having a relationship with someone who has ADHD

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

banana45
Butterfly
Butterfly

28 Oct 2011, 4:20 pm

ok so i wanted to know a bit more about conflicting disorders in relationships, specifically ADHD. I'd you to talk about about your experiences if you've been in a relationship with someone who has ADHD. Or just what you know about the conflicting (and i suppose strengthening) aspects of aspergers and ADHD in a relationship scenario. If you would like to perhaps comment on my current experience that would also be appreciated.

so heres my story...

..once upon a time.. KIDDING 8O
ok so im now seeing a woman with ADHD and im begining to feel mentally tired (as i do in all my relationships, usually i just give up because i really don't care. or least i dont feel enough to try, but i really like her to the point where i'm getting wound up about it and so yeah i would like to not be mentally tired and be able to continue seeing her, this bracket is too long, sorry.) I am getting frustrated with myself because sometimes i'm just not trying hard enough and that she will lose interest, I know one aspect of ADHD is distractability and the other night she would be talking to our friends and i began to feel she was ignoring me, i then got frustrated and paranoid and probably this makes her frustrated to because i began to do the same thing to her (because im a bastard :wink: ) when i realised that this was probably a subconcious act and that she probably wasnt trying to ignore me i decided to get some more info on the topic to avoid this sort of thing. is that enough to go on? theres more but they sort of revolve around the same sort of theme. i don't know. The fact that i'm actually still trying is probably a good sign, but i still fear she will get bored as i am still not completely competent on the subject of reading the intimacy of her actions and how to act on that ( i know im 19 but im getting better ) and thats probably annoying when you have ADHD.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2011, 4:21 pm

is your girlfriend called anna_banana?

banana45
Butterfly
Butterfly

28 Oct 2011, 4:26 pm

haha no

Lady-ivy
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

28 Oct 2011, 4:32 pm

Friend of mine told, who works with autism said that ADHD maybe part of the autism spectrum.

anna-banana
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2011, 6:25 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
is your girlfriend called anna_banana?

:o close enough though ;)

Obres
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2011, 7:03 pm

anna-banana wrote: