Page 1 of 2 [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2012, 10:20 pm

Hi, we have all had crushes on other people who were not interested in us at one point or another. However, what was the most crushing experience for you.

For me was when I was when I first entered into high school and developed a crush on a guy while I was in middle school. Although he was already appearing to have an interest in another girl, I wanted to make sure that he was MINE. So on the second day, I was talking to the girl who he had crushed on. I told her I thought he was hot, she she agreed that she would not tell him what I said.

So I get to school the next day and find him harassing me when I am at my locker about what I said he was hot. I kept telling him to back off and leave me alone. He then said that the other girl told him. I said to him, " You need to tell her to keep her mouth shut next time." The it was when he said it that he was going out with someone else when it wasn't true. He then walked away as I was getting ready to leave for the first class. He came up with this catty attitude by asking, "Do you plan on finding anyone to date in high school?" I looked at him and snapped, "No, I am not going out with anyone in highschool EVER." I then walked away and cried through most of the first period.

What were you experiences?

mds_02
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2012, 3:00 am

Near the end of my freshman year of high school, the principal pulled my best friend and I out of class. There was a new girl there who was starting the next year, and he wanted two of his better students to show her around a bit.

The girl was absolutely gorgeous. Told us she was a model. I went home that day and pulled out some of my sister's teen fashion magazines and only had to flip through a couple issues before I found pictures of her.

I kinda obsessed about her during the summer. Was really excited when school started that fall (with how much I hated school, that's really saying something).

School starts and, sure enough, she gravitated toward us at first, being the only people there she'd met. For about a week she'd eat her lunch with us, sit next to us in the classes we shared, chat a bit before and after school.

Best part was, my friend was gay, so, while he enjoyed her company well enough, he didn't try to compete with me for her attention. In fact, he went out of his way to talk me up in front of her (seriously, great friend). And for my part, I poured on what little charm I could. Probably came off awkward as hell, but I was trying, which I'd never done before.

Anyhow, after about the first week, I noticed she'd stop coming to us to talk. She'd still be friendly enough if I approached her, but steadily I'd get less and less of her attention as she figured out who the popular kids were and started sticking to them.

She'd always be pretty friendly toward me when no one else was around. But, if anyone was there, the most I'd get out of her would be a quick "hey" before she'd turn back to whoever she was talking to. Looking back at it now, I think it was less that she outright disliked me and more that she was embarrassed to be seen with me.

Then, one day about a month later, I said "Hi" to her in front of a group of her new friends. She let out a big exaggerated sigh and said "Jesus Christ, take a hint, I don't want to talk to you."

f****n' destroyed me. I went all red in the face, half-walked half-ran away, and didn't go back to school the rest of the week. Got a bunch of s**t for it from the other guys at school for months.

Edit: AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! !! ! I was inspired to look her up on facebook, and damn those looks have faded.

And it feels pretty soft to me. 

Modest Mouse - The View

Last edited by mds_02 on 02 Mar 2012, 3:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Subotai
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2012, 3:39 am

It was highschool for me as well. I was really handsome and in shape, played football.. but really quiet outside of my small group of friends. One of the girls who hung around our practices developed a huge crush on me, she was a gorgeous half Lebanese girl, really bubbly and popular. I was really clueless back then but she was so obvious that I even caught on, I started to crush on her hard too.
But I was too cowardly and inexperienced, I didn't make any kind of move on her and eventually she started dating some other guy.
That was the most highlighting disappointment of my love life.

I also missed out in highschool on my best friend, who had a crush on me.. also a gorgeous girl, all due to cluelessness. She told me before she moved away. Sad thing about that one is I was crushing hard on this other girl I had met on the first day of HS, she was friends with my best friend who liked me, and I always would lament to her about it... damn. :cry:

jagatai
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2012, 7:48 am

I had a crush on one of the more popular girls in the 7th grade. I would hang aground on the sidelines near any group she happened to be in, hoping to have some time with her. Apparently I was pretty obvious about it and she started teasing me by sitting with me at times and putting her arm around me. I didn't know what to do so I would continue doing what I was doing... Eating, drawing, whatever. This seemed to encourage her to do it more. Eventually a few other girls started doing this. It became a thing for many of the girls to tease me, claiming they loved me. The teasing finally ended in early high school when another girl did this to me, and I put my arm around her. She cried out in disgust and ran away and that was the end of that.

Grisha
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2012, 9:15 am

mds_02 wrote:
I was inspired to look her up on facebook, and damn those looks have faded.

:lol:

I've had situations like that too - it really takes the sting out of the memory, doesn't it? :wink:

mds_02
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2012, 9:29 am

Grisha wrote:
mds_02 wrote:

I've had situations like that too - it really takes the sting out of the memory, doesn't it? :wink:

Surely does.

And it feels pretty soft to me. 

Modest Mouse - The View

MisterSpock
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2012, 11:32 am

I'm not sure whether my most crushing experience was the time I saw a girl I liked (but hadn't told her) passionately kissing another guy, or the time I saw a girl I like (who I had told) passionately kissing another guy.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

02 Mar 2012, 12:21 pm

I never really crushed on anyone till I was in my 20s so I never liked anyone when I was in school. I'm a late bloomer. I was a loner; Schizoid Personality.
I had more than a few bad experiences with telling crushes from work that I liked them.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Last edited by nick007 on 02 Mar 2012, 12:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.

superboyian
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2012, 12:28 pm

I remember having a crush on this girl I liked since primary school and I was so stubborn that I would literally go on and on and on about her, I remember even asking her out a couple of times and rejected it and no clue why?

Suddenly years later when I was in my 9th year of school, I was sitting next to her on the coach since there was barely much space left and I remember her holding my hand and asking if I don't mind? I was like "Yea, I don't mind." So she proceeded.
Then when it came to valentines (which I used to think it was the most depressing day of my life) but then I received an email from her, it was on of those lovely e-cards and that made my day.

It was then she ended up asking me out, turns out that the relationship didn't go down too well and it was up and down, up and down and that I recall it being the best day ever of my life.

It was going well in the beginning but during the relationship, all she ever did was constantly display so many negativity towards other people and she has stopped me from talking to the good friends that I've ever hanged out with. Every time she would see me talking to one of them, she would stop talking to me and I would be so gullible wondering why is not talking to me and I would be crying my eyes out about it. At the same time, it kinda felt like she was using me for things or something or just for pleasure.

Until this one day, she went out with some other dude and I never expected it to happen and I remember myself crying and crying my eyes out and I was so incredibly hurt and broken into pieces and I never knew about it nor did I get a dump line but only until I found out that she was going out with THAT guy.

Months later, we ended up getting back together and it was bit better than before but it always resulted in me getting hurt or something until it officially ended.

Things failed since until I met my current partner who I'm now with for 10 months and it is so amazing. :D

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2012, 1:11 pm

MisterSpock wrote:
I'm not sure whether my most crushing experience was the time I saw a girl I liked (but hadn't told her) passionately kissing another guy, or the time I saw a girl I like (who I had told) passionately kissing another guy.

I like your Avatar pic btw. I am a girl but I am a fan of Star Trek and Mr. Spock's.

Anyway, the same guy who hurt me really that time also went and spread lies to our special education case manager. This was by acting very upset and lying that I was going around telling everyone that we were a couple when I never did such a thing. Other things that he would do to hint that he wasn't interested was bragging about what he did with the other girl who he developed a crush on once they started dating.

I.E He would brag, "Hey guess what? Me and the other girl went to see There's Something about Mary. We also went out for espressos and she hated hers." He also always have a big smile on his face when he did it too.

He also did that when he and his girlfriend got together with my other friends while shutting me out by bragging about where they went. I later found out that he really didn't like me that much behind my back.

Matt62
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2012, 3:24 pm

Latebloomer here too. No GFs in HS at all. Several crushes that went nowhere, starting in 7th grade.
My Worst experience in Love in general was missing a girl trying to say "Yes" with non-verbal cues. Yeah, you all know how well we do with those..

Sincerely,
Matthew

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2012, 3:51 pm

I thought Charlene was the most beautiful creature ever. She was smart, cheerful, and nice-looking. Everybody liked her. Once I finally worked up the nerve to ask her out to the Prom, she just laughed in my face. Then her friends laughed. Then the whole school was laughing at me, and even the teachers smirked my way when the subject of the Prom came up.

When my dad asked me who I was taking to the prom, I had to tell him "no one". Then I had to explain it to him. Then he got mad and hit me. Then he called up Charlene's dad and asked him what the *&^%$#@ was going on. Then he came back and slapped me around some more while calling me every filthy name he could think of. Then he got drunk and passed out.

(This was in the 1970's. Back then, a parent could still beat a child "for their own good" and get away with it).

Not only was I "crushed" by the Charlene's laughter and the ridicule from my classmates, but my dad's treatment of the whole situation nearly "crushed" my spirit completely. It was only recently that I found out some of the things that Charlene's dad had told my dad. Apparently, she had made up a bunch of lies - that I had exposed myself to her, that I had grabbed and groped her and her friends, that I was always maneuvering to look up her skirt or down her blouse ... none of which was true.

I hope Charlene dies a slow, painful, and lonely death...

goodwitchy
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2012, 4:23 pm

mds_02 wrote:
Grisha wrote:
mds_02 wrote:

Surely does.

Awesome! *lol*

Summer_Twilight - mine is similar to yours. I liked this guy all through high school, but he never even acknowledged me and we were in the same homeroom, so I had to see him every school day morning for 4 years. - (ETA: but I never spoke to the girl he had a crush on - she scared me *L*). Anyway, at some point after I graduated, I found out he became a total derelict and I was glad I didn't go out with him. :wink:

Instead, and worse, I ended up marrying the first guy who paid any attention to me, and that was a major mistake - completely my own fault: shortsightedness, rebellion, lack of emotional maturity and life experience. After a few years of abuse, I had to get out of that situation and get divorced. Luckily I didn't have children with him.... but I don't harbor bad feelings towards him now (it was a lifetime ago). The crushing part was admitting that I had made such a major mistake in my life.

Fnord, I'm sorry you went through that; it sounds horrible.

Autism Spectrum quotient: 41, Empathy Quotient: 19

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2012, 7:58 pm

goodwitchy wrote:
Fnord, I'm sorry you went through that; it sounds horrible.

Thanks. It was horrible, but except for some residual contempt, I'm over it.

I did learn that just because someone may be popular or pretty (or both), it does not automatically follow that they are also nice.

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2012, 11:42 pm

Fnord,

My parents were abusive too. However, they never hit me for saying such things. Instead, they were more like the type who made fun of me for this or that.

As for the guy, like Charlene, he too went around spreading lies about me thanks to learning bad habits from the girl he chose over me. Again, he went and lied to our case manager on the third day of high school after humiliating and making me feel bad for calling him hot.

It took me a long time to get over that situation alone too. In fact, around the time he started dating the other girl, I made friends with a woman who drove the bus that I happened to make friends with. In fact, we are still friends. She thought it was horrible when he came up and did that to me. Her reaction was, "That's a compliment, the idiot. As for him bragging like that, it's like stabbing with like you are a pin cushion with a needle over and over again." I would cry all the way to school talking to her about it.

As for him now, he is too immature for me as I outgrew him and he never grew up. He also still lies and does a lot of drinking.

tim1982
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

03 Mar 2012, 12:19 am

All of them have been as equally crushing. More like devestating.