Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

InterestingIsabella
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

26 Mar 2012, 2:35 pm

i know im young but my mind is set on a romantic relationship with a guy and ive been feeling so lonely (i dont have too many friends) and i just,, i dont know the more i fantasize the more i feel well..i dont know O_o <3 isabella

Rax
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

26 Mar 2012, 4:02 pm

ummm... Is it because you like him?

InterestingIsabella

26 Mar 2012, 5:11 pm

i think i worded that wrong i meant wanting a relationship with a guy. i dont have a guy in mind :o

Wolfheart
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2012, 2:48 am

Good luck Isabella, try not to take relationships too seriously at your age as they aren't everything. Don't let pressure from society or other people make you feel that you have to be in a relationship, find something you love doing and I'm sure you'll meet someone else that shares that interest :).

Guybrush_Threepwood
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2012, 11:50 am

You are most probably experiencing a hormonal upheaval which causes a maelstrom of mixed feelings and anxiety about the thought of being alone and left behind as others pair up and disappear into a happy future...

You have a long life ahead of you...and these feelings subside around the time your skin starts to clear and you will have opportunities to meet a wide variety of people from which you may discover you have a very strong and natural affinity with one...

Until then, you might consider Wolfheart's very good advice...

And play competitive sports to discharge your pent up energies...

And regularly take cold showers...

Don't worry future twenty five year old InterestingIsabellaThatDidn'tBecomeASingleAlcoholicMother, no need to thank me.

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2012, 11:54 am

I was in your position just a few years ago, good luck getting a good relationship. Despite what people say, you can indeed have serious lasting relationships as a teenager :)

Alexender
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2012, 11:55 am

Asp-Z wrote:
I was in your position just a few years ago, good luck getting a good relationship. Despite what people say, you can indeed have serious lasting relationships as a teenager :)

Out of my highschool of 2000 there were known that I heard of, a few lasted for a year or 2 even, but none that lasted.

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2012, 12:05 pm

Meh, still happens, and those teenagers are always happier than married couples too :P

Certainly my relationship is a lot more fun than my parents' :P

Alexender
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2012, 12:16 pm

Asp-Z wrote:
Meh, still happens, and those teenagers are always happier than married couples too :P

Certainly my relationship is a lot more fun than my parents' :P

Sure...

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2012, 12:28 pm

There's virtually no such thing as a married couple who don't wish their relationship could be more like it was when they were younger. I mean sure, there's the odd exception, but that's all they are, exceptions.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: when you get older, you spend the rest of your life wishing you were young again. Therefore, I believe that you should, when you're young, try and start relationships and such because you'll only regret not doing it when you're older, stuck in a boring life where everything's the same as it was 10 years ago as you struggle to pay your mortgage, and you wish you could have done more stuff earlier in life.

Anyway, OP, as I said in the first place, go find a relationship, and I wish you luck and hope it works out.

ZX_SpectrumDisorder
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2012, 12:33 pm

Enjoy being 15. Plenty of time, yet.

diniesaur
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2012, 8:18 pm

Asp-Z wrote:

The problem with THAT is that many times people can get taken advantage of. I had been dating my ex for 2.5 years when he took me into a hotel room and attempted to drown me, smother me, choke me, and bleed me to death. THAT is what I call a serious, lasting relationship! It was not fun.

OP, you may not know it, but you are exremely lucky. A lot of people who get into relationships, especially when they're young, can be abused terribly. Do you know how much I wish I could have been in your position at age fifteen? That was the year my ex tried to kill me. The worst part is that I remember the good parts of having a relationship. If I could go back, I wouldn't have dated him at all, not just because I wouldn't have been abused, but because I wouldn't know about the good parts of a relationship that I'm missing right now. You don't need to have a relationship to be happy.

...actually, I take that all back. Losing my virginity at age thirteen and having weekly sex for 2.5 years was AWESOME. :lol:

It's your choice. But my point is that you shouldn't obsess over getting a relationship. I actually was quite upset about this a few weeks ago, but with the help of my gods I realized that a relationship will come to me when it is time (I don't need to rush it). I assume that it's the same for you.

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2012, 10:12 am

diniesaur, I'm sorry to hear that happened to you, it must have been terrible. However, I will note that similar things can and have happened to fully grown adults too. It's not exclusive to teenage relationships at all - far from it.