I dont think I have feelings at all...

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Kaelynn
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 Oct 2011, 11:03 pm

So today I dumped my boyfriend who I dated for over a year. We loved each other alot but he did some things and any way Im no really that sad about it. He is very upset and sad about the fact we broke up but Im not. The only thing Im worryed about is how I wont have any one to talk to when Im bored. Other then that Im not sad or upset or crying at all. When my dad moved to NY my brother and sister cried and miss him but I dont. I never cried or anything. I really didnt care. And I dont really care that much about how I broke up with my boyfried today. Im starting to think I dont have feelings. Is that even possable to not have feelings of any kind towards bad things that happen?

Hyram_Inesh
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

07 Oct 2011, 11:10 pm

you are quite lucky if you ask me. emotional and physical feelings do nothing but make stuff more difficult. I wish I could not care about anything. And honestly for the most part I am pretty good. There are many things I seemingly don't care about, but not ehhhverything. You should be happy.... But then again how could you be happy if have no feelings?

ComplexRobot
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

08 Oct 2011, 12:32 am

Hyram_Inesh put it perfectly.

I don't think those two instances necessarily mean you don't have feelings.
For example, you said you liked talking to him when you are bored. So, you have feelings of boredom and being able to be entertained.
That's still a form of emotion, even if it's not a strong one.

Mildrith
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

09 Oct 2011, 8:09 pm

ComplexRobot wrote:

I don't think those two instances necessarily mean you don't have feelings.
For example, you said you liked talking to him when you are bored. So, you have feelings of boredom and being able to be entertained.
That's still a form of emotion, even if it's not a strong one.

Agree.

You do have feelings, but it's possible that you don't fully understand them, or that there is some kind of shell around you that you built to protect yourself from suffering, and that's why you don't seem to feel negative feelings.

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2011, 12:55 am

I say you are awesome wish I could be more like that 8)

EGGREGUYOUS
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

12 Oct 2011, 4:20 am

I don't know how to feel emotion so... Yeah :lol:

EGGREGUYOUS
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

12 Oct 2011, 4:20 am

I don't know how to feel emotion so... Yeah :lol:

Henbane
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2011, 5:54 am

Kaelynn wrote:
So today I dumped my boyfriend who I dated for over a year. We loved each other alot but he did some things and any way Im no really that sad about it. He is very upset and sad about the fact we broke up but Im not. The only thing Im worryed about is how I wont have any one to talk to when Im bored. Other then that Im not sad or upset or crying at all. When my dad moved to NY my brother and sister cried and miss him but I dont. I never cried or anything. I really didnt care. And I dont really care that much about how I broke up with my boyfried today. Im starting to think I dont have feelings. Is that even possable to not have feelings of any kind towards bad things that happen?

I'm interested in your statement that you loved him a lot. Was your love a feeling or something else?

I think that it can be hard to know what we feel about situations at the time, or even for some time afterwards. Emotions are very complex, and can be buried deep inside us.

You may or may not feel sadness over the break up in the future. My guess is though that he may not have been right for you, so your feelings for him could have been quite limited anyway.