How many of you are on OKcupid?

Page 35 of 38 [ 607 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38  Next

Desukani
Raven
Raven

22 Jul 2012, 3:12 pm

Okc is amazing. I actually met like 3 out of my last three boyfriends there. Plus a variety of other guys and girls I have gone out with.
Online dating does take a bit of work, although I do think its the better and cheaper alternative to actually going out all these different places to meet people with similar interests.
Check out the forums there, at the very least you can laugh at some people.

BlueMax
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2012, 4:02 pm

This is hilarious... one gal who's been talking to me lately turned out to be a friend-of-a-friend! My friend was over for dinner and movies and I showed her the profile of this mysterious woman chatting with me and she squealed, "That's my friend xxxx!" If timing had worked out better we all could have gone to dinner together! :D

Still not sure if I find her attractive, but it's definitely nice to have an advocate who can vouch for the good nature of each of us. ;)

... small world.... small world....

yellowtamarin
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2012, 8:38 pm

Desukani wrote:
Okc is amazing. I actually met like 3 out of my last three boyfriends there. Plus a variety of other guys and girls I have gone out with.
Online dating does take a bit of work, although I do think its the better and cheaper alternative to actually going out all these different places to meet people with similar interests.
Check out the forums there, at the very least you can laugh at some people.

The forums are mentioned again...where are these forums?? I can't see them, didn't know they existed.

noname_ever
Veteran
Veteran

yellowtamarin
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2012, 9:04 pm

noname_ever wrote:
http://www.okcupid.com/forum

Thanks! Can you tell me how to get to it from the site, i.e. where to click?

noname_ever
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2012, 9:18 pm

Just enter it in your web browser. I was already logged in and it took me to the list of forums. It keeps you logged in while browsing the forums as well.

yellowtamarin
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2012, 9:22 pm

noname_ever wrote:
Just enter it in your web browser. I was already logged in and it took me to the list of forums. It keeps you logged in while browsing the forums as well.

Sure, but I was wondering if it actually findable through the site. I never knew it existed and I still can't actually find it. How did you know it existed? The latest format of the site is pretty terrible, I think, for finding things.

JanuaryMan
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2012, 9:26 pm

You can't find it through the site. They keep it open to attract more visitors but in reality they are embarrassed by its existence.

noname_ever
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2012, 9:27 pm

Google.

I knew the forums existed at some point, but I thought they were closed. I'm surprised they haven't been.

BlueMax
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2012, 9:27 pm

^^^ Same here! Although it was easily found with the google search OKcupid forums.

Reading a super-long thread about an angry lass who had drunken sex then got mad about it afterward. ;)

yellowtamarin
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2012, 10:08 pm

Does OkC have any other secret goodies in its back rooms?? Like maybe a "here's our dataset to play with!" page or something? :lol:

Desukani
Raven
Raven

22 Jul 2012, 10:11 pm

yeah my bf tells me that you can clickly the down arrow on the top menu and it should be there but it never was for me. I thought that maybe when I became a moderator it got replaced with the moderation button for me but seeing as yall are talking about not being able to find it idk.

i just bookmarked the forums so its just one easy click for me.

noname_ever
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2012, 10:22 pm

yellowtamarin wrote:
Does OkC have any other secret goodies in its back rooms?? Like maybe a "here's our dataset to play with!" page or something? :lol:

http://blog.okcupid.com/

They do an analysis of their site from time to time. Although I don't think they understand the stats themselves some of the time.

yellowtamarin
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2012, 10:46 pm

noname_ever wrote:
yellowtamarin wrote:

They do an analysis of their site from time to time. Although I don't think they understand the stats themselves some of the time.

I love OkTrends, it's hilarious. They do actually have a (tiny) link to that on the bottom of the homepage. I want to get my hands on the stats myself and make up my own stupid but highly entertaining graphs.

One I found interesting was I think they said guys lie about their height more than girls or something. They showed that the average male on OkC was a few centimetres taller than the actual average male. I disagree that they are lying - I think very tall guys are more likely to be the nerdy types, who are more likely to be on the site. I mean, a lot of the tall guys actual put "my height" as the first thing people notice about them.

BlueMax
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2012, 11:32 pm

Those forums were SCARY!! You think WP has a bunch of immature jerks? That place was loaded with trolls!

I'm lucky I escaped with my skin! :D

noname_ever
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2012, 11:39 pm

yellowtamarin wrote:
noname_ever wrote:
yellowtamarin wrote:

I love OkTrends, it's hilarious. They do actually have a (tiny) link to that on the bottom of the homepage. I want to get my hands on the stats myself and make up my own stupid but highly entertaining graphs.

One I found interesting was I think they said guys lie about their height more than girls or something. They showed that the average male on OkC was a few centimetres taller than the actual average male. I disagree that they are lying - I think very tall guys are more likely to be the nerdy types, who are more likely to be on the site. I mean, a lot of the tall guys actual put "my height" as the first thing people notice about them.

They had an interesting blog on differences of attractiveness between males and females. It seemed that males would actually use 1-5 and all values would mean something different. However, females were rating those that would have been expected to be a 3 even lower. Some of the comments sounded as if a rating of 1-3 had the same level of attractiveness anyways and that's why the males were rated lower (it didn't matter if you were a 1 or a 3, she wasn't interested.)