MXH
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2011, 11:32 pm

YourMother wrote:
Erisad wrote:
Am I good enough for a good man?

There's no such thing as a "good man".

Quite the harsh thing to say. But by this logic i can say there is no such thing as a good woman.

BlueMage
Toucan
Toucan

28 May 2011, 12:02 am

I am not trying to be mean, but you could attract good men if you had a more positive attitude. When you act so negative you set the tone such that others feel impelled to insult you and be insensitive. I've met plenty of fat and "unattractive" women who have neverending streams of boyfriends. What they have in common is that they are friendly and perky and inviting. A "good man" will run away from someone who is an emotional drain on them.

MrLoony
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2011, 1:52 am

Erisad wrote:
Right. How is a fat, unemployed Aspie with no car or boyfriend considered awesome? I'm pretty much the very definition of a loser in America.

I am fat, unemployed, with no car and no girlfriend. I don't think that makes me a loser because here's the thing: The American definition of loser is about the dumbest thing ever.

The idea that these are things that people actually look for is something that's drilled into our skulls by the media. A "good guy" doesn't buy into that.

A good guy is someone who manages to figure out that the American definition of loser is crap. Is a good guy someone who blindly follows idiocy? No. A good guy is one that can think for himself and realize that there's a lot more to life than weight or money (at 21, you really shouldn't be making that much anyway. Unemployment or a lack of a car isn't a big deal at your age. It really shouldn't be a source of shame at any age). And, quite frankly, a good guy would want to start a relationship with someone that isn't in a relationship already.

Edit:

Erisad wrote:
But I want to have kids too. I'd treat them well and then I'd have people who'd love me because I'm assuming that the guy I'll marry will grow sick of me and leave me for a twiggy younger girl like my father did to my mother. Men just don't want to commit. :(

Thanks for the sexism!

TallyMan
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2011, 3:11 am

Thread locked by request of the OP.