Page 1 of 10 [ 156 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next

Raven
Raven

17 Feb 2012, 1:31 pm

All the girls in my class keep saying how much they love and how incredibly hot Justin Bieber and One Direction are, and because the can't 'get' them, they are all interested in the boys (2 or 3) who look like them.
No girl ever shows any interest in me, even though I keep getting A and B+ grades, I know more about more than everyone else in my class, and I certainly don't see my self as ugly.

Do you have any tips that can help a guy like me hook up with a hot girl?

PastFixations
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2012, 1:54 pm

Perhaps you need to improve on your social side and be a bit outgoing. This way you can learn a lot about how to communicate effectively.

www.wrongplanet.net/postp5013377.html&h ... t=#5013377

Sora: "My friends are my power."

Ventus: "I'm asking you as a friend. Just... put an end to me."

ManicMinx
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

17 Feb 2012, 3:27 pm

One thing that took me a long time to learn is that you can be very good looking and have many good qualities, but if you don't have confidence you don't attract the opposite sex as easily as other people. Believe it or not, people can pick up vibes that you're giving off both consciously and subconsciously.

Tom5
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

17 Feb 2012, 3:48 pm

ManicMinx wrote:
One thing that took me a long time to learn is that you can be very good looking and have many good qualities, but if you don't have confidence you don't attract the opposite sex as easily as other people.

That's a myth. I never really believed that.

Buff, handsome and rich men have something to back up their confidence, while men who do not have these attractive qualities do not. Off course you can always fake confidence but this doesn't work out in the end because women can smell fake confidence from a mile away.

ManicMinx
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

17 Feb 2012, 3:53 pm

Tom5 wrote:
ManicMinx wrote:
One thing that took me a long time to learn is that you can be very good looking and have many good qualities, but if you don't have confidence you don't attract the opposite sex as easily as other people.

Buff, handsome and rich men have something to back up their confidence, while men who do not have these attractive qualities do not. Off course you can always fake confidence but this doesn't work out in the end because women can smell fake confidence from a mile away.

It doesn't work for everyone, especially if you don't believe that it'll work. You get what you put out there.

Dilbert
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2012, 4:02 pm

Tom5 wrote:
ManicMinx wrote:

It's not a myth. Low confidence is a social killer. Love yourself and have confidence in yourself and everything else, socially speaking, will just kind of fall into place.

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2012, 4:20 pm

1814 wrote:
All the girls in my class keep saying how much they love and how incredibly hot Justin Bieber and One Direction are, and because the can't 'get' them, they are all interested in the boys (2 or 3) who look like them.
No girl ever shows any interest in me, even though I keep getting A and B+ grades, I know more about more than everyone else in my class, and I certainly don't see my self as ugly.

Do you have any tips that can help a guy like me hook up with a hot girl?

first off, don't just aim to get "a hot girl" because then you are treating girls exactly like they are treating you... as in, they are judging you based on your looks and not based on other qualities. it's very objectifying and you can see yourself how much it hurts. instead, maybe look around for girls who share some of your interests, to start with, instead of a generic "hot girl".

MR20
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2012, 4:46 pm

Dilbert wrote:
Tom5 wrote:
ManicMinx wrote:

It's not a myth. Low confidence is a social killer. Love yourself and have confidence in yourself and everything else, socially speaking, will just kind of fall into place.

Again with this "confidence" BS. It's just a way how selfish and arrogant people justify treating people the way they do. BTW, f*****g changing yourself to be "social" (I hate that f*****g word) You shouldn't have to change yourself just so people will hang out/talk to you.

It's one of the main reasons I like being alone.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2012, 4:47 pm

hyperlexian wrote:
first off, don't just aim to get "a hot girl" because then you are treating girls exactly like they are treating you... as in, they are judging you based on your looks and not based on other qualities. it's very objectifying and you can see yourself how much it hurts. instead, maybe look around for girls who share some of your interests, to start with, instead of a generic "hot girl".

By that same token, though, you don't want to be stuck with someone that does absolutely nothing for you sexually.

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2012, 4:49 pm

Start looking like Justin Bieber. Image

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I

Dilbert
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2012, 4:50 pm

To mr20: Why are you here then? Why are you reaching out to others on this forum?

See?

You need other people. We all need other people. You've had teachers, you might even have someone you are working for. They all gave you a chance you otherwise wouldn't have had. You'd literally be dead now if you didn't have other people to fall back on. Who makes your food? You keeps the lights on?

You need to behave a certain way if you want to hang out with other people.

Therefore if they reject you then you are doing something wrong and you should change.

See?

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2012, 4:51 pm

i didn't say to do that Tequila, but getting caught up in wanting a "hot girl" vs crushing on a specific girl means objectifying girls to the point they are no longer individual people. good looking girls can be worth knowing too, but for better reasons than their looks

CrazyStarlightRedux
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2012, 4:53 pm

It's pretty popular to hate on Justin these days so I can see why you are so angry.

Otherwise, why do you care if they do? They have bad taste in music then. :lol:

Skateri
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

17 Feb 2012, 4:55 pm

Tequila wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:

By that same token, though, you don't want to be stuck with someone that does absolutely nothing for you sexually.

Sure, it has to match... It's the inside that counts but the outside that turns you on... But as the others have pointed out in this thread you gotta show some confidence... If you get to talk to a nice girl and she likes you but sees your low self-esteem you are friend zoned like that *snaps fingers* and that is a zone that's hard to get out of... And yes, girls get friend zoned too... I know I do... But that's not the point... The point is, get better at the social game and find a girl who's not necessarily the hottest girl in school but who you find attractive, find out if you click and just ask her out... It sounds simple but it can be really hard... Just don't wait for them to contact you...

"If you can dream it, you can do it!" - Walt Disney

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2012, 4:58 pm

Skateri wrote:
But as the others have pointed out in this thread you gotta show some confidence...

Get in there and do the stuff is my motto. You can piss and whinge about the feelings of rejection later when she gives you the bum's rush. Just make sure you make your stand. :)

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2012, 5:11 pm

Make yourself look like Justin Beiber. Problem solved.