When you get a crush on someone, do you find that.....?

Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 

LittleSwallow
Raven
Raven

22 Jan 2012, 6:06 am

it nearly takes over your life, and you are just obsessed?

I had a crush on this guy in school who I never talked to, for three years, and he was all I ever thought of, and I would always get glimpses of him in school and look at his bebo page all the time to a point where he and his friends got annoyed because they would throw paper balls at me. When he left, I slowly got over him because of the fact I barely saw him, and when I saw him in town the otehr day, I felt absolutly nothing, no heart racing or glancing at him again, I just walked on as if I didnt know him.

So I finally thought that because I was over him, that i could finally concentrate on more important things like my friends (social skills are pretty bad) and my school work.

But then this guy in my year began chasing after me first so he did, and becasue of that I instantly stated to like him and become obsessed with him too, becasue he was cute and also I heard he is a bit weird but in a good way,, but i couldnt do anything about it, because lets just say there is a bit of a conflict between me and his friends, so he got annoyed with me and wouldnt talk to me, and must have decided to move on.

But now im obsessed with him too, and I keep failing my tests and homework becuase he is all i ever think about. :( :(

Has this ever happened to you, where you become obsessed with your crush?

18years old female, mild AS

ArtemisHolmes
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

22 Jan 2012, 6:15 am

Yes, but not entirely to the point where I couldn't do schoolwork/pass tests. But I have become obsessed before, and it has usually ended badly.

Of course, now I've met someone who's just as obsessed about me as I am with them. It's nice. :)

AnnettaMarie
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2012, 6:16 am

Ugh, all the time. I get very obsessed with the person that I have a crush on, and even if I get the chance to interact with them on a regular basis, I choke up and am way too shy. It's funny, because once I'm over them and can be friendly in a normal way, that's when they usually end up developing a crush on me.

I wish I could just be my normal self all the time instead of the awkward one that bumps into things and stutters on my words and is too embarrassed to eat anything in front of them! I hope I grow out of this soon.

Boxman108
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2012, 6:17 am

Eh, I guess so, but honestly I don't think I've had too many major crushes, if you could even call them crushes at all. I could probably count all the girls I've ever loved(or at least obsessed with) on one hand. Aside from the one I grew up with, it's usually taken me a long time to get close to someone, from maybe a couple months to years. Then again, I suppose it also has to do with whether I only know them online or in person - Most have been the former. Seems to take longer to warm up to them, but also easier to talk to, so I guess that's a good thing.

So at that point, yeah, I do tend to think about almost nothing else. Has almost never really turned out well, either, for one reason or another. More recently I've begun to try to just generally be friendly and more social and just see where things end up.

While someone else is eating or opening a window or
just walking dully along...

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2012, 6:44 am

It's normal. Not jut for people with AS, for everyone.

DanRaccoon
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2012, 7:53 am

I used to get like that with people when I was younger, but thankfully I never have those feelings anymore, I can get on with life now :D

http://www.youtube.com/user/DanRaccoon

Aimless
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2012, 8:12 am

Yes. I can honestly say I thought about someone continually every day for 5 years. Things changed when I found this site and realized perhaps it wasn't just bad luck that I was so unsuccessful in relationships.

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2012, 9:12 am

Oh Bebo pages, those were the days.

I used to be like this, but I just sort of grew out of it and learnt to control my emotions a bit more. Getting infatuated with a person that early on usually ends badly in my experience.

OneStepBeyond
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2012, 11:16 am

i hate crushes

Solvejg
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2012, 11:21 am

I have never had a crush. :?

my current boyfriend would be the closest thing i have had. I would see him on the bus or at the uni cafe when i was 16 to 18 and i dubbed him the hot guy. I would notice him and think he was attractive but never "crushed"

So I'm never in a rush

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

22 Jan 2012, 11:44 am

All the crushes I had were minor except for the crush I had on Miranda Cosgrove. I was petty obsessed with her for a while but it wasn't the extreme of the OP; I was still able to function like I did before. My feelings gradually turned into more than a crush; I love her, I really care about her even thou I know there is nothing I can do about it :( I quit being obsessed with her & crushing on her the moment I got a girlfriend but I never quit caring about Miranda. I do crush on her some now that me & my girlfriend are broken up but there is NO obsession like there was before & the crush is not as strong as it was; I do still care about her & love her thou & I think I always will like I know I always will care about & love my ex girlfriends. I obsess a lot more when I'm in a relationship than I do when I'm crushing

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

DC1977
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

22 Jan 2012, 4:40 pm

I've had that about a half dozen times in my life. It's almost painful when it happens as I ca't express what I feel in any coherent manner and kind of come off like a stalker.

I've not had one for a few years now though and I expect that after the last one, I gave up even looking , actively ignoring any attention or seeking companionship, so if there is no risk, there is no chance of hurting anymore.

tronist
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

22 Jan 2012, 7:30 pm

having a crush is ok, but obsession is not.

when you like someone you have to be very careful about how much you 'tell' them you like them. if you like someone a LOT, they'll pick up on it and start to feel weird, and awkward around you because they cant reciprocate yet. if you push them to reciprocate when they arent ready, you are effectively pushing them away with the biggest push ever.

so if you like someone a LOT, make sure you arent broadcasting it as much. i think you'll have a lot more success that way.

Matt62
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2012, 9:05 pm

I had several crushes in High School. But I fell in Love in College. Which is almost the same, only ten times more intense. I thought I'd never stand a chance with this girl, who was exceptionally attractive. Well built with girl next door face. You know, your favorite un-obtainabe fantasy type. Well, we became casual friends, but I despaired of hope for it & went off to another Campus, where I stayed in a dorm. It didn't help at ALL.
Came home that summer & began seeing/running with her.
Wasn't completely successful, but way beyond anything I had *SERIOUSLY* thought.

Matt

R83
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

22 Jan 2012, 9:22 pm

AnnettaMarie wrote:
Ugh, all the time. I get very obsessed with the person that I have a crush on, and even if I get the chance to interact with them on a regular basis, I choke up and am way too shy. It's funny, because once I'm over them and can be friendly in a normal way, that's when they usually end up developing a crush on me.

I wish I could just be my normal self all the time instead of the awkward one that bumps into things and stutters on my words and is too embarrassed to eat anything in front of them! I hope I grow out of this soon.

This.