty_pact wrote:
Yes, I would date someone from here. That is the main reason why I'm even posting here, to begin with. I'd be prepared to sort things out even if she lived at the other side of the world... why look close to where you live if the right one for you is more likely to live very far away? Some people are just too unique for regular dating, and the help of Internet is their best chance to find their true love. I personally don't even know wtf I am doing on this godforsaken planet... -_-; such a fùcked up, disgusting world. I try to keep my hope up, though, and I tend to manage to maintain it, all because of places like these... there is a girl out there, for me, who agrees with my "messed up" views, infinitely greatly values faithfulness, much like me, and hates the world as much as I do... just am yet to find her.

Something tells me that "casting a wide net" is a really good idea in your case...

Really...? :roll: Now why do you say that, my friend?

Well, based on your post, it seems like you have a rather inconventional world-view, and while in many cases long-distance or even international dating can be problematic, in your case it might be more productive. I apologize if the expression isn't familiar to you...

Beauty_pact
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2011, 11:24 am

Oh, right. Yes, that I do agree with. I've heard the expression, before, but I was not really familiar with it. Yes, a person like me is indeed in the search for a rather unique individual...

Laz
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2011, 1:15 pm

I like the way the title of this thread sounds.

I dunno why but reading it gives me the impression that to even attempt such a pursuit would be of great danger that would put your in immediate mortal peril.

Would anyone here have the balls to date....ANOTHER WPer?!

Like somehow the Earth would shatter or a rift would open in the space time continuim

Grisha
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2011, 2:35 pm

Laz wrote:
I like the way the title of this thread sounds.

I dunno why but reading it gives me the impression that to even attempt such a pursuit would be of great danger that would put your in immediate mortal peril.

Would anyone here have the balls to date....ANOTHER WPer?!

Like somehow the Earth would shatter or a rift would open in the space time continuim

Probably not, but your might get sucker-punched in the face, hard! :eye:

(don't ask me how I know...)

Zara
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2011, 6:54 pm

It does happen, but it's quite rare since most WPers live pretty far apart.

There's plenty of nice and interesting ladies here that I would gladly date if possible.

DigitalDesperado
Raven
Raven

14 Jan 2011, 6:54 pm

It's something I considered before I joined. I've since been warned that all the women here have cooties - so probably not.

And the ladies should exercise caution if they are contacted by a man here, but that doesn't mean you should freak out on them - unless they start talking about potted plants, those are the guys to be wary of.

DemonAbyss10
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2011, 6:57 pm

Moog wrote:
Kilroy wrote:
Grisha wrote:
dunbots wrote:
ToadOfSteel wrote:
dunbots wrote:
What, I'm not allowed to enjoy video games, or talking to people about them? :P

No, you're not allowed to have a different point of view from Kilroy, otherwise he's going to openly hate you, because apparently he can't tolerate people that don't think like him...

Actually I was commenting on Hale Bopp calling me a trainwreck. :P

And like Kilroy said, it was just friendly banter.

HB didn't call you a train wreck, she meant that thread had veered off topic!

and I suplexed said train

Kinky! What's suplexed mean, is it dirty?

FF6 reference XD

Yes, I do have a DeviantArt, it is at.... http://demonabyss10.deviantart.com/

biostructure
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2011, 7:17 pm

hale_bopp wrote:
I think its because people don't come here to hook up.

Make that most WOMEN. Though there are some on here who do, but live nowhere even remotely close!

Dnex
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

15 Jan 2011, 10:31 am

I like you guys, but I would prefer not to date an Aspie to be honest.
(not that I'm opposed to dating an Aspie girl)

Grisha
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2011, 10:55 am

biostructure wrote:
hale_bopp wrote:
I think its because people don't come here to hook up.

Make that most WOMEN. Though there are some on here who do, but live nowhere even remotely close!

Really? I'm not asking you to name names of course, but have you or others ever been explicity propositioned for sex? I really didn't think Aspies did that...

sunshower
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2011, 4:21 pm

I think there are any number of reasons you may have gotten the response you did.

1. It depends on who you propositioned. If it was someone who gets propositioned a lot, they may react more harshly.

2. How you worded it. You said you were respectful, and I have no doubt you thought you were, but you may have come across in some really bad way without realizing it - if I know anything about AS it's that most of the time you come across as different to what you think you come across as, or are trying to come across as.

3. They may have felt overwhelmed, threatened, or invaded, and not known how to deal with your message. They may have experienced overwhelming anxiety and lashed out without thinking.

There are other reasons. Just don't take it personally.