I'm attracted to unconventional males.

Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

dexkaden
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2006, 2:55 pm

I think that in the long run, I am more attracted to intellect and personality than physical characteristics, but god help me, there is just something wonderful about a man with chiseled features...like Brad Pitt. But that is just physical lust, and I find myself really drawn to men (or people, actually) who have a personality I just "mesh" with, and a brain that thinks about serious things, not just sports.

Mikka
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

13 Nov 2006, 3:11 pm

Personal experience has taught me that having a great set of criteria for what you are looking for helps weed out those that you will have a hard time loving for the long haul.

I want to get to know a mans heart and mind before rejecting their body. If they aren't talking with me about their thoughts, needs, wants, bad days, good days, etc., then it's impossible for me to know their heart and mind.

When I read the writing people have done on Ladder Theory it was interesting, but I guess my ladder is a lot different than most peoples my ladder does not end in a relationship. After they climb the ladder, there is an elaborate labyrinth to go through to save this princess. There is no specific body type that can make it through this puzzle, it's a test of knowledge, strength, endurance, romance, mystery, compatibility... and then there is always the possibility that I won't make it to the top of the mans ladder or make it through his labyrinth either.... rough world, but if I have to spend the rest of my life looking for what I want and having me be the one he wants, that's my plan.

Louise
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 Nov 2006, 7:15 pm

I find a bit of muscle nice to look at, sometimes - but you can find that anywhere, and ultimately it's boring. I agree with Mikka and Dex that it's a man's mind, personality, and 'way of going about things' that are most likely to attract me.

Anyway, what's with the earlier mention of a man you were chasing? What's been happening with that, if you don't mind me asking? :)