What did she mean when she said this?

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2011, 3:57 pm

this girl said behind my back the other day

"For me, if a man has confidence, and a strong personality, then he is very attractive.
Men like Hugh Jackman, and Johny Depp are sexy, because they personalities are strong, or they have just a 'something' about them, their confidence, perhaps, and man like .... Daniel Smith who look like they have a stick up their ***, that's not sexy."

In a bit more depth what does she mean?

curlyfry
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2011, 6:53 pm

Well when using the word "look", probably means stiff moving or not very fluid. Now if they say "act" like they mean the guy could be a jerk, butthead or dry sense of humor no one gets.

Grisha
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2011, 7:18 pm

Jamesy wrote:
Men like Hugh Jackman, and Johny Depp are sexy, because they personalities are strong, or they have just a 'something' about them

I'm sure being in their 40's has something to do with it 8)

Jory
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2011, 7:21 pm

Yes, they have a certain "something" about them: their looks. Personality is part of it, but a lot of ladies would lose their adoration for those two actors if they suddenly got ugly.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2011, 8:44 pm

Well girls should like me becasue besides..... i am young, have a good physical condtion and plenty off talent.

Do u agree?

MrEGuy
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

30 Sep 2011, 10:12 pm

She doesn't mean anything she said. What she means is "I find sexy guys to be sexy."

Rocky
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2011, 1:10 am

MrEGuy wrote:
She doesn't mean anything she said. What she means is "I find sexy guys to be sexy."

I agree. If she had named a couple of guys whom she found sexy who didn't have conventional good looks, that would have been different.

DeanAdamFry
Toucan
Toucan

01 Oct 2011, 9:21 am

Jamesy wrote:
this girl said behind my back the other day

"For me, if a man has confidence, and a strong personality, then he is very attractive.
Men like Hugh Jackman, and Johny Depp are sexy, because they personalities are strong, or they have just a 'something' about them, their confidence, perhaps, and man like .... Daniel Smith who look like they have a stick up their ***, that's not sexy."

In a bit more depth what does she mean?

Oh please, they are talking about they're looks right there. They are throwing in confidence and strong personality to not sound like shallow women.

Daniel Smith is an ugly guy so I see why they are not attracted to him. What they mean by the stick up their arse is walking very tight, because if you actually had a stick up your arse, you could do nothing but be very tensed up, what they are trying to say is they got to walk like without a care in the world.

For people who have AS/Autism do walk around like planks, I'm not really sure why that is though could someone here tell me why that is?

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2011, 6:13 pm

Jamesy wrote:
Well girls should like me becasue besides..... i am young, have a good physical condtion and plenty off talent.

Do u agree?

I don't think a girl should like you for any reason. That is to say, a girl does not have an obligation to like you because they are girl and girls are said to like a trait you think you have. That is like becoming upset because you got a girl a doll and she doesn't like dolls.

People are individuals and could find someone attractive or unattractive for a variety of reasons.

Wolfheart
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2011, 6:28 pm

Jamesy wrote:

Do u agree?

If you walk around with that attitude, you'll get comments like that, I personally find arrogance and being shallow to be extremely unattractive. A girl should love you because you share a connection and mutual respect for each other and because you make her feel secure and beautiful.

renemain
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

01 Oct 2011, 10:42 pm

I'm not gorgeous or nothin, but the girls I dated always mentined how they found my confidence an amazing trait. Confidence is pretty much all I got to work with. N girls say I'm so good looking just cause of my confidence, though I doubt I am. Though I'm confident I don't need to be attractive from my experience.
so yeah it's exactly what she was saying.
Confidence and how a guy carries himself is sexy.
If a guy doesn't carry himself well(stick up his ass) he is not sexy.
simple.