What do other aspies do that makes you mad?

Page 1 of 6 [ 92 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

RightGalaxy
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2011, 9:20 am

I'll start. My husband will wake me up 2 in the morning to fight about something that I thought was resolved 3 years ago.
If I dare tell my husband a character weakness I have, he will throw it in my face when we have an argument that has NOTHING to do with it.
He'll sit in the doctor's office and not recall any instruction the doctor gave him but won't let me come with him.
He'll shovel snow off of a neighbors walk ( an elderly couple) but won't do ours. That's left for me to do and I got a bad back.
He has the most ridiculous questions in every situation but makes "me" ask them.

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2011, 10:25 am

RightGalaxy wrote:
He has the most ridiculous questions in every situation but makes "me" ask them.

My boss does that to me.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2011, 10:46 am

RightGalaxy wrote:
What do other Aspies do that makes you mad?

1. Believe in fantasy concepts as if they were real.

2. Believe that only their point of view matters.

3. Believe that their situations are hopeless.

4. Use the threat of suicide as a means of gaining attention.

5. Believe that being an Aspie excuses them of being responsible for illegal acts.

6. Behave as a grotesque caricature of the worst sort of Entie, while simultaneously bashing Enties for the same behavior.

7. Use crude language as a means of gaining attention.

8. Believe that being an Aspie has a causal connection with issues of gender identity.

9. Believe that all Aspies are the same.

10. Believe that all Enties are the same.

... that'll do for a start ... more later ...

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Todesking
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2011, 11:05 am

How some Aspies think it is all right to not bathe or wash their hair

How some Aspies will think another Aspie can do no wrong and should not go to prison for a crime they have comitted. They will also attack you for saying the criminal aspie should be punished.

How some Aspies seeking attention come on WrongPlanet to threaten to commit suicide. Then other Aspies come running to give them compliments and tell them they matter and other bullsh!t. If they keep doing this they will keep coming here to threaten suicide just let them off themselves or call a suicide hotline.

How computer hackers are not criminals

How some Aspies if they do not like what you are posting demand you post facts to back your claims. When you post the facts and several links backing your post they still say you are wrong no matter how much the truth is on your side or how much you put infront of them.

How Aspergers syndrome is a gift

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2011, 12:08 pm

Fnord wrote:
RightGalaxy wrote:

5. Believe that being an Aspie excuses them of being responsible for illegal acts.

6. Behave as a grotesque caricature of the worst sort of Entie, while simultaneously bashing Enties for the same behavior.

8. Believe that being an Aspie has a causal connection with issues of gender identity.

awesome list. i do #7 though, so i probably drive some people insane lol.

ValentineWiggin
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2011, 12:37 pm

A dogmatism a few of them have- by that I mean clinging to ideas proven to be irrational or counter-productive.
(I'm not an Aspie who adheres to a strict schedule or routine, either- quite the contrary.)

The whole bit about being needing alone time- there's nothing I loathe more than being alone.

Being picky about food- I have hyposensitivity to taste and smell and as long as there's enough hot sauce on food to taste it, I'm happy. I am usually on a diet where I don't eat much, but when I do, I'm open to all sorts of things people aren't "supposed" to do, culinarily. (I grilled cucumber slices in barbecue sauce the other day, and put apple slices in a habanero salsa. This is apart from dipping everyting I can get my hands on in wing sauce.)

I guess there's a disconnect between rigid Aspies and completely-outside the box ones?

None of these things make me "mad", though, so I might have derailed the thread.
They're just things I can't at all empathize with, and I *do* get irritated when people imply that all people with Aspergers have these traits.

There are other things that made me glad to have found the community-
commiserating on the difficulty with making eye contact- I can be witty and sociable [sometimes] in speech, but it's next to impossible for me to meet someone's gaze
the bluntness- it was so amazing to come here and find women who communicate as I do, as it's so rare, in my experience
the alternative views about pretty much everything- it seems to me Aspies are more likely to have opinions about pretty much anything that run contrary to popular culture than are NT's...I don't know if this is sheer difference in processing/analyzation styles, or whether feeling 'different' one's whole life sub-consciously leads you to question many 'conventional' norms

to his Interest."

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2011, 2:51 pm

hyperlexian wrote:
Fnord wrote:
RightGalaxy wrote:

awesome list. i do #7 though, so i probably drive some people insane lol.

Somehow, that song by Poison keeps running through my head...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3dGHj5Zzss&feature=player_detailpage[/youtube]

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2011, 2:59 pm

When they always complain about never having a girlfriend or a boyfriend.

That gets on me nerves the msot :lol:

Sextaesada
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2011, 3:08 pm

Joker wrote:
When they always complain about never having a girlfriend or a boyfriend.

That gets on me nerves the msot :lol:
oh who needs consent. :twisted:

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2011, 3:18 pm

RightGalaxy wrote:
I'll start. My husband will wake me up 2 in the morning to fight about something that I thought was resolved 3 years ago.
If I dare tell my husband a character weakness I have, he will throw it in my face when we have an argument that has NOTHING to do with it.
He'll sit in the doctor's office and not recall any instruction the doctor gave him but won't let me come with him.
He'll shovel snow off of a neighbors walk ( an elderly couple) but won't do ours. That's left for me to do and I got a bad back.

None of those seem like inherently aspie traits or behaviours to me. This list appears to be more 'what my husband does that makes me mad'.

Nexus
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2011, 9:36 pm

When aspies attribute aspergers as a scapegoat for behaviours that are merely apart of the human condition. Seriously, we're nothing special and WP taught me that by observation a long time ago.

MR20
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2011, 9:50 pm

What pisses me off the most is when the ones that are most successful try to project themselves on to others, thinking that all aspies are the same.

Like I can do the same stuff they do (date, having people treat you normal, having friends and a good social life) if I just try hard enough.

BS, I tried hard fitting in; I tried to wear the latest fashion, listening to the "in" music, getting of my ears pierced, and trying my best to act cool.

It failed. Every time. I always got treated like s**t by both males and females.

The reason they're able to have a relatively normal life is because they were born higher functioning than me.

bucephalus
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2011, 10:05 pm

MR20 wrote:
What pisses me off the most is when the ones that are most successful try to project themselves on to others, thinking that all aspies are the same.

Like I can do the same stuff they do (date, having people treat you normal, having friends and a good social life) if I just try hard enough.

BS, I tried hard fitting in; I tried to wear the latest fashion, listening to the "in" music, getting of my ears pierced, and trying my best to act cool.

It failed. Every time. I always got treated like sh** by both males and females.

The reason they're able to have a relatively normal life is because they were born higher functioning than me.

You may have a valid point there. aspies are not all the same; some will be lawyers and doctors and some definitely won't. I hope you at least keep trying tho :)

AsteroidNap
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2011, 10:08 pm

Using AS as an excuse for bad behavior.
Focusing to much on the negative aspects of AS.
Using AS as a reason for self-pity.
Asking for advice, but never taking it.
Believing the whole world should change to suit them.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2011, 11:40 pm

Blame women and ignore the fact that they have unappealing qualities.

anneurysm
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2011, 12:24 am

hale_bopp wrote:
Blame women and ignore the fact that they have unappealing qualities.

This. Or when they paint all women with the same biased brush because they are unable to get dates. The problem isn't with the women, it's their attitudes.

There is nothing more unattractive than a guy who generalizes and thinks you'll act in certain ways when they've never even met you.

This misdiagnosis caused me significant stress, which lessened upon finding out the truth about myself from my current and past long-term psychiatrists - that I am a highly sensitive person but do not have an autism spectrum disorder

My diagnoses - anxiety disorder, depression and traits of obsessive-compulsive disorder (all in remission).

I’m no longer involved with the ASD world.