Page 1 of 8 [ 128 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next

Grisha
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2011, 7:47 pm

Sorry, but everyone knows my story - you'd think that maybe I'd be able to inspire the tiniest shred of attraction in someone, but I am still an absolute zero with the opposite sex - it's f*cking awful. :(

TeaEarlGreyHot
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2011, 7:56 pm

You aren't a 0.

... that's all I have to say.

Grisha
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2011, 7:59 pm

TeaEarlGreyHot wrote:
You aren't a 0.

Thank you! :)

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2011, 8:01 pm

You're not doing too badly. Didn't you get hit on the other day by someone you thought was attractive?

Megz
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2011, 8:05 pm

:( I'm sorry you feel like that. I think you're a cool guy, if that means anything to you coming from someone less than half your age.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2011, 8:06 pm

Also, I think you've done better than most. Don't you earn a lot of money? That surely would give you great confidence. It would blow mine through the roof more than a "date".

Grisha
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2011, 8:12 pm

hale_bopp wrote:
You're not doing too badly. Didn't you get hit on the other day by someone you thought was attractive?

Yes, and it was awesome.

But as soon as someone gets to know me a little better, it's over, despite my best efforts.

The worst part fof it is that I've done pretty much everything you're "supposed" to do and I still can't inspire anything: nothing, zero.

I see guys who are supposedly far less "eligible" than I am actually getting somewhere, I simply can't get even the tiniest reaction from anyone - I might as well be a different species. I f*cking hate it.

TeaEarlGreyHot
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2011, 8:15 pm

Grisha wrote:
as soon as someone gets to know me a little better, it's over, despite my best efforts.

Story of my life.

Grisha
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2011, 8:17 pm

hale_bopp wrote:
Also, I think you've done better than most. Don't you earn a lot of money? That surely would give you great confidence. It would blow mine through the roof more than a "date".

Yes, my income is very good, and I earned every penny - I've found I can easily "buy" a girlfriend, but of course when you kiss them, they don't really kiss back - it's worse than nothing...

MXH
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2011, 8:22 pm

Grisha wrote:
Sorry, but everyone knows my story - you'd think that maybe I'd be able to inspire the tiniest shred of attraction in someone, but I am still an absolute zero with the opposite sex - it's f*cking awful. :(

I know the feeling as I live it daily. Yet you've achieved more than I can ever hope to

VIDEODROME
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2011, 8:23 pm

You'd think there would be a better way to match up people.

Dating sites add a new angle to it but still needs improvement.

Sometimes I wonder if what is needed is an active professional 3rd party. Not just a friend who wants to meddle in your life by pushing you into blind dates, but some kind of professional matchmaker.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2011, 8:31 pm

TeaEarlGreyHot wrote:
You aren't a 0.

It doesn't help much in real life though does it? Although words on a screen may bring a fleeting frisson of comfort.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2011, 8:32 pm

hale_bopp wrote:

Yup, and you can get laid whenever you want.

TeaEarlGreyHot
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2011, 8:37 pm

Tequila wrote:
TeaEarlGreyHot wrote:
You aren't a 0.

It doesn't help much in real life though does it? Although words on a screen may bring a fleeting frisson of comfort.

Well, I am supposed to be meeting Grisha IRL if he ever gets his butt over here. :-P

MountainLaurel
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2011, 8:46 pm

Grisha, you look like Hugh Grant circa 1995.

You make me laugh. That's attractive. Every time I see one of your posts I muse that the picture looks like Hugh Grant. I just googled hugh grant mug shot. It is Hugh Grant. That's funny.

And you're in the big house; not that Big House. So you have two houses.

My take; maybe LA is the wrong place for an affluent, competant, hard working, amusing aspie who resembles Hugh Grant in a bad mood to attract attractive women.

Have you considered Boston? Would 5 months of foul weather be too off putting? Harvard & MIT; lots of nerdy professorial women, some attractive.

TeaEarlGreyHot
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2011, 8:50 pm

MountainLaurel wrote:
Grisha, you look like Hugh Grant circa 1995.

You make me laugh. That's attractive. Every time I see one of your posts I muse that the picture looks like Hugh Grant. I just googled hugh grant mug shot. It is Hugh Grant. That's funny.

And you're in the big house; not that Big House. So you have two houses.

My take; maybe LA is the wrong place for an affluent, competant, hard working, amusing aspie who resembles Hugh Grant in a bad mood to attract attractive women.

Have you considered Boston? Would 5 months of foul weather be too off putting? Harvard & MIT; lots of nerdy professorial women, some attractive.

Silicon Valley is better...