Do you want 2 cure your Autism so........

Page 2 of 4 [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Eric_C
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

03 Oct 2006, 2:24 pm

Dude, If your girl really thinks that, she ain't for you. Real Girls want nice smart guys, which is us. And If she really likes you, she don't think that your ret*d.

Uh, that word is so, HARSH!
It doesn't fit with Aspie, it's like a total oppisite.

_Eric ;)

Yupa
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2006, 3:52 pm

If she thinks you're a ret*d, then she's not the girl for you.
If she just thinks you're weird (in a good way), then you have nothing to worry about: Go for it.

One-Winged-Angel
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2006, 5:58 pm

If anyone thinks you're ret*d because of AS, it means they're a judgemental idiot, and you should stop talking to them. They aren't worth your time.

DieselBoy
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

12 Oct 2006, 5:18 am

Everyone in my town thinks I'm a ret*d or a weirdo its the one's who don't say it to my face that relly piss me off the patranising one's that talk to me like I'm 5 F***ing years old or talk about me when I'm in the room, god some time's I wish I was more the violent angrey type you know what I mean. Anyway say to this girl so I'm a weirdo and maby abit of a ret*d.. and what! is that a bad thing, maby she's not awere that thanks to god's twisted designe that ret*ds are amazing in the sack. I don't know she sound's like one of thoughs shallow fake girls with very little depth who wan't a guy in a big fast car with a big wod a ca$h I say forget her get your self a sexy goth chick or a piece of black getto bootie someone who'll apresiate an interesting flavor like your self.

LePetitPrince
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2006, 11:16 am

Eric_C wrote:
Do You Know What You And Everyone's Really Got?????????! !! !

It's the brain of Albert Einstein!! !! !!

I'm not joking, I'm serious!

Albert Einstein had Aspergers when he was five.

You should be proud of what God gave you. :D

not all members here are aspies.
At least aspies can compensate their problems with a very high intelligence and savant skills .

but what abt who have HFA or LFA??

JimmyNeurtonRules ....you are lucky having asperger ...but it doesn't make you coward if you want to be cured .....cause any type of autism can be a curse sometimes and no one can denies this .

Scintillate
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2006, 11:30 pm

its true, but I don't think some magical cure exists, I think its for each one of us to find what drives us, and push ourselves into that beyond what we can imagine.

Xuincherguixe
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2006, 8:53 am

I think you should be proud of who you are, whoever you are. (Well, maybe not if you're a serial killer, but that's another issue)

Don't look for a way to 'fix' yourself because you get some label slapped on you. Work on finding ways of overcoming your weaknesses. Accepting that you do have a flaw means you're stronger than a lot of people. Many of them put up an act and think that this is sufficent. They probably aren't even aware conciously of what they're doing.

Most people just do a lot of things because they're obeying their subconcious. They'll probably deny THAT too.

But yeah. Don't seek to 'cure' yourself. Seek to IMPROVE yourself. It's a much healthier attitude.

sweetpraline
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

14 Oct 2006, 9:12 am

Maka-Ra wrote:
Unknown wrote:
JimmyNeurtonRules wrote:
the girl you like won't think your a ret*d :?:
I do :oops:

If She Don't like u just because u have Aspergers,YOU R 2 GOOD 4 HER. 8)

That's a good thing to say to yourself, but in another twenty years, it'll sound hollow at one in the morning, echoing off of the walls of your cold and empty home.

I agree, when people say stuff like that, it doesn't make me feel any better. It's just pep talk but it doesn't help in any way. They alway say when someone rejects you that its the other persons loss. But I don't feel that way. When someone rejects me, I feel like it's my loss. It makes me feel like I was not good enough for them.

Scintillate
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2006, 11:11 am

So instead of seeing it as yours, or her loss...

How bout as a change of scene you have to overcome?

LePetitPrince
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2006, 4:41 pm

Eric_C wrote:
Real Girls want nice smart guys, which is us.

Are you sure of that?

Veresae
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2006, 11:28 pm

Eric_C wrote:
Do You Know What You And Everyone's Really Got?????????! !! !

It's the brain of Albert Einstein!! !! !!

I'm not joking, I'm serious!

Albert Einstein had Aspergers when he was five.

You should be proud of what God gave you. :D

Actually, I heard that this was a myth, and that Einstein had High Functioning Autism, not AS. Sir Isaac Newton and Mozart supposedly had AS, though. Regardless, AS is a disagnosis--just because some great people had it doesn't automatically make everyone with AS brilliant beyond belief. That's kind of prejudice, because even if it's not saying BAD things, it's still pre-judging based.

Anyway...I dunno if I'd cure my AS. I'd sure as hell take a cure for sensory defensiveness though.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2006, 11:36 pm

Lol....be yourself...love yourself...if she doesn't like you for who you are she isn't right for you... does anyone smell koolaid here? It reaks.

Yeah, I'd be totally down for curing myself - not of who I am but just the things that create completely unneccessary tension which causes me and someone who probably would have all kinds of respect for me to not even talk to eachother because she's worried because I vibe differently or don't have the same behavioral patterns or communication patterns as the next person (I'm getting myself to care less and less about women but still - when other guys talk about it I *get it*, and its not an "I can't get laid" complaint its an unneasiness do to general nonrespect, natural aversion, things that you can feel regardless - it happens because half the relationship game is a eugenics game and women get skiddish around guys they wouldn't want even if the guy's showing no sign that he wants them). It would be beautiful if people could be accepted for who they are but this isn't that kind of world. Its eugenic, if the girl you like won't like you back nor the girl next to her, further down the line, further, etc. etc. etc., and after meeting thousands of people there's still no luck its probably way more self-destructive to call it their problem than address that you need to do what you can to fix yourself (so yeah, the innitial poster totally has it right IMO).

Xuincherguixe
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2006, 11:45 pm

Not all of us are nice or smart.

But I think that most of us probably are not too far from it.

The bitter, angry and vicious amongst us are that way because of how they view the world. It's not even that hard to be a nice person and a misanthrope.

At the very least, those of us who are but don't seem like it can learn how to phrase things better. If you genuinely are nice, people probably will notice. Not everyone mind you, and a lot of them may not give you the descency to do so, but some will.

Look at it this way. If it would not terribly inconvience you, would you help someone else? How about if it would? Do you want to make other people feel better? I'm not entirely sure that true Altruism actually exists or not, but then, one doesn't need to go that far. (If you can, you are worthy of high praise)

If you have gotten that far, think about how you would go about putting this into practice. How to express yourself in such a way as to have less of a likelyhood of offending someone. How to state that you did not mean to, in such a way as to not further aggravate.

You will meet people that are not going to be reasonable. Try not to let them get you too down.

Now how far it'll get you is questionable. But, people probably will like you more.

markaudette
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2006, 8:37 am

I would give just about anything to not be so backwards and incapable of holding a thoughtful, flowing conversation that stays to the point.

ButI can't do that. And I certainly can't talk to women in any romantic fashion. I just don't get people. And I have the absolute WORST time reading people's body language. So much that I have stopped trying. I have no damn clue when women are trying to hit on me. And I know that hasn't happened in a long while because I'm not the hitting-on type. I'm not very attractive.

Like X-Men 3. If there was a cure for being a mutant, would you take it? If there was a cure for being socially bass-acwards, would I take it? Hell yes.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2006, 9:56 am

markaudette wrote:
Like X-Men 3. If there was a cure for being a mutant, would you take it? If there was a cure for being socially bass-acwards, would I take it? Hell yes.

Yeah, also like in X-Men 3 the difference between being Storm and being Rogue, lifestylewise, is pretty damn qualitative.

Quoth
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

17 Oct 2006, 12:39 pm

Nope, not me. Not on your life.
I shudder to think of my world without AS. The only major disadvantages I figure are the social problems, but then again I thrive on weirdness. It was a decision back in highschool. I realised that I could try to play "Mr Normal" but that'd just be a filthy lie. I couldn't be honest to my friends or myself. True, it takes but a few seconds for people to realise that I'm... different, and occationally people don't like that (particularly alpha personalities). Since I'm perfectly confortable with myself and I try to be the best person I can be, people usually realise that I'm a nice guy and that's more than enough for some women. I also love making other's laugh, another nice trait it seems. In short, AS actually seems to attract women in my case... wich is unfortunate, because I'm simply not interested and it makes me seem like one hell of a tease...

But as for the original post-er...

Mate, let us consider the ramifications of your 'cure' or (as I prefer to think of it) 'NT infliction'. I find most of the 'disavantages' of AS only cropps up when it comes to other people. Who's to say that it wouldn't be better a partner with AS? Hmm... there's research looking into how to 'cure' AS, I wonder if there is any being done to cause it. Can you imagine... a world full of aspies?

Back to the point... I can't really give you advice here. Saying she is wrong is just like saying you are wrong because you care. Try to remember that you might be making as much sense to her, as NTs to aspies. She can't help it, so try not to hate her if things go awry. I will, however, say "good luck" and I hope you get what you desire; whether that's social accumen, a cure or her heart.

Respectfully, Quoth.

Post Scriptum~ I wonder if I even remotly made sensible post.