Not really my type 16%  16%  [ 13 ]
Do you really want me to answer that D: 4%  4%  [ 3 ]
You look like a comic book villain! o: 4%  4%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 81

bucephalus
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2011, 9:02 pm

for the record I don't think the OP needs to do anything (if she ever returns to the thread to respond). I'm struggling to see any flaws on the picture. Although I feel reluctant to complement someone for this kind of thread because I didn't take the time to complement Apsieguy in his

VincentVanJones
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

31 Jan 2011, 9:17 pm

wefunction wrote:
VincentVanJones wrote:
Not unattractive, but not my type (at least physically). As a guy, I do think there is a base (and it varies by person) "type" they look for. But looks only go so far. Personally I am much more interested on who a person is.

Right.

There's a lot of times when someone says their spouse wasn't someone they would've considered their "type" but things change. You need to be around someone's energy and get to know who they are. Looks only go so far and a person can become attractive, even in complete defiance to what we think we like.

Although as a counter point, as much as (I) wish it was not the case, I think for guys looks DO matter to an extent. Anyone saying that looks don't mean anything to them at all is lying. Even if you really like a persons personality if you don't find them at all physically attractive it is almost impossible to find romantic interest.

Also so this post is not mis-interpreted, this is a response to the above poster, not to the OP.

Mindslave
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2011, 9:45 pm

Gallygun wrote:

This is pretty much a question for the men on this site, though women can certainly say what's on their mind/what they think as well :flower:

Do you find her attractive? I'm curious.

What was your first impression after seeing this photo?

If you saw her walking down the street, would you look twice or not even notice you saw her? Would you ever consider asking her out? If you spoke to her, what would you say?

Is there something, or many things, you would suggest her changing about herself to be more noticeable to men?

On a scale of 1-10, how would you rate her overall appearance?

If you find her attractive, how would you describe her (sexy, cute, classy, etc.)?

And the last few questions are;

How old does she look?
Was there any question in your mind about the gender of this person when you first saw the photo?

Basically, I'm trying to find out if guys find me attractive, a little attractive, or not at all. I like the way I look, which is very important, but I am just plain curious. The only thing I ask is that if you want to post in this thread, please don't post mean, rude, or cruel things about my appearance. If you don't find me attractive, just be nice about it.

BEGIN! :compress:

I would say she is attractive, but it's just one picture. I can't tell very much from one picture, because I have nothing else to compare it to. My first impression is that she is a simple girl, not overly complicated, some would even say unfeminine in certain ways. If I saw her walking down the street, she would stand out about as much as everybody else. I don't talk to people unless I have a reason to, and supermodels are no exception. This superhot girl was hitting on me once, and I handled it the same way I handle anyone else talking to me. She looks about 21 or so, and I didn't think she was a man at any point except when I read the last part, looked again, and reaffirmed my position.

So how to make yourself attractive to men? If the goal is to make yourself into a 5 foot 9 blonde Anglo-Saxon with big boobs, a skinny waist, and lots of makeup, then you better get started. (That's the American standard of beauty I'm using, I'm not sure if you are from the States or not) Physically, there is nothing you can do, besides clothes and makeup and things like that. It doesn't have a nice ring to it, but you can't change your height, your body type, the color of your eyes, etc. The best way to be attractive is to be yourself. Being the essence of you will attract someone according to how you act.

D84
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

31 Jan 2011, 10:20 pm

I said "Sort of", though I imagine that my vote could easily change to "Noticeably" with a different picture. I like your face, hair color, and hairstyle. The expression you're making looks like you know that NTs usually smile in pictures, so you're trying to do it too, but aren't succeeding. (I've done that often enough myself.)

I've long since given up trying to guess people's ages from their looks. (You're very obviously female, though. Even I can tell that much.) By the time you talk to someone for long enough to decide if you're interested in them, you already have a good idea of what their emotional age is. And a person's emotional age is a much better gauge of how well I'll get along with them than their temporal age.

My first though at seeing this picture was "I want to know what's behind that expression." For that and other reasons I'd describe your appearance as intriguing. I don't decide to ask anybody out based solely on 1 picture. The most important factor, by far, is the person attached to the face. But there's a level of looks that I definitely wouldn't go lower than in a potential date. Your picture is far above that level. I hope that helps.

(And since this is my first post: Hello, people.)

Aspie1
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2011, 11:53 pm

To answer the question in the title of the thread, yes. I voted "sort of" in the poll. Overall, I got a good first impression based on that picture. The OP struck me as a peaceful, non-pretentious girl who I would have little or no trouble approaching in public. The word "classy" is a good way to describe the look. The previous poster wrote "intriguing"; I agree with that one too.

The change I would suggest is let your hair hang down, rather than tying it up into a ponytail. It'll give you a soft, feminine vibe that a lot of guys like. While the picture ranks as more or less 5.5 on my scale (mean = 6, std. dev. = 1), it would easily go above 6 with that change. And wearing a blouse instead of a hoodie will make you look even more elegant. As for age, I'd say you look in your early 20's, maybe mid 20's if you wore a more business-like outfit.

I'm very pleased by the civil responses in this thread. It seems WP is the only place on the entire internet where you can start a "what do you think of me?" thread, and actually get honest, civil answers. In almost every other forum, they answers be... we, we've all see what's there, so why reiterate them.

Surfman
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2011, 7:18 am

Forehead is too big, not really into intelligent chic's, too much maintenance

Yensid
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2011, 7:33 am

Surfman wrote:
Forehead is too big, not really into intelligent chic's, too much maintenance

To each his own. Thankfully, we all have different tastes in women; otherwise, we would all be chasing the same ones. Personally, I love intelligent women; there is so much more to talk about.

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2011, 10:57 am

As long as it comes attached to something. I don't think I could date a disembodied face. A mind to give it animation would also be nice.

Mack27
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

01 Feb 2011, 11:02 am

Animated in action would give me more to go on, but a full body shot would have helped too, I don't just look at the face.

Eldanesh
Toucan
Toucan

01 Feb 2011, 9:28 pm

Don't know, have not met her yet. 8)

Zur-Darkstar
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

01 Feb 2011, 10:01 pm

I think you look very nice. You look like a real person. I hate when people ask you how they look then post what is obviously a professionally taken glamor shot. I'd definitely find you attractive if you had a compatible personality to go with the face.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2011, 10:15 pm

Surfman wrote:
Forehead is too big

But it's okay if her lips are 6cm exactly across and her elbows aren't too pointy tough? :roll:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

bewarethebob
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2011, 10:57 pm

good work. i agree you are quite nice looking

paladin
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

04 Feb 2011, 12:46 am

I voted noticeably. I do find you attractive, but I agree with the others that you could look even better letting your hair down, dressed better, etc.
If I believed I could get a positive response, I would definitely be interested in finding out more about you, and trying to see if I felt we could be compatible. :-)

Wombat
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2011, 1:06 am

That is a seriously bad photo.

The girl in the photo would probably be quite attractive in a nice dress with her hair and makeup done.

Jonsi
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2011, 3:32 pm

Going off looks alone, no, as dating someone for how they look is a very stupid thing to do. Otherwise, I really couldn't say, I don't know you. :D