Good looking but nobody sees it

Page 1 of 7 [ 97 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

Really
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

18 May 2012, 2:29 am

So im from htown and im handsome. I have dated alot of women but most of the time my quirks and social ques ruin everything. Besides that most of the women i meet i feel are not on my level. But they are interested, theyre just not the beautiful intelligent one i think i deserve. Should i lower my standards

JanuaryMan
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2012, 2:32 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyx6JDQCslE&ob=av3n[/youtube]

spongy
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2012, 2:54 am

Really wrote:
So im from htown and im handsome. I have dated alot of women but most of the time my quirks and social ques ruin everything. Besides that most of the women i meet i feel are not on my level. But they are interested, theyre just not the beautiful intelligent one i think i deserve. Should i lower my standards

Start looking elsewhere?

I look for something thats quite rare. Im well aware of that and I have to make some sacrifices to get a chance to talk to some people I find interesting. They know that Im not comfortable with the current situation but they appreciate my effort to get over our differences

There have to be some place where this women you are looking for are at. Have you tried joining some sort of literary club/something similar you are interested in to see if you get along better with people(please note I didnt say women, joining a club to just meet women can be easily recognized and its not usually welcome) there?

NeueZiel
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2012, 2:59 am

JanuaryMan wrote:

This is really the best kind of response anyone could make to the OP.

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2012, 4:47 am

I know how you feel, mate. I'm stunningly gorgeous and have a great personality too, but only a small handful of women have ever bothered to chase me. Pearls before swine, I call it.

Adam82
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2012, 5:11 am

I am not ugly either, and yet the only indicators of interest I can receive are from women waaaay below my level. Surely I can do better than that.

MXH
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2012, 5:42 am

Ive been told im good looking and am caring/pasionate/great personality/etc. Gotten me nowhere. So I must theorize on those responses versus what actually happens. Either they lie, which is very possible. Or they mean it, but its not in the same manner that would be good for a relationship. As in good looking but not attractive, and great personality but not an attractive one.

Uprising
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2012, 5:54 am

Life will get you nowhere if you notice that the only person who thinks you're the prettiest individual on earth, is your own goddamn mother. :lmao:

Blownmind
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2012, 8:08 am

Really wrote:
There is a "baggage"-rule. The more baggage you carry(psychological issues, kids, evil parents), the lower you have to aim. ..or so I think. My point is; if Asperger's is considered baggage, and if you are a 10, then perhaps you should aim for a 8 without baggage, or a 10 with similar baggage.

I have Aspergers and I am married to a woman with Bipolar Disorder, and she had a kid already. I wont comment on if we are 10 or 5 or 1's, but we are pretty close to eachother on the "attractiveness-scale".

With that said, the most important thing is to have things in common, not how you or they look.

JanuaryMan wrote:
Video
I found it amusing. Thanks, I've only seen the censored version before.

Last edited by Blownmind on 18 May 2012, 8:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

RightGalaxy
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2012, 8:32 am

Uprising wrote:
Life will get you nowhere if you notice that the only person who thinks you're the prettiest individual on earth, is your own goddamn mother. :lmao:

well..hiss...hiss...rear....rear.... :roll:

bnky
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

18 May 2012, 8:34 am

Really wrote:

Can you clarify who it is that you think you deserve? My question is based on the singularity of the focus in your statement: "the [...] one i think i deserve"

Delphiki
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2012, 8:36 am

Really wrote:

If you get a women that is less than a -level 53 park escape- then it is a failure

And JanuaryMan nice video. By chance I just woke up to that song, have my alarm on radio.

Last edited by Delphiki on 18 May 2012, 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

RightGalaxy
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2012, 8:44 am

Really wrote:

NO!! !! You just have to be VERY patient! I started looking for a committed mate at 18. I didn't find the right guy until I was 30. I've been married for 20 years. People will try to get you to lose your self-confidence, even on this site!! Never lose it. Loss of confidence spells doom
and for some reason loss of confidence for an aspie is the begging of the ultimate end!! !! We have no social backup or anyone to tell us, "There, there, baby, everything will turn out." This site has a lot of good people and a lot of jerks too. DO NOT LOWER your standards!
That makes no sense. If you can't find a hamburger restaurant, are you going to scrap some s**t off of the sidewalk and make a sandwich with it?! ! :x Shame on you!! ! What you need to try is to go to places where you can meet people who hold your kind of standards high. When I was 30 years old, I was deeply emersed in Christian theology, so I joined a Bible reading seminar. That's how I met my husband. Same morality plus common interests - movies, good food, travel, pets, etc....

RightGalaxy
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2012, 8:46 am

Adam82 wrote:
I am not ugly either, and yet the only indicators of interest I can receive are from women waaaay below my level. Surely I can do better than that.

yes you can, Adam 82!! !! !! !! ! It's all about patience and not immediate gratification.

RightGalaxy
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2012, 8:47 am

bnky wrote:
Really wrote:

Can you clarify who it is that you think you deserve? My question is based on the singularity of the focus in your statement: "the [...] one i think i deserve"

OMG!! ! Envy is such an ugly thing!! !

RightGalaxy
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2012, 8:48 am

NeueZiel wrote:
JanuaryMan wrote:

This is really the best kind of response anyone could make to the OP.

No! It isn't.