AspieAffection Warning: Updated

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Median
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

05 May 2012, 9:32 pm

Update: Alex has responded and the site is still visibly broken, but no longer seems to leak personal information. The issue below should no longer be a concern, but changing your passwords is still recommended.

I debated whether to post this here, but I'd feel irresponsible if I didn't, I've emailed Alex but I'm sure many have already noticed.

The AspieAffection website appears to be broken to the point of publically revealing private information about its users which could be used to identify and locate users and technical security information which could allow it and further related sites to be maliciously compromised.

If you have an account there and it's still possible to change, erase or otherwise remove your personal information, I recommend you do so immediately. Passwords are hashed and not easily readable from the information that's being displayed, but I would also recommend changing your passwords, especially if you've used the same password for multiple sites.

I believe the site has been broken in this way for quite some time, and it needs to be fixed or taken down as soon as is physically possible. It would be an extremely irresponsible act to do otherwise, given that some users may be personally vulnerable. It's not just a case of not being able to use the site, it's revealing information people may not wish to be exposed and it could be dangerous.

PastFixations
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2012, 2:23 pm

Yay for not registering. =D

www.wrongplanet.net/postp5013377.html&h ... t=#5013377

Sora: "My friends are my power."

Ventus: "I'm asking you as a friend. Just... put an end to me."