How many of you are on OKcupid?

Page 34 of 38 [ 607 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38  Next

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2012, 3:50 pm

smudge wrote:
AspieOtaku wrote:
BlueMax wrote:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lV5lnYlR58[/youtube]
That..is so true hahaha! !That is why I let the women approach me. 8O :lol:

Noticed that guy ignored the fat woman though?

He's not fat, so normally he wouldn't be attracted to a fat.

Fat guys usually have no problem to go for fat girls (less fatter in particular).

HOWEVER, something I noticed about the fat girls in real life: They don't usually want fat guys, some can be the pickiest!! ! They usually want a prince charming who has it all, drop gorgeous looks and money.

Seriously, it's a pattern I've noticed, what's wrong with them?

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2012, 3:54 pm

I really don't see a correlation between fat people and being bitter and angry. What I do find however, is that being fat is often unfairly associated with being arrogant, lazy and greedy.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2012, 3:58 pm

smudge wrote:
I really don't see a correlation between fat people and being bitter and angry. What I do find however, is that being fat is often unfairly associated with being arrogant, lazy and greedy.

No, I don't think so, a fat person is often associated with being funny and baby-hearted, maybe laziness too but never greediness and arrogance.

JanuaryMan
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2012, 4:01 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
smudge wrote:

No, I don't think so, a fat person is often associated with being funny and baby-hearted, maybe laziness too but never greediness and arrogance.

I think they do get type rolled as the comic relief guy or girl in movies.

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2012, 4:04 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
smudge wrote:
AspieOtaku wrote:
BlueMax wrote:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lV5lnYlR58[/youtube]
That..is so true hahaha! !That is why I let the women approach me. 8O :lol:

Noticed that guy ignored the fat woman though?

He's not fat, so normally he wouldn't be attracted to a fat.

Fat guys usually have no problem to go for fat girls (less fatter in particular).

HOWEVER, something I noticed about the fat girls in real life: They don't usually want fat guys, some can be the pickiest!! ! They usually want a prince charming who has it all, drop gorgeous looks and money.

Seriously, it's a pattern I've noticed, what's wrong with them?

I've noticed a few fat guys are very fussy about having a slim girl. *shrugs* As bad as it sounds, everyone has a limit. I think a little fat is cute.

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2012, 4:08 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
smudge wrote:

Fussiness and greediness, yes, definitely. That's why if I'm eating cake, I get a couple of proper evil glares from women. That's the good thing about men, if you do something wrong they don't scold you like a woman. In fact, they rarely scold.

BlueMax
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2012, 4:10 pm

As far as the video goes, she wasn't only fat - she was repulsively ugly (hard to do with stick figures.) ;) Other than that, it's a one-trick pony.

I was just going for a few yuks, not a lively debate... it's actually been quite interesting. :D

yellowtamarin
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2012, 6:46 pm

BlueMax wrote:
As far as the video goes, she wasn't only fat - she was repulsively ugly (hard to do with stick figures.) ;) Other than that, it's a one-trick pony.

I was just going for a few yuks, not a lively debate... it's actually been quite interesting. :D

She was also huge, as in tall. Maybe after his first two terrible results, he was too scared to risk anything with a giant :D

MichaelBerkeley
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

19 Jul 2012, 4:52 am

Salome wrote:
And how is it working for you?

• I'm on there (just one of me - you did ask how many).
  • Working for me? Oh, pretty abysmal ...
  • but, that being said, works for me about ten times better than any other matchmaking/"dating" site I've every used or tried, so, ... in otherwords, best such site I've found thus far ... and by a long shot.

DogsWithoutHorses
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2012, 5:25 am

yellowtamarin wrote:
BlueMax wrote:

She was also huge, as in tall. Maybe after his first two terrible results, he was too scared to risk anything with a giant :D

I honestly don't understand why men seem to be so put off by height. Models are tall!
It's like every inch you grow as a woman your dating pool shrinks. Sorry for the ot, the word "giant" just strikes a nerve with me because it can be a struggle to be seen as feminine if you're tall and strong.

The judgement on being (having) fat changes depending on gender and culture. People are people, body size isn't a huge factor of personality in my experience.

That video...if it's satire of the kind of hyperbole some guys use when describing dating,I think it's quite good.
If it's not I think it itself is a piece of silly hyperbole, I make way more than my S.O.,and Belle knew the beast was rich while she still hated him and only changed her mind when he started acting right.

If your success is defined as being well adjusted to injustice and well adapted to indifference, then we don?t want successful leaders. We want great leaders- who are unbought, unbound, unafraid, and unintimidated to tell the truth.

JanuaryMan
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2012, 5:28 am

It's not just the men that prefer a woman be shorter than them, ask a lot of women they'd rather their men be taller.
Every inch we don't have, our dating pool shrinks, too. Take that as you will! :lol:

DogsWithoutHorses
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2012, 5:50 am

JanuaryMan wrote:
It's not just the men that prefer a woman be shorter than them, ask a lot of women they'd rather their men be taller.
Every inch we don't have, our dating pool shrinks, too. Take that as you will! :lol:

Totally agree!
I was just talking about my experience, which is of a tall woman, not a short man.
It bugs me more I think because being my height is what's portrayed as beautiful in ads and fashion spreads and in real life I'm "nice to look at" but I'm too intimidating to date. I'm hot, but I'm not a girlfriend.

If your success is defined as being well adjusted to injustice and well adapted to indifference, then we don?t want successful leaders. We want great leaders- who are unbought, unbound, unafraid, and unintimidated to tell the truth.

BlueMax
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2012, 12:57 pm

DogsWithoutHorses wrote:
I honestly don't understand why men seem to be so put off by height. Models are tall!
It's like every inch you grow as a woman your dating pool shrinks.

At 6'4" it seems most OKcupid messages are from gals almost as tall as me. ;) I kinda' like the idea of being able to hug & smooch someone without the need of a stepladder.

One gal, however, was an inch taller than me... and three times wider. Like the biggun' in the silly cartoon, she was shaped like Ronald McDonald's pal, Grimace. I enjoyed her company and the potential was there - I tried very hard to make it work (after all, I'm not exactly skinny or mister muscles.) In the end, I just couldn't get turned on by so much fat... Zero chemistry... the few kisses shared felt like kissing plastic.

MXH
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2012, 1:06 pm

JanuaryMan wrote:

and we also have somewhere else where inches count.

giggidy

jdanaya
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

20 Jul 2012, 1:23 am

I am, and its my first dating site I suck at it, I can not small talk on it, or anything and no one really seems intrested.

metaldanielle
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2012, 2:46 am

I am, but since I live in redneck country all I find are hicks. :roll: