Page 23 of 23 [ 365 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23

cdfox7
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2011, 10:02 pm

MCalavera wrote:
Calm down. Why the bitterness, mate?

I'm not trying to have a fight with you here. If you feel you have to protect women from the evil demonic monsters mistaken for charming men, then you're going to have to enter their womanly psyche and be able to manipulate it in some magical way so that they generally stop being subconsciously attracted to men and start being attracted to boys who go along with everything they say.

But hey, that would be a bad thing to do, wouldn't it? I mean, it IS the evil manipulation takteek.

Less of the sledging please!! ! BITTERNESS, so did you get tickets for the fourth Ashes test back in Dec then? do you what revenger from your country having a s**t cricket team then? :lol: :P

Please do remind me who won the urn in the last two Ashes series as I have forgotten :lmao:

trojan51
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 Jun 2011, 12:10 am

Erisad wrote:
trojan51 wrote:
Erisad wrote:
Yes Trojan because I'm such a worthless woman that I should automatically go out with anyone who asks me to, even if they're emotionally abusive. Do you realize how stupid that sounds? Of course not because to you, appearance is all that matters. I pity you, I really do.

EDIT: And there are many reasons why I want to be thinner. I get to wear cuter clothes, I'd be healthier, I'd look better in photos, etc. Being stereotypically attractive is kind of a perk of it. I don't want to be stick thin, just have a narrower waistline. I like my curves dammit. >.<

I never said appearance was all that matters. I really doubt a man would be emotionally abusive to you on the internet. People are emotionally abusive usually only after getting to know their victims well. If you knew these men in person, it could be a different story though. I feel that you probobly reject those guys due to you either thinking theyre too weird or not good looking enough for you.

Really? It already happened. He was constantly messaging me, telling me that I wasn't good enough for him and yet invited me over for drinks anyway. Are you really so f***ing daft that you think abuse only happens in person? So yes, I rejected that guy because he was already treating me like sh**. Appearance isn't everything for me because I actually care about personaliy because I'm not shallow like SOME people in this forum. :/

I have no idea why hed do that and then ask you to come over. I dont see anyone who wouldnt reject someone after saying that. There must be something wrong with him if hed do that or think youd come over after that.

MCalavera
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2011, 12:32 am

hyperlexian wrote:
one online source does not an industry make.

and women's magazines are not intended, as their primary function, to manipulate men. however PUA material is designed, as its primary function, to manipulate women. they are not even similar at the core. some of the popular wonmen's magazines even teach women to cater to men and to be more susceptible to male manipulation.

And to be a "better challenge" for men by playing "hard to get". Yep, not exactly "manipulation" according to your argument.

But that's ok. Women are definitely much more innocent than men.

Quote:
so you agree that the point is to get laid, first and foremost?

To get laid, to have success with women and with social interactions, and to basically be a better man. It's not just one goal usually. It's one set of goals which is: become the best man one can be.

But once again, why is it wrong, in your book, for a man to desire to get laid with random women who also desire to get laid (albeit with their own womanly conditions)?

Quote:
i'm not going to do your research for you - there are hundreds if not thousands of self-help programs that are focused on bettering the self without using subversive and unethical tactics.

If you can't help me, I won't force you.

But I can tell you the best self-help programs are the ones that actually agree with the psychology behind most of the PUA stuff out there.

Quote:
if it is natural to them, then they are naturally douchebags. that part was easy. next?

They are "douchebags" that get to be successful in life, more so than the "opposite" type. Now you understand why some men would rather be "douchebags" than "nice guys". Women still fall for them despite their "douchebaggery". And there is a reason why. They're bloody attractive.

Quote:
like you said, Rhett Butler was an as*hole. how is it bettering yourself to emulate that? you are inconsistent with your assertion of the purpose of the PUA material.

I'm not interested in emulating him, but he sure is a cool as*hole, don't you think?

I mean, if I were the charming Rhett Buttler, and I took you out on a date, you'd be having a good fun date full of laughter and enjoyment and romantic wonders and fantasies of how good I would be in bed. That's just the way it is.

Debating reality over the Internet is very easy. Living against it is not.

TeaEarlGreyHot
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2011, 12:33 am

trojan51 wrote:

I have no idea why hed do that and then ask you to come over. I dont see anyone who wouldnt reject someone after saying that. There must be something wrong with him if hed do that or think youd come over after that.

It's called emotional and psychological abuse.

MCalavera
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2011, 12:35 am

cdfox7 wrote:
MCalavera wrote:

I'm not trying to have a fight with you here. If you feel you have to protect women from the evil demonic monsters mistaken for charming men, then you're going to have to enter their womanly psyche and be able to manipulate it in some magical way so that they generally stop being subconsciously attracted to men and start being attracted to boys who go along with everything they say.

But hey, that would be a bad thing to do, wouldn't it? I mean, it IS the evil manipulation takteek.

Less of the sledging please!! ! BITTERNESS, so did you get tickets for the fourth Ashes test back in Dec then? do you what revenger from your country having a sh** cricket team then? :lol: :P

Please do remind me who won the urn in the last two Ashes series as I have forgotten :lmao:

Cricket? Maybe if I get to play the game, it'd be actually enjoyable. Watching others play it is a bore.

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2011, 1:07 am

MCalavera wrote:
And to be a "better challenge" for men by playing "hard to get". Yep, not exactly "manipulation" according to your argument.

some magazines say that, and other ones teach women to be better bait for PUA. it still isn't an industry designed to manipulate men.

MCalavera wrote:
But that's ok. Women are definitely much more innocent than men.

show me where i said that... oh wait, it doesn't exist.

MCalavera wrote:
To get laid, to have success with women and with social interactions, and to basically be a better man. It's not just one goal usually. It's one set of goals which is: become the best man one can be.
those things do not equal being a better man. a man can get laid and have plenty of social interactions yet be an as*hole.

MCalavera wrote:
But once again, why is it wrong, in your book, for a man to desire to get laid with random women who also desire to get laid (albeit with their own womanly conditions)?

they are not necessarily fully willing, and they do not necessarily fully understand what is going on when techniques like hypnosis are used. if a woman truly wants to sleep with a man, then such tricks are not required.

MCalavera wrote:
If you can't help me, I won't force you.

But I can tell you the best self-help programs are the ones that actually agree with the psychology behind most of the PUA stuff out there.

no, i would say they do not agree. and i do not think it was a genuine request for assistance.

MCalavera wrote:
They are "douchebags" that get to be successful in life, more so than the "opposite" type. Now you understand why some men would rather be "douchebags" than "nice guys". Women still fall for them despite their "douchebaggery". And there is a reason why. They're bloody attractive.

so what... they are not decent people anymore on the inside, so you are essentially recommending that men become as*holes so they can get laid. "success" is not a positive goal for the inner self, in this case.

MCalavera wrote:
I'm not interested in emulating him, but he sure is a cool as*hole, don't you think?

errrrr no. don't see why i would think that.

MCalavera wrote:
I mean, if I were the charming Rhett Buttler, and I took you out on a date, you'd be having a good fun date full of laughter and enjoyment and romantic wonders and fantasies of how good I would be in bed. That's just the way it is.

yes, women fall for it. and it isn't real. in most cases the women usually want more than what happens in the bedroom, but they are sold a pack of lies.

MCalavera wrote:
Debating reality over the Internet is very easy. Living against it is not.

i live in the same world. and i've been on the other side of that, now haven't i? don't talk about easy.

Last edited by hyperlexian on 09 Jun 2011, 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

MXH
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2011, 1:26 am

Erisad
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2011, 7:52 am

TeaEarlGreyHot wrote:
trojan51 wrote:

It's called emotional and psychological abuse.

Yup, it's a b***h. I told the f****r to never contact me again and he hasn't yet so yaaaaaaaaay! :D

cdfox7
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jun 2011, 10:44 am

MCalavera wrote:
cdfox7 wrote:
MCalavera wrote:

Less of the sledging please!! ! BITTERNESS, so did you get tickets for the fourth Ashes test back in Dec then? do you what revenger from your country having a sh** cricket team then? :lol: :P

Cricket? Maybe if I get to play the game, it'd be actually enjoyable. Watching others play it is a bore.

Relationships and dating are lot like cricket, PUA is just a dirty and poor sportsmanship form of twenty20, where as being your self & playing the long game of love is a lot like first class test cricket with great sportsmanship.

Ivan_AG
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

14 Jun 2011, 8:06 pm

MCalavera wrote:
Ivan_AG wrote:
Has anyone on here experienced an improvement in social interaction after reading PUA material?

I'm considering delving into the community and trying my luck with some of the stuff they teach.

I guess I'm just angry with not knowing what to say and when to say it. Don't really have many interesting stories or much of a life for that matter, so it might be worth a shot.

What do you guys think about this idea? Anyone have any advice or more experience on the matter?

PUA material is not all as bad as people here are making it out to be. Yeah, there are PUA stuff that I don't agree with at all, but that doesn't mean it's bad advice. It's just not for me and several other Aspies (I may suspect).

Actually, why label it PUA stuff? Most of the concepts of PUA are from certain psychology sources that guide a man on how to better himself as a person. It's really psychology at the end of the day. Learn about it. Know about it. Apply it in your life. And notice the outcome.

I'm a changed person in attitude thanks to these materials. People also respect me more now than before. So don't let anyone here mislead you into thinking it's completely bad.

That sounds simple enough, but I don't even have the foundation to begin utilizing this stuff in real life.

My guess is that the PUA gurus are assuming that their clients are relatively normal men who have some social contacts, enjoy socializing, and have normal lives generally.

Do I apply for any of those three criteria? No so much.

I've read some stuff on "cold approaching", "DHV", "negging", etc.

How do you think I can get away with being a f*****g social ret*d in a club setting trying to fumble through lines, openers, sets and other memorized BS?

It's changed your life.

That much I understand, but it seems a lost cause with me.

I just get so f*****g depressed coming on here and reading about success stories, when I know I'll never get away from this reality of mine.

I was much happier crunching through textbooks and being absorbed in my other interests rather than getting a slap in the face.

AceOfSpades
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2011, 9:04 pm

Pick up artistry is a bunch of laughable bullcrap. It's nothing but a marketing scheme.

I did some reading on it before. Apparently teasing a women through being cocky and funny establishes your alpha male status and creates attraction since all girls are apparently naturally attracted to alphas. What a joke. The reason light hearted teasing works is cuz, well, y so srs? Loosening up is a lot better than being uptight. I joke around with people all the time. So screw all this pseudo-scientific crap, it's really that simple. It's just normal socializing, it's not some frigging power struggle. Being uptight isn't normal socializing and neither is being a high value demonstrating douche. It's hilarious how they make such typical things out to be larger than life.

MCalavera
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2011, 10:12 pm

Ivan_AG wrote:
That sounds simple enough, but I don't even have the foundation to begin utilizing this stuff in real life.

My guess is that the PUA gurus are assuming that their clients are relatively normal men who have some social contacts, enjoy socializing, and have normal lives generally.

Do I apply for any of those three criteria? No so much.

Don't apply such criteria to yourself, mate. You don't need to be a social buzz in order to benefit from the psychology behind these PUA/alpha male teachings.

Quote:
I've read some stuff on "cold approaching", "DHV", "negging", etc.

I honestly don't even know what they're supposed to mean exactly.The only "trick" I know about is the cocky & funny "trick" (made famous by David Deangelo).

Quote:
How do you think I can get away with being a f***ing social ret*d in a club setting trying to fumble through lines, openers, sets and other memorized BS?

Simple. Don't try them out. Why are you making things so hard for you?

Be the best "alpha man" you can be (according to your person). Don't try to be someone else you're not.

Quote:
It's changed your life.

That much I understand, but it seems a lost cause with me.

It only seems like a lost cause because it seems you didn't really get the core point of what these materials actually teach you.

It isn't about knowing how to do this and that systematically. It's about being a man (regardless of goals and desires in life).

Quote:
I just get so f***ing depressed coming on here and reading about success stories, when I know I'll never get away from this reality of mine.

My success story isn't complete. This is just the beginning for me. And it can easily be the same for you. You can't be worse off than I am.

MCalavera
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2011, 10:19 pm

AceOfSpades wrote:
Pick up artistry is a bunch of laughable bullcrap. It's nothing but a marketing scheme.

I did some reading on it before. Apparently teasing a women through being cocky and funny establishes your alpha male status and creates attraction since all girls are apparently naturally attracted to alphas. What a joke. The reason light hearted teasing works is cuz, well, y so srs? Loosening up is a lot better than being uptight. I joke around with people all the time. So screw all this pseudo-scientific crap, it's really that simple. It's just normal socializing, it's not some frigging power struggle. Being uptight isn't normal socializing and neither is being a high value demonstrating douche. It's hilarious how they make such typical things out to be larger than life.

Cocky & funny demonstrates a strong confident but light-hearted character to the woman. It's an attractive trait to many females out there.

But even then, you don't need to adopt such a method anyway. Every man has a personality of his own. Not every man can utilize the Cocky/Funny bit effectively, and he doesn't have to.