Page 1 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Ichinin
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2012, 4:01 pm

Anyone tried it?

If so, what is your opinion about it? What type of people show up? How many were there? Was it enough time to get to know someone or not enough time?

OneStepBeyond
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2012, 4:07 pm

sounds horrific

Uprising
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2012, 4:08 pm

Probably IS horrific, or at least for people that aren't douchebags.

Ichinin
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2012, 4:16 pm

Thank you for your OPINIONS. Now, can someone who actually been on one please give some insights?

OneStepBeyond
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2012, 4:21 pm

sheesh, sorry i spoke. next time your thread can go die(:

psychegots
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

11 Jan 2012, 4:23 pm

(lol I love you guys)

I suspect your on the wrong forum for that one my friend....

Uprising
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2012, 6:44 pm

Getting your crotch shaved and applying fake tan might increase your luck in speed dating lol.

Titangeek
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2012, 10:50 pm

I can't imagine Aspie's would do well with speed dating. For me at least, I don't make very good first impressions, and if I understand the concept properly, speed dating is based entirely on first impressions. Seams like a very NT type of activity.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

11 Jan 2012, 11:12 pm

Titangeek wrote:
I can't imagine Aspie's would do well with speed dating. For me at least, I don't make very good first impressions, and if I understand the concept properly, speed dating is based entirely on first impressions. Seams like a very NT type of activity.

Same here for me but some Aspies might do well with it if they have a very successful career & life. I hear the top question asked is What do you do for a living

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Titangeek
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2012, 11:14 pm

nick007 wrote:
Titangeek wrote:

Same here for me but some Aspies might do well with it if they have a very successful career & life. I hear the top question asked is What do you do for a living

Wouldn't that attract gold diggers?

Brianruns10
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2012, 11:50 pm

I'd sooner admit defeat then try something as sad as speed dating. I mean, the whole courtship process is humiliating and debasing enough, but paying for the privilege of enduring multiple humiliations in the space of an hour? You gotta be stupid or desperate. Skip it.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2012, 12:01 am

Titangeek wrote:
nick007 wrote:
Titangeek wrote:

Or slackers looking for a free meal ticket.

Titangeek
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2012, 12:04 am

Fnord wrote:
Titangeek wrote:
nick007 wrote:
Titangeek wrote:

Or slackers looking for a free meal ticket.

Difference?

Lady-ivy
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

12 Jan 2012, 12:08 am

I whould think you have to be social bug for these as you have limited time to talk about your self and connect with the other person.

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2012, 12:15 am

I've done this and I found it to be absolutely no fun. I hate on-the-spot social expectations; I am much more meticulous when it comes to actual dating so overall I found the experience unpleasant and distasteful

MXH
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2012, 12:39 am

Havent done it, but it sounds stupid. The only part of it that makes it remotely good is that everyone you meet is trying to have a relationship. Everything else about is utter junk