don't want a relationship after what I've seen happen with..

Page 1 of 2 [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Frieslander
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2011, 3:07 pm

deleted. I was having a screwy day.

Last edited by Frieslander on 12 Jun 2011, 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2011, 3:14 pm

Frieslander, let me be frank with you, you are 40, unemployed and still live with your parents (which is a big shame in your culture), it's not like you have a lot of chances to get a relationship anyways. Ok, I know you heard a stories from this and from that about a 40-something guys got married and bla bla bla bla ....but those men are usually financially successful and had relationship experience like most adults.

So keep trying, you have absolutely nothing to lose and if you are afraid then keep in mind that it's so unlikely to happen anyways.

Last edited by The_Face_of_Boo on 12 Jun 2011, 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mindslave
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2011, 3:15 pm

I don't want a relationship after what I've seen with fellow humans. Relationships lead to marriage, and marriage leads to insanity. The wife nags you for 10 years about how you don't want to change, and then she wants to complain that you aren't the man she married.

Frieslander
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2011, 3:38 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Frieslander, let me be frank with you, you are 40, unemployed and still live with your parents (which is a big shame in your culture), it's not like you have a lot of chances to get a relationship anyways. Ok, I know you heard a stories from this and from that about a 40-something guys got married and bla bla bla bla ....but those men are usually financially successful and had relationship experience like most adults.

So keep trying, you have absolutely nothing to lose and if you are afraid then keep in mind that it's so unlikely to happen anyways.

actually, I don't live with my parents.

TeaEarlGreyHot
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2011, 3:39 pm

If you spread my laundry around, I will be very upset. Just fair warning.

Frieslander
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2011, 4:01 pm

Boo's probably right. I'm a guy; the guy is supposed to be the strong one in a relationship, the supportive one. It'll never happen.

LordoftheMonkeys
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2011, 4:27 pm

Maybe I'm just being self-important, but are you referring to my story about being slandered?

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2011, 4:44 pm

Frieslander wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

but he's your legal guardian, aye? Same effect.

Anyways, what's the point of this thread?

Frieslander
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2011, 4:47 pm

LordoftheMonkeys wrote:
Maybe I'm just being self-important, but are you referring to my story about being slandered?

No, it's not you. I'll shut up now. I really shouldn't say why I started this thread.

MollyTroubletail
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2011, 4:49 pm

The point of this thread is that the OP is inviting people to PM him to spread some gossip about someone else, who will become upset if he does so.

Therefore this is not a public discussion but a private matter, and needs to be ended.

emlion
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2011, 4:49 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Frieslander wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

but he's your legal guardian, aye? Same effect.

Anyways, what's the point of this thread?

Gossip.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2011, 4:51 pm

ooo nice, so who's dating who on WP?

Frieslander
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2011, 4:52 pm

I was vicariously (somewhat) living through some fellow Aspies that have problems. I was very disappointed to hear of their situation. I guess that is the reason why I started this thread.

I guess it made me re-think the whole idea of dating.

GoatOnFire
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2011, 4:58 pm

Well, you know what they (by they I mean I) say. Wedding bells, the music is so sweet, and the echo is so sour.

MollyTroubletail
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2011, 4:58 pm

If you have comments about dating in general, please explain them.

If you are referring to some specific situation with another member of WP, please stop talking about it. We're not here to dissect one another's character or to gossip.

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2011, 5:02 pm

MollyTroubletail wrote:
The point of this thread is that the OP is inviting people to PM him to spread some gossip about someone else, who will become upset if he does so.

Therefore this is not a public discussion but a private matter, and needs to be ended.

^this

Frieslander, if you cannot support your friends without spreading their personal info in a PM, then don't offer to support them or listen in the first place. this thread is not cool. it isn't too late for you to edit your post to remove the offer to spread other people's information, and i suggest that you do so to maintain everyone's dignity.