Aspie Affection = Black Hole?

Page 1 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

RainingRoses
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2011, 5:53 pm

Or uninhabited desert wasteland??? I went on the site this afternoon for the first time and found that most people I saw have been inactive for a long time -- in many cases months. I don't know, though ... maybe this is true only in connection with my particular geographic parameters? Anyway, I found myself joining simply to send a message to one particular person, and as I was doing so discovered that she hasn't checked in since November. :? As I'm sure you can imagine, my hopes are high! :roll:

Last edited by RainingRoses on 28 Mar 2011, 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2011, 5:55 pm

AA has been known to have frequent technical problems, and a history of not being very user-friendly. That is my guess.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Pondering
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2011, 9:55 pm

This site is just in very bad condition and it has been for a long time. It's very limited in comparison to any dating site and non user friendly, which would explain why it is so inactive. I had trouble finding people in my own area, I don't think there's a search for location either.. At least I could not find it.

Titangeek
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2011, 11:53 pm

i think most of the accounts on there have been used for like a day and then whoever made the account just got fed up with all the glitches. I would probably have more active members if alex would FIX IT.

Pondering
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2011, 12:52 am

Titangeek wrote:
i think most of the accounts on there have been used for like a day and then whoever made the account just got fed up with all the glitches. I would probably have more active members if alex would FIX IT.
Not sure who runs it, but yeah, this is pretty much true from what I've observed.

Titangeek
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2011, 12:57 am

Pondering wrote:
Titangeek wrote:
Not sure who runs it, but yeah, this is pretty much true from what I've observed.

unless i am mistaken, it is run by Alex Plank, the same guy who runs this site

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2011, 9:00 am

The site's basic idea is good, but the execution and reality make it fail. The site itself being badly coded to the point where it's virtually unusable and the simple fact that a lot more males than females are diagnosed with Asperger's worked together to kill Aspie Affection.

superboyian
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2011, 10:29 am

I'm personally surprised the whole site is still around and I don't think that Alex really cares about that site so much I don't think because clearly I haven't seen anything change not did I see anything on that site get fixed so I just suddenly give up using it altogether tbh.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2011, 11:18 am

I've had two memberships, can't bring myself to try again. It always seemed like I'd go away for a bit, come back, use my password and it wouldn't work for some unknown reason. From there I was frozen out, couldn't reset it, and had to open a new account under a new email. The last time I did it I took out an email specifically for that purpose, AA jammed on me again and I realized that I'd forgotten the password on the new email. I did try many times to reopen my accounts by working with tech support to no avail.

To this day I have no idea whether anyone's messaged or tried to talk to me, I'll likely never know.

I had made the suggestion of talking to OKCupid to see if they'd sublet a private area for us but the idea was frowned on in favor of instead improving AA.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

blueroses
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2011, 11:39 am

Maybe it depends upon what you mean by "black hole"? Given the gender ratio and how geographically far away everyone is, it's not really a good place to find a date.

I have made a few good friends and talked with some interesting people on there, though, which has been nice. Given some of the technical glitches on the site, I think the fact that I even managed to do that has been an accomplishment, though.

RainingRoses
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2011, 12:23 pm

blueroses wrote:
Maybe it depends upon what you mean by "black hole"?

Oh, just the fact that virtually everyone is "Not Recently Active."

blueroses wrote:
Given the gender ratio and how geographically far away everyone is, it's not really a good place to find a date.

I'm getting that, but it is the driving idea behind the site, isn't it?

blueroses wrote:
I have made a few good friends and talked with some interesting people on there, though, which has been nice. Given some of the technical glitches on the site, I think the fact that I even managed to do that has been an accomplishment, though.

Why can't more people be as positive as you are? I mean, not everyone has to be. But, a couple more of you just sprinkled here and there would be a significant improvement. :mrgreen:

And it was all for the want of a nail.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2011, 3:23 pm

If it's a planet then it's time to use the Death Star against it.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

29 Mar 2011, 11:34 pm

AA has been broken every time I tried to use it. which was sense before summer. Even if the site was working correctly it seems like it would mostly benefit homosexual Aspie guys because AS is 4x more common in men than woman & Aspie women are less likely to go on a dating site because the social roles with dating are different

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

RainingRoses
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2011, 11:56 pm

Bottom line: does that mean the girl of my dreams, who I messaged yesterday, is not going to message me back?

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2011, 2:18 am

RainingRoses wrote:
Bottom line: does that mean the girl of my dreams, who I messaged yesterday, is not going to message me back?

Bottom line: You will be lucky if the girl of your dreams messages you back on any dating website, let alone on AA.

Bethie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: My World, Highview, Louisville, Kentucky, USA, Earth, The Milky Way, Local Group, Local Supercluster

30 Mar 2011, 9:02 am

5264443377776444844 wrote:
The site is completely broken. Data leaks, error returns when trying to bring up matches *every time* for me make it unusable. Not to mention the fact that if you deactivate your account you have no way of reactivating it or unlinking your email address. You can log in though which is strange.

I'm having the opposite problem-
I deleted mine (never got any messages)
and keep getting e-mails about guys viewing my profile.
I go to the site, and, sure enough, my profile is still up.
Now it just says "your account has not been activated"
and for the life of me I can't figure out how to activate it again.

I agree- it's totally broken.