Few Things Sting More Than...

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

thechadmaster
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2011, 7:23 pm

EDIT::: I have retracted the photo, in the rare case that either of these people or perhaps friends might see it.

For the record, it was a picture of the woman of my dreams in the embrace of a US Marine that she fell for and became engaged to. "Frank" sent me this a few years back. In my line of work in a convenience store, i see this guy about once a week, the girl ive seen twice in 18 months (at the store).

I've loved this woman since the day i met her back in 2002, she's always been on my mind.

Why do they always fall for jerks???

Last edited by thechadmaster on 17 May 2011, 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sacrip
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2011, 7:43 pm

You're gonna get a lot of answers that you aren't gonna like, from "You probably took her for granted" to "You didn't tell her how you felt and she wanted someone who did" to "Here, check this link out about being cocky and funny to get chicks". All I can tell you with confidence is that once the initial pain is gone, you need to take a long, hard look at what really happened, and who this girl really is. All too often, we make people into who we want them to be, and not who they really are, until it's too late. I'm not saying she wasn't the right one for you, but if she's really with a 'jerk', then what does that say about her?

thechadmaster
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2011, 7:52 pm

Honest advice, thanks

"Initial Pain" -This photo is from 2007, ive known about their engagement since 2008 and it still sticks with me.

"What does that say about her?" -Hell, id put up with ANYTHING just to have a relationship. Even if she treated me like crap, I would thank God for simply letting me have a relationship.

I have learned the hard way that i am not allowed to have "standards".

We never really "had a relationship", more like a friendship that i mistakenly ("as per" usual) thought was something more.

this gem of a photo just happend to land in my myspace PM's awhile back, courtesy of "Frank" the guy in the photo.

Mindslave
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2011, 8:14 pm

thechadmaster wrote:
Honest advice, thanks

"Initial Pain" -This photo is from 2007, ive known about their engagement since 2008 and it still sticks with me.

"What does that say about her?" -Hell, id put up with ANYTHING just to have a relationship. Even if she treated me like crap, I would thank God for simply letting me have a relationship.

I have learned the hard way that i am not allowed to have "standards".

We never really "had a relationship", more like a friendship that i mistakenly ("as per" usual) thought was something more.

this gem of a photo just happend to land in my myspace PM's awhile back, courtesy of "Frank" the guy in the photo.

Well, if her boyfriend sent you that via Myspace, that says a lot about both of them. Besides, she LOOKS like a scumbag. She has that same arrogant smile that I want to smack off other people's faces.

thechadmaster
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2011, 8:22 pm

Mindslave wrote:
Besides, she LOOKS like a scumbag. She has that same arrogant smile that I want to smack off other people's faces.

I love that smile. That ring (not pictured) on the other hand..... :x :x :x :x

everytime i see that pic, my blood pressure rises 30 points and my temperature drops by 30 degrees, and my ability to ever love again drops.

Last edited by thechadmaster on 17 May 2011, 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sacrip
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2011, 8:25 pm

I remember the pain of losing the girl to another guy. Whether I 'had' her or not in the first place was immaterial. It was only years later that I saw the grief I felt wasn't for her. It was for the loss of what I felt like was my 'last chance' at love. See, I saw every girlfriend as my last chance. I think I imagined getting married to each one of them. Because (as my reasoning went) if I lost this one, I'd never convince another girl to like me that much. Cause I was a loser, and girls don't go out with losers. And like you, I would put up with any abuse she gave me as long as she stayed my girlfriend. I didn't care who the girl was, as long as she held hands with me in public.

Maybe you have to be 30 something before a guy can understand this, but I'll tell you anyways: No girl is sufficient replacement for self love. She can NOT do for you what you must do for yourself: Like and respect who you are. Somehow, girls always know when you're using them to prop yourself up. And they generally really hate it. Because they, themselves, are already a mass of neurosis and self loathing. You don't have to be a jerk to get the girl, but you DO have to be pleased with who you are as a man. If you aren't, then fix THAT. Once you know your own worth, so will they.

thechadmaster
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2011, 8:28 pm

There was nobody before her and nobody since -- that was 2002. My prospects are getting worse by the day. I had ONE "date" in 2006(different girl), but it turned out she was using me to go to a concert that her father forbade her from going to alone.

sacrip wrote:
self love.

that ship has sailed.

i am also not afraid to admit that i am the shallowest person i know.

amazon_television
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2011, 8:37 pm

thechadmaster wrote:

He straight sent you that picture in a PM just to screw with you? f**k "Frank", dude looks like Stephen Baldwin's lazy eyed detached siamese twin.

Nice smarmy faces.

This is probably going to fall into the category of "responses you're not gonna like" but dude, forget them. If you say "I've tried to forget" then I'll believe you and I apologize in advance, but you made no mention of that yet and don't seem like you really want to.

Quote:
No girl is sufficient replacement for self love. She can NOT do for you what you must do for yourself: Like and respect who you are.

This is the best advice you will receive on the subject.

thechadmaster
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2011, 8:43 pm

She's one of those people you pray to forget about, and pray to remember. That image will never leave my memory, in fact, the pot got stirred the other night, in a dream that i was on a date with her, effing alarm clock went off just before the shirts came off. This is a recurring dream that has had that particular ending each time. I guess never having "seen anything" by brain does not have a refrence point to fall back on in the dream.

Im still friggin shivvering right now.

amazon_television: no need to apologize, i was already expecting a response like that also, i dont think he did it to be mean, it was kind of a "yay us, were engaged" type thing.

NickKotarski
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

19 May 2011, 3:15 pm

If an Aspie is competing with a Marine for a girl's affection, 9.8 times out of 10 she'll pick the Marine, forget about it & move on!!

sacrip
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2011, 7:09 pm

Quote:
If an Aspie is competing with a Marine for a girl's affection, 9.8 times out of 10 she'll pick the Marine, forget about it & move on!!

I hate to be THAT guy, but first off, the guy is wearing a U.S Army PT jacket, so he's most certainly NOT a Marine. Second, if she's the type of girl to go "Ooh, he's in the army, that's so much cooler than the other guy who isn't, I'm gonna go out with him instead," then I'd say good riddance. That's the kind of girl who pushes him to get married so she can have the nice house on base having affairs while he's deployed in Afghanistan getting shot at only to come home and find his bank account wiped out and his house empty except for divorce papers and child support leins on his paycheck. I say this as a former active duty soldier and a current reservist.