I'm scared of what might happen

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

mej_1989
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

14 Jun 2011, 5:05 pm

This is a long story, over a year worth of events. Actually 4 years but only the last one really mattered . So my gf and I have been dating for about 10 months, We were friends before that, i consider her my best friend no matter what. We are having problems right now. But now i have a suspicion that she may be looking for a sugar daddy. (an older man who pays younger girls for sex and companionship). She told me months before we started dating that she was considering it. I tried to talk her out of it as her friend. She figured I was just telling her as the guy who liked her. I know the difference.

If we breakup I will be fine as long as we remain friends, but if she goes ahead and starts that, I honestly dont want to know someone like that. I was so happy when she picked me over someone who didnt really love her and could only provide for her financially. I told her she was the reason I started praying again, I wasnt praying for her to be mine I was praying for her to be able to be able to remain herself. I don't want people to think she's a bad person or something. She's just really misguided

She has had her own problems in her life. And I understand (not the right word) why she would want this. It makes me physically sick to think of her with some older guy who doesnt really love her and only wants her body. Like I said, if she were to go thru with it I dont think I could stay her friend. I told her last year if she did it I would never talk to her again. I saw her the other day and she is just so sweet and beuatiful, she deserves WAY BETTER than that for her life. I don't want to lose my friend.

She's my best friend before anything else. She has been the greatest person in my life. She's the only one who is really making an effort to understand my AS. Because of her I can do things I never thought I could. I could go on and tell you how great she is and what she means to me, but I think you get the point.

I could really use all your help right now. Any advice/encouragement will help. And if you think her doing it is good idea I dont want to hear it.

TheygoMew
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2011, 5:31 pm

If being honest has gotten you nowhere but you really care about her and you're scared she is going to ruin her life you could scare her.

Does she get on any dating sites for these sugar daddies? If she does, pretend you are a sugar daddy but act really creepy. After acting creepy tell her you have so much money..
tell her some twisted nasty fantasies you know she wouldn't go for that are very psychotic. Then say "You do want money right? I can provide it for you.....for a price." "Nothing in life is free sugar tits!"

If she isn't on a sugar daddy site...where is she going to find one?

I'd advise you leave her if she really cares about money that much. What if she is just feigning being understanding of your AS?

For the most part, when I've met people that valued materials over people themselves, they pretended and put on a good show.

Does she seem to flip on different personalities with different people and/or says things that you know she has no real interest in (or at least that is what she told you) because someone else is around?

mej_1989
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

14 Jun 2011, 5:40 pm

She has shown me in many different ways that she cares for me. She's not the kind of person who can fake her feelings for very long.

She sent a video to her friend about what to do when you first meet your sugar daddy. And no it wasnt intended for her friend.
She accidentally saved her Facebook password on my computer. And I logged on thinking it was mine. And I checked the messages still thinking it was mine. Curiosity got the best of me. I don't want her to know I invaded her privacy. I already looked thru some old emails and told her I wouldn't do it again.

OneStepBeyond
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2011, 5:55 pm

TheygoMew wrote:
If being honest has gotten you nowhere but you really care about her and you're scared she is going to ruin her life you could scare her.

Does she get on any dating sites for these sugar daddies? If she does, pretend you are a sugar daddy but act really creepy. After acting creepy tell her you have so much money..
tell her some twisted nasty fantasies you know she wouldn't go for that are very psychotic. Then say "You do want money right? I can provide it for you.....for a price." "Nothing in life is free sugar tits!"

seriously dude, do you ever have any relationship advice that doesn't involve lying to/manipulating/upsetting your partner.
You're so twisted.

TheygoMew
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2011, 6:10 pm

At least I don't put babies in lobster outfits to stuff them into cooking pans! If how you deal with situations leads you to do such things or even think it's remotely cute then I'll keep going about it my way...

OneStepBeyond
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2011, 6:16 pm

TheygoMew wrote:
At least I don't put babies in lobster outfits to stuff them into cooking pans! If how you deal with situations leads you to do such things or even think it's remotely cute then I'll keep going about it my way...

excuse me whilst i go cry myself to sleep.

OP. it's wrong to actively look for anyone else (be it sugar daddy or not) whilst in a relationship so personally I'd confront her about it and explain where you stand on the matter. Say the things you said in your post about her deserving better & being the greatest person in your life etc, it might bring her to her senses and make her realise what she already has.

mej_1989
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

14 Jun 2011, 6:16 pm

Great, I'm at my lowest moment and instead of getting advice a silly argument breaks out.

OneStepBeyond
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2011, 6:20 pm

i gave you advice. or tried.

mej_1989
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

14 Jun 2011, 6:27 pm

Yea,thanks. I see that now, we posted at the same time

HopeGrows
Veteran
Veteran

Location: In exactly the right place at exactly the right time.

14 Jun 2011, 9:28 pm

OP, I feel for you. Look....we all get tempted to do things that are less than honorable. Whether we do them or not is what defines our character. Keep that in mind, because I want to remind you that you can't ignore the parts of someone that don't appeal to you. All this girl's traits - good and bad - are hers. Just as all the parts of her that you admire are real, so are the parts that are looking for this "sugar daddy" arrangement.

In general, I tend to think prostitution should be legalized - and this type of arrangement falls into my definition of prostitution: entering into a sexual relationship with another person strictly for economic gain. While I'm generally prostitution-positive, I couldn't engage in prostitution (I can't really separate sex and love, so it just wouldn't work for me). So, I'm not judging her negatively for her willingness to engage in prostitution, but I am going to judge her negatively for contemplating this arrangement while in a relationship with you - without your consent, and knowing that it would mean the end of contact with you. It doesn't seem like she truly values her relationship with you, and I don't think you can afford to ignore that. Good luck.