Page 2 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

just-lou
Toucan
Toucan

01 Mar 2011, 8:12 am

Asexual here, too. More than ever. Occasionally I'll rail against it, force myself into a sexual situation to try and "get over it" like everyone tells me to - but it's there. I have no desire to have sex and the idea revolts me. I never "want" to do it - I just force myself to try (and fail) occasionally to try to be more normal and have normal elationships. But you either feel sexual attraction or you don't. I don't. I don't even feel romantic attachment - just intellectual and emotional. Even that pretty rarely - I'm not a very attached kind of person.
I have noticed that asexual and transgender/genderqueer folk seem to be more numerous in the ASD population though. I thought maybe was was due to our differeneces in hard-wiring, messing with our perceptions and experiences of sexuality and gender.

MichaelDWhite
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

01 Mar 2011, 9:19 pm

I think the physical and emotional parts of my brain are disconnected. I"ve never been able to see how people could get anything emotional out of a touch, a handshake or a kiss (let alone sex). Yet it seems that for most people relationships are built around these things.

Bethie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: My World, Highview, Louisville, Kentucky, USA, Earth, The Milky Way, Local Group, Local Supercluster

02 Mar 2011, 6:48 pm

MichaelDWhite wrote:
I think the physical and emotional parts of my brain are disconnected. I"ve never been able to see how people could get anything emotional out of a touch, a handshake or a kiss (let alone sex). Yet it seems that for most people relationships are built around these things.

See, that's very hard for me to understand, because I love hand-holding and cuddling and such.
I guess that's similar to how sexuals have such a hard time empathizing with aces.

anikatheoddone
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

03 Mar 2011, 9:09 pm

two of my aspie best friends are asexual!! !! ! i'm not asexual tho, im actually a lesbian......

MCalavera
Veteran
Veteran

04 Mar 2011, 4:05 am

Isn't sex (as in making love) an extension of romance?

I'm still unable to get how an asexual can be romantic. Too much confusion going on.

Bethie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: My World, Highview, Louisville, Kentucky, USA, Earth, The Milky Way, Local Group, Local Supercluster

04 Mar 2011, 5:06 pm

MCalavera wrote:

I'm still unable to get how an asexual can be romantic. Too much confusion going on.

It's hard for an ace to "get" the sexual mindset, as well.

"Wait...what? Sticking that, there....and then lots of sweating and humping and bodily fluids....that's ROMANTIC?!"

:lol:

It's kind of similar to how a hug, to most NT's,
is an expression of affection and friendship/love,
whereas to many Aspies,
it's just awkward touching that uncomfortably restricts movement.

alice333
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

27 Apr 2011, 2:41 pm

Bethie wrote:
MCalavera wrote:

It's hard for an ace to "get" the sexual mindset, as well.

"Wait...what? Sticking that, there....and then lots of sweating and humping and bodily fluids....that's ROMANTIC?!"

:lol:

It's kind of similar to how a hug, to most NT's,
is an expression of affection and friendship/love,
whereas to many Aspies,
it's just awkward touching that uncomfortably restricts movement.

This is true, it's a strange and social bodily thing that most people do and I don't wish to experience but there you go.

Jonsi
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2011, 2:52 pm

I don't even know what my sexuality is. Used to think I was asexual, next I thought I was demisexual. Not even sure I'm that anymore.

Oh lordy.

Megz
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2011, 5:45 pm

I currently identify as asexual bi-romantic. I realized this fit me the first time I ever heard of it, here a couple months ago. I don't think I'll ever want to have sex, but I think I could compromise if I had a long-term partner and sex was a meaningful symbol of love to them. In the same way that I hug my close friends, not because I want to, but because that is an understood symbol of "I'm your friend and I care about you."