I may finally meet him face-to-face

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Descartes
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2011, 3:03 pm

I've been chatting with this one guy online for over a year. His name is Jay, and we started chatting with one another on OKCupid back in the summer of 2010. I confided in him about my autism and he was totally understanding and supportive. He really took a liking to me for various reasons.

Flash forward to 2011. I started chatting with him again back in August. He gave me his phone number and since then, we've been texting each other very frequently. We even talked to each other on the phone several times. Now, he tells me that he's getting a new car and asked me if he could come down to my area to see me. I'm seriously considering doing it. I'm thinking of meeting him at a Starbucks for coffee or something.

He's still very much interested in me. Our texts have become more flirty - and even sexual - in nature, mainly because I'm growing more comfortable chatting with him. In fact, I think I might be developing feelings for him, too. Also, he's 26 years old whereas I'm 20, but I don't think the slight age difference is really a big deal.

I just wanted to hear some people's advice in this area, because this will be the first time I've ever met somebody in person whom I first met online. Does anybody have any similar stories?

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2011, 4:34 pm

It's so nice to hear a success story, my advice would be if you meet him take someone with you, you don't really know who this person is, it's not impolite or rude to bring a friend along, if he takes offence he's being petty, make sure someone knows where you are going, the most important thing is to stay safe at all times.

All the best.

Obres
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2011, 5:06 pm

Just meet him someplace public and use your common sense. And expect him to look a little different than he does in his pictures, and act a little different than he does online. Everyone does.

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2011, 5:12 pm

All I can say is congrats :wink: