Page 4 of 7 [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2011, 3:39 pm

Grisha wrote:
smudge wrote:
Grisha wrote:
smudge wrote:
Sorry to say this Grisha...but posting all these threads wanting reassurance...do you really want to appear that way to someone you want to impress?

I certainly understand what you're saying, but I am who I am - if I need to conceal my thoughts/feelings in order to impress someone, then they simply aren't who I'm looking for...

I'll bet if she started posting threads like this - you'd run.

You'd definitely lose that bet: I'd read, not run...

Remember: guys aren't allowed to be insecure. We all have to be rock solid emotionally, have no insecurities and be uber-confident in who we are or else we're completely unattractive.

of course there's a bit of grim sarcasm mixed with some seriocity in this reply, but you get the drift

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2011, 5:13 pm

886 wrote:
Remember: guys aren't allowed to be insecure. We all have to be rock solid emotionally, have no insecurities and be uber-confident in who we are or else we're completely unattractive.

of course there's a bit of grim sarcasm mixed with some seriocity in this reply, but you get the drift

Meh. Men don't like drama queens like me, and men back off if you're needy in any way. At least that's my experience. I'd never be able to get away with saying the things Grisha does.

Zinnel
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

03 Dec 2011, 7:47 pm

smudge wrote:
886 wrote:

Meh. Men don't like drama queens like me, and men back off if you're needy in any way. At least that's my experience. I'd never be able to get away with saying the things Grisha does.

yeah theres a small group of men that would run if a girl were to say anything remotely close to what grisha is saying

but majority of guys actualy dont mind it as long as the girl knows when to give a guy space
and one of my co-workers find his girlfriend's needy behavior cute

so its realy not that big of a deal, unless of course ur aiming for that small group of guys

anyways i dont realy think what grisha is talking about is about neediness, but more about anxiety one gets when ur on the phone with someone and u run out of things to say but that conversation never realy came to a close

Esther
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2011, 1:03 am

I think Boo got it wrong.

Isn't it 250K? 8)

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2011, 3:26 am

Sorry that this is now about me, but I just don't know what to believe. People don't hang around forever, especially when I show more of who I am - it's a truth that makes me so uncomfortable.

Despite me being fine with the way I look, I just think lately that my personality must be so "hideous". I can't let myself feel down - if I do, then I'll grind to a halt.

Grisha
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2011, 7:51 am

Esther wrote:

Isn't it 250K? 8)

Not yet... :wink:

But seriously, I never intended to brag about my business success, I was just trying to show others that you can be successful even with AS and perhaps inspire them to get out in the world and give it a shot.

Obviously I overshot the mark and I'm not going to be discussing it any more.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2011, 8:31 am

smudge wrote:
Men don't like drama queens like me, and men back off if you're needy in any way.

I think that's poppycock. It all depends on the kind of neediness and the circumstances and characters of each person. Basically it's a very grey area with a lot of variables. Some men have the "rescuer" complex that is hard for them to shake off for instance.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2011, 9:07 am

smudge wrote:
886 wrote:

No, men like damsels in distress.

But what most men dislike most is.....

Forget it, I don't want to flame it, you won't change anyways.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2011, 9:16 am

Grisha wrote:
Esther wrote:

Isn't it 250K? 8)

But seriously, I never intended to brag about my business success, I was just trying to show others that you can be successful even with AS and perhaps inspire them to get out in the world and give it a shot.

It's ok to boast about your wealth, it's the fruit of your success after all, no?

Come on girls, eat him.

Grisha
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2011, 9:20 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Grisha wrote:
Esther wrote:

Isn't it 250K? 8)

It's ok to boast about your wealth, it's the fruit of your success after all, no?

Come on girls, eat him.

1. No it's not.

2. I am being eaten, but for an entirely different reason. :(

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2011, 9:24 am

Grisha wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Grisha wrote:
Esther wrote:

Isn't it 250K? 8)

Come on girls, eat him.

1. No it's not.

2. I am being eaten, but for an entirely different reason. :(

Aww, wealthy and humble, he's perfect. I would marry you.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2011, 9:26 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

Nagging.

Grisha
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2011, 10:53 am

smudge wrote:
Sorry to say this Grisha...but posting all these threads wanting reassurance...do you really want to appear that way to someone you want to impress?

In a dramatic 180-degree reversal, I am wholeheartedly embracing your postion.

Self-loathing = :ncool:

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2011, 10:55 am

Grisha wrote:
smudge wrote:

I'm amazed it took so long for you to work that out.

I don't understand how you can do something that silly and have managed to earn yourself a few quid in life.

Fullofstars
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2011, 11:07 am

Tequila wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

Nagging.

I'm pretty sure he was hinting at 'gold digging.' It seems to be his special interest.
Since this thread deteriorated into yet another whiny, jealousy-laced, sexist extravaganza (for anyone who can read between the lines, anyway), I thought it would be fun to let you all know the awful truth about Greg: He's not rich.
At any given time I'm likely to have more money in my bank account than he does. He makes a very good living, sure, but he lives in an area with a high cost of living. He also supports his ex wife and children, and spends like a sailor on shore leave. He shops at Old Navy and eats at Denny's. Glamorous, eh? So if I want a diamond necklace, I'd better go stuck some coal in the ground, and wait.
There's a colossal divide between 'successful' and 'wealthy.'

Fullofstars
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2011, 11:09 am

Grisha wrote:
smudge wrote:

FoS approves.