Page 1 of 3 [ 40 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

RossMc
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

11 Jun 2011, 10:25 pm

Maybe my list of things girls go for is influenced by where I live, Massachusetts- bagpipes are prestigious here because of the general admiration for all things Irish (or more accurately superficially and stereotypically Irish), hence the value placed on such things as draft Guiness, bagpipes, shamrocks etc.. Motorcycles are pretty uncommon here, because the weather is usually too terrible to ride a bike.
I live in a poor white neighborhood in the suburbs, hence the expressed preference of all too many of the women around me for whats familiar to them- loud frat boy types who are inherently conformist.

sacrip
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2011, 12:08 am

It also depends on how old the girls in question are: Twenty-something girls are obviously going to have different interests than Thirty something girls. Then when you factor in cultural background, socioeconomic status, education levels, etc...you'll have wildly different interests as well within even the same graduating high school class. It's almost like each girl is a unique individual or something.

Seriously, though, let me head you off at the pass if I can, and I apologize if I'm off base. It's helpful to know what the girl you like likes, and a date to the art gallery if she likes art, or the ballet if she likes dance, will really impress her and expand your horizons, too. But it's so much better if you find a girl who likes the same things you like. No matter how obscure the thing you like is, there's a girl out there who likes it too. It takes a little work, but they're findable.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2011, 12:24 am

Loud frat boy types who are inherently non-comformist ... and going to school on Daddy's money.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

12 Jun 2011, 1:02 am

I see girls in my area going for much older guys who are as*holes & into partying. I'm sure lots of girls go for other things instead but that's what I see a lot in my area

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

MXH
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2011, 1:12 am

the oposite of me sounds like it would attract a lot of women.

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2011, 1:30 am

sacrip wrote:
It also depends on how old the girls in question are: Twenty-something girls are obviously going to have different interests than Thirty something girls. Then when you factor in cultural background, socioeconomic status, education levels, etc...you'll have wildly different interests as well within even the same graduating high school class. It's almost like each girl is a unique individual or something.

Seriously, though, let me head you off at the pass if I can, and I apologize if I'm off base. It's helpful to know what the girl you like likes, and a date to the art gallery if she likes art, or the ballet if she likes dance, will really impress her and expand your horizons, too. But it's so much better if you find a girl who likes the same things you like. No matter how obscure the thing you like is, there's a girl out there who likes it too. It takes a little work, but they're findable.

+1000000000

RICKY5
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2011, 2:40 am

Varying amounts of psychological dominance, height, physique, social status, daddy issues, fulfillment of fantasies from their youth, her relative attractiveness compared to her peers, your ability to elevate her social status, whether or not she wants to be seen with you, and money.

Laz
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2011, 2:55 am

Mass generalisations for the fail!

trappedinhell
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2011, 3:14 am

sacrip wrote:
No matter how obscure the thing you like is, there's a girl out there who likes it too. It takes a little work, {and assumes a certain amount, possibly a lot, of money and the ability to relocate to another continent} but they're findable {though you may find overwhelming circumstances keep you apart}.

FTFY. Sorry, but I'm feeling cynical this morning. Diogenes had it right.

ValentineWiggin
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2011, 12:54 am

Inquiry accepted.

Now consulting hive mind.

Please wait a moment.

to his Interest."

Adam82
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2011, 2:33 am

Money

mv
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2011, 7:05 am

Laz wrote:
Mass generalisations for the fail!

Heh, it's extra funny because he's in Massachusetts.

LordoftheMonkeys
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2011, 11:24 am

RossMc wrote:
Maybe my list of things girls go for is influenced by where I live, Massachusetts- bagpipes are prestigious here because of the general admiration for all things Irish (or more accurately superficially and stereotypically Irish), hence the value placed on such things as draft Guiness, bagpipes, shamrocks etc.. Motorcycles are pretty uncommon here, because the weather is usually too terrible to ride a bike.
I live in a poor white neighborhood in the suburbs, hence the expressed preference of all too many of the women around me for whats familiar to them- loud frat boy types who are inherently conformist.

Um, wha? I live in Massachusetts too, and I don't notice any of that. Guinness, bagpipes, shamrocks? 8O Loud frat boys? Um, maybe some of them. Inherently conformist? Where are you getting all this from?

dionysian
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2011, 11:29 am

LordoftheMonkeys wrote:
Um, wha? I live in Massachusetts too, and I don't notice any of that. Guinness, bagpipes, shamrocks? 8O Loud frat boys? Um, maybe some of them. Inherently conformist? Where are you getting all this from?

From the year and a half I lived in Boston, I recognize these things. :)

ALL ANIMALS ARE EQUAL
BUT SOME ANIMALS ARE MORE EQUAL THAN OTHERS

mv
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2011, 11:43 am

LordoftheMonkeys wrote:
RossMc wrote:

+1. There are TONS of motorcycles where I live in MA, and not much of that behavior/trappings that RossMc has described. And I've been here 10+ years.

OneStepBeyond
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2011, 1:34 pm

aren't bagpipes...Scottish

and well unsexy mate.