Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

Aspie_Chav
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2011, 4:27 pm

However, she is a famous comedian, and unlikely to go out with me, so what do I do.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSKHD3iEjfY&feature=related[/youtube]

purchase
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2011, 5:16 pm

Give it a chance! :D Go to one of her stand-up shows if she has one. They often sign autographs and chat with fans afterwards. In any case you'll have a fun entertaining evening :)

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2011, 5:57 pm

ROFL I'll have to check her out. :lol:

EDIT: I mean her show! :?

Papa_Smurf
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

22 Jul 2011, 6:11 pm

See if you can chat her up after a show, who knows, maybe she'll go for it! I'm sure you'll have a better pickup tactic than the drunk morons who often flock to comedy clubs :D

"The superior man is the providence of the inferior. He is eyes for the blind, strength for the weak, and a shield for the defenseless. He stands erect by bending above the fallen. He rises by lifting others."

- Robert G. Ingersoll

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

23 Jul 2011, 9:44 pm

I would suggest joining her fan sites if she has any or start one if she doesn't. Spend a lot of time there talking about how you really admire her, think she's funny & other things you like about her. Also talk about how you'd love to meet her. Maybe someone there would have some kind of connections or she would see it herself. Even if nothing happens; you will still have a lot of fun talking & obsessing about her until you crush wears off or you find someone else. That's what I did about my crush on Miranda Cosgrove

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2011, 4:18 am

If you're successul, get her to introduce me to David Mitchell, i think he's cute:)

Seriously though, its probably best to find a distraction than to obsess about someone unreachable.

Shows you have good taste in women though.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2011, 4:24 am

hurtloam wrote:
Seriously though, its probably best to find a distraction than to obsess about someone unreachable.

Obsessing worked quite well for me

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2011, 4:52 pm

Honestly I don't think that your chances are as bad as you think.

Send her a card with your photo asking for a date.

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2011, 4:53 pm

nick007 wrote:
I would suggest joining her fan sites if she has any or start one if she doesn't. Spend a lot of time there talking about how you really admire her, think she's funny & other things you like about her. Also talk about how you'd love to meet her. Maybe someone there would have some kind of connections or she would see it herself. Even if nothing happens; you will still have a lot of fun talking & obsessing about her until you crush wears off or you find someone else. That's what I did about my crush on Miranda Cosgrove

No do not do this. This will make her think he's a creepy stalker type.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2011, 5:19 pm

Chronos wrote:
nick007 wrote:

No one on Miranda Cosgrove's fan sites thought I was a creepy stalker & I was the oldest one there by like 10 years. They thought I was adorably sweet & alot probably would of set me up with her if they would of known her & had the chance

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2011, 8:11 pm

nick007 wrote:
Chronos wrote:
nick007 wrote:

No one on Miranda Cosgrove's fan sites thought I was a creepy stalker & I was the oldest one there by like 10 years. They thought I was adorably sweet & alot probably would of set me up with her if they would of known her & had the chance

it's one thing for fellow fans to say that, and it's another thing to actually have a chance to date a star. not many of us would measure up to that, and even if we did, i think we'd find that the stars are pretty much... human. they put their trousers on one leg at a time, and their s**t stinks.

often, their public personalities are carefully engineered by PR machines to be as appealing as possible to attract hordes of fans. it's not their real self that we get to see.

MXH
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2011, 8:16 pm

hyperlexian wrote:
nick007 wrote:
Chronos wrote:
nick007 wrote:

it's one thing for fellow fans to say that, and it's another thing to actually have a chance to date a star. not many of us would measure up to that, and even if we did, i think we'd find that the stars are pretty much... human. they put their trousers on one leg at a time, and their sh** stinks.

often, their public personalities are carefully engineered by PR machines to be as appealing as possible to attract hordes of fans. it's not their real self that we get to see.

i put my pants on both legs at a time. Am i unhuman then?

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2011, 8:28 pm

MXH wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:
nick007 wrote:
Chronos wrote:
nick007 wrote:

it's one thing for fellow fans to say that, and it's another thing to actually have a chance to date a star. not many of us would measure up to that, and even if we did, i think we'd find that the stars are pretty much... human. they put their trousers on one leg at a time, and their sh** stinks.

i put my pants on both legs at a time. Am i unhuman then?

you are like superman leaping into your pants? lol unless you are sitting on the edge of your bed, i guess.

OhNowIGetIt
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

25 Jul 2011, 9:27 pm

well, good news for me tonight, feeling like if this is where the bar is set for a man being attracted to them maybe there is hope for me too!

go for whatever makes you happy!

AsteroidNap
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2011, 1:27 pm

Chronos wrote:
nick007 wrote:

I would agree with Chronos. My day job is in the entertainment industry...believe me when I say entertainers will not be interested in you if you come off as a 'fan'. You need to find a way to be seen as an 'equal' otherwise it won't work. Talking with her after one of her shows is probably the best idea, short of becoming a stand up comedian yourself. Then see if she'd go on a non-threatening date with you such as coffee or something.

kra17
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2011, 1:51 pm

hurtloam wrote:
If you're successul, get her to introduce me to David Mitchell, i think he's cute:).

Hasn't he been on QI (Quite Interesting)?
He's one of my favorites there. :)