Would anyone here attempt to date another WPer?

Page 6 of 10 [ 154 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

DigitalDesperado
Raven
Raven

14 Jan 2011, 6:54 pm

It's something I considered before I joined. I've since been warned that all the women here have cooties - so probably not.

And the ladies should exercise caution if they are contacted by a man here, but that doesn't mean you should freak out on them - unless they start talking about potted plants, those are the guys to be wary of.

DemonAbyss10
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2011, 6:57 pm

Moog wrote:
Kilroy wrote:
Grisha wrote:
dunbots wrote:
ToadOfSteel wrote:
dunbots wrote:
What, I'm not allowed to enjoy video games, or talking to people about them? :P

No, you're not allowed to have a different point of view from Kilroy, otherwise he's going to openly hate you, because apparently he can't tolerate people that don't think like him...

Actually I was commenting on Hale Bopp calling me a trainwreck. :P

And like Kilroy said, it was just friendly banter.

HB didn't call you a train wreck, she meant that thread had veered off topic!

and I suplexed said train

Kinky! What's suplexed mean, is it dirty?

FF6 reference XD

Yes, I do have a DeviantArt, it is at.... http://demonabyss10.deviantart.com/

biostructure
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2011, 7:17 pm

hale_bopp wrote:
I think its because people don't come here to hook up.

Make that most WOMEN. Though there are some on here who do, but live nowhere even remotely close!

Dnex
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

15 Jan 2011, 10:31 am

I like you guys, but I would prefer not to date an Aspie to be honest.
(not that I'm opposed to dating an Aspie girl)

Grisha
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2011, 10:55 am

biostructure wrote:
hale_bopp wrote:
I think its because people don't come here to hook up.

Make that most WOMEN. Though there are some on here who do, but live nowhere even remotely close!

Really? I'm not asking you to name names of course, but have you or others ever been explicity propositioned for sex? I really didn't think Aspies did that...

sunshower
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2011, 4:21 pm

I think there are any number of reasons you may have gotten the response you did.

1. It depends on who you propositioned. If it was someone who gets propositioned a lot, they may react more harshly.

2. How you worded it. You said you were respectful, and I have no doubt you thought you were, but you may have come across in some really bad way without realizing it - if I know anything about AS it's that most of the time you come across as different to what you think you come across as, or are trying to come across as.

3. They may have felt overwhelmed, threatened, or invaded, and not known how to deal with your message. They may have experienced overwhelming anxiety and lashed out without thinking.

There are other reasons. Just don't take it personally.

Grisha
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2011, 8:28 pm

sunshower wrote:
I think there are any number of reasons you may have gotten the response you did.

1. It depends on who you propositioned. If it was someone who gets propositioned a lot, they may react more harshly.

2. How you worded it. You said you were respectful, and I have no doubt you thought you were, but you may have come across in some really bad way without realizing it - if I know anything about AS it's that most of the time you come across as different to what you think you come across as, or are trying to come across as.

3. They may have felt overwhelmed, threatened, or invaded, and not known how to deal with your message. They may have experienced overwhelming anxiety and lashed out without thinking.

First, thanks for responding :)

Although what you suggest about the wording is certainly possible, I doubt it in this case. I reviewed what I said and couldn't do any mental gymnastics which could cause it to be misinterpreted in that way. Furthermore, I've corresponded with about a dozen women on OK Cupid and have never gotten anything close to that reaction.

I tried not to take it personally, but it's difficult because their messages were quite personal and clearly intended to wound.

Not really a big deal to me, but I was hoping to understand what happened in order to avoid repeating it, I bear no ill-will towards the women involved whatsoever.

sunshower
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2011, 9:43 pm

Grisha wrote:
sunshower wrote:

First, thanks for responding :)

Although what you suggest about the wording is certainly possible, I doubt it in this case. I reviewed what I said and couldn't do any mental gymnastics which could cause it to be misinterpreted in that way. Furthermore, I've corresponded with about a dozen women on OK Cupid and have never gotten anything close to that reaction.

I tried not to take it personally, but it's difficult because their messages were quite personal and clearly intended to wound.

Not really a big deal to me, but I was hoping to understand what happened in order to avoid repeating it, I bear no ill-will towards the women involved whatsoever.

I'm sorry to hear that Grisha. I probably wouldn't recommend online dating myself, but I know that everyone has their own opinion about it. It's hard to know what a person is truly like and whether you are truly romantically attracted to them solely from online conversations. In the same stretch, I know that those of us who are extreme outliers feel their only chance may be online. I think if you would attempt online dating, one of those meet-up dating sites (like the one you were discussing your profile in with an earlier thread) would be the best way to go as I think it's vital to spend some time together in person before deciding to pursue a relationship with someone.

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2011, 9:46 pm

I am really sorry I was so rude in that PM, Grisha, I was having a bad day.

Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 Jan 2011, 9:57 pm

Moog wrote:

Haha, nice.

sunshower
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2011, 9:58 pm

5264443377776444844 wrote:
Moog wrote:

Haha, nice.

:lmao:

thanks for cheering me up

Grisha
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2011, 10:10 pm

Moog wrote:

No, it was me, I never should have said that thing about the "oil wrestling"...

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2011, 4:37 am

I doubt I'd ever just ask someone out by PM, but if there was a female on here from the same part of the world as me who I developed a little interest in, I'd PM her and start chatting so we can get to know each other, then I'd take it from there.

If any girls wanna PM me, feel free, BTW.

*tumbleweed*

:P

MrLoony
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2011, 5:40 am

I met my girlfriend through another forum that is not specifically for autistics, but I believe that the forum in question is made up mostly of autistics.

If I didn't have her, I might consider dating a WP member, but as I've said in another topic, I've spent most of my life being mostly asexual, so it would have to be one of the times that I'm not.

Did you try replying to their PM and saying that you weren't looking for a hook up?

Edit: Another possibility is that you might have misinterpreted their reply. It's kind of hard to say exactly what you mean over the internet. It might be that a particular word choice caused you to think they meant their reply in one way, but they really just meant, say, that they might be interested if you're looking for a serious relationship.

sunshower
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2011, 5:55 am

Asp-Z wrote:
I doubt I'd ever just ask someone out by PM, but if there was a female on here from the same part of the world as me who I developed a little interest in, I'd PM her and start chatting so we can get to know each other, then I'd take it from there.

*tumbleweed*

Good luck with that.

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2011, 5:56 am

sunshower wrote:
Asp-Z wrote:

*tumbleweed*

Good luck with that.

It's never gonna happen, I know it isn't, I put the bit about PMing me in as a joke really. It's not like I'm expecting anyone to actually like me.