Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2011, 5:47 pm

A girl (a introvert girl who only wants social outgoing guys, so she rejected me because of not being so) was whining all over me this morning (how much she needs a bf and how she feels lonely and how her life sucks and how she's unable to attract anyone/anything) to the extent that I politely cut the conversation because these are the last things I need to hear...

At night of the same day, she has been rubbing my face about her new bf she just got today and how decent he is and how great life is bla bla...

Very good, but from over-depressed and life sucks to over-satisfied and happy life in less than 24hrs? seriously? A sudden 180 degrees change?

Does a bf/gf change life that much?

OneStepBeyond
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2011, 5:51 pm

some people cannot seem to remain alone
i find the sort quite irritating

MollyTroubletail
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2011, 5:55 pm

I am the irritating sort of person who cannot be alone. When I meet a bf I instantly change from completely unhappy to completely happy. I married my husband one week after I met him. Hopefully I didn't annoy anyone like your friend annoyed you.

TheygoMew
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2011, 6:14 pm

Focus on your hobbies at this point in your life.
Talk about your feelings to all who care to listen!

:roll:

Oh blah! This girl is a b***h. She's trying to get under your skin. Ignore her, go your own way. If you have any interesting hobbies that could be transformed into business, make money with it. Later on if you see her again, by this time you will probably have a great girlfriend then she will be bragging about how awesome you are.

all_white
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2011, 6:18 pm

MollyTroubletail wrote:
I married my husband one week after I met him.

:o

Are you being serious? Or is there some kind of sarcasm or jokey humour going on there that I can't detect?

I didn't know it was even POSSIBLE to get married that quickly! Didn't you have to wait to be granted a wedding licence?

That's incredibly romantic. I suppose everyone else told you you were out of your mind and it was a stupid thing to do, but that's just the kind of thing I would like to do one day. :)

Boo wrote:

If they're the right one, yes. :)

Magnus_Rex
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2011, 6:26 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

That is precisely what I would like to know. Judging by the reactions of some people I know, the answer is: HELL YEAH!! !! !! :D :D :D :D

But I remain skeptical. While I do want a girlfriend, I don't think she would change me that much. Unless she could change the "wiring" in my brain. :P

MollyTroubletail
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2011, 6:57 pm

all_white wrote:
MollyTroubletail wrote:

Are you being serious? Or is there some kind of sarcasm or jokey humour going on there that I can't detect?

I didn't know it was even POSSIBLE to get married that quickly! Didn't you have to wait to be granted a wedding licence?

That's incredibly romantic. I suppose everyone else told you you were out of your mind and it was a stupid thing to do, but that's just the kind of thing I would like to do one day. :)

Nope, no sarcasm or humour. We met online and a few weeks later decided to get married, sight unseen. I planned the wedding before even meeting him, and didn't tell anybody because I knew I'd get yelled at and argued with.

When he got off the plane that first time I knew he was the one. I told my family two hours before the ceremony, giving them just enough time to quickly get dressed and come over with flowers, but not long enough to get over the shock and start to argue. They did not even know that I was seeing anyone till that point. It was incredibly funny, looking back on it. :lol: The looks on their faces!! !

Grisha
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2011, 7:06 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

It can put you in a better mood, but actually change your life that fast? No way.

Ask her about her about her "Prince Charming" one month from now, or better yet one year, or 5 years: that's the only way to tell.

I think a many of us are really good guys, but just don't offer the "instant gratification" factor enough to even get in the game.

Thank God for special interests... :roll:

BlueMage
Toucan
Toucan

14 Jun 2011, 7:35 pm

What a drama queen... be glad she rejected you.

GoatOnFire
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2011, 10:17 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Very good, but from over-depressed and life sucks to over-satisfied and happy life in less than 24hrs? seriously? A sudden 180 degrees change?

Initially, yes. Form my observations, just about anyone is ecstatic when they find a new bf/gf, at first...

Most of the time, though, the relationship starts to run into tough waters. Then these people will become whinier and more emo than any virgin you will ever meet. And if there is an unexpected breakup, then boo f*****g hoo all f*****g day... :roll:

A bf/gf is normally a trip that makes you happy at first and then a whiny emo until you start the whole stupid process all over again. She sounds like this archetype as well.

MCalavera
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2011, 10:24 pm

Low self-esteem, low character, low quality. Need I say more?

AngelKnight
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2011, 10:49 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

It can seem to. Ever see a high schooler who was dumped lately?

ToadOfSteel
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2011, 10:54 pm

MollyTroubletail wrote:
all_white wrote:
MollyTroubletail wrote:

Nope, no sarcasm or humour. We met online and a few weeks later decided to get married, sight unseen. I planned the wedding before even meeting him, and didn't tell anybody because I knew I'd get yelled at and argued with.

When he got off the plane that first time I knew he was the one. I told my family two hours before the ceremony, giving them just enough time to quickly get dressed and come over with flowers, but not long enough to get over the shock and start to argue. They did not even know that I was seeing anyone till that point. It was incredibly funny, looking back on it. :lol: The looks on their faces!! !

How can you possibly figure out that quickly that someone is "The One"? After a week, I might feel like someone could possibly be someone i might think about looking towards possibly getting to know...

On another note, how long have you been married?

johnsmcjohn
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2011, 10:55 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
A girl (a introvert girl who only wants social outgoing guys, so she rejected me because of not being so) was whining all over me this morning (how much she needs a bf and how she feels lonely and how her life sucks and how she's unable to attract anyone/anything) to the extent that I politely cut the conversation because these are the last things I need to hear...

At night of the same day, she has been rubbing my face about her new bf she just got today and how decent he is and how great life is bla bla...

The next time you see that girl, RUN! She's so full of psychosauce she's going to pop any moment now.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2011, 3:41 am

Stop mass-stoning the girl for Ba'al's sake :-/, I am just judging this particular act, not the person...