Men, Love and Physical Attraction towards Women

Page 5 of 8 [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

AScomposer13413
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2012, 11:24 pm

Kinme wrote:
It's what usually begins the attraction, is it not? I don't think it should solely be focused on appearance. It may, at first, but it should become more about personality than looks if a relationship is actually meaningful and worth being a part of. Looks will fade eventually, and those people will be left with nothing if appearance is all that matters.

^ This!!

IlovemyAspie
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2012, 1:42 am

AScomposer13413 wrote:
Kinme wrote:
It's what usually begins the attraction, is it not? I don't think it should solely be focused on appearance. It may, at first, but it should become more about personality than looks if a relationship is actually meaningful and worth being a part of. Looks will fade eventually, and those people will be left with nothing if appearance is all that matters.

^ This!!

Yup, beauty fades dumb is forever

Wolfheart
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2012, 1:51 am

Beauty fades but it's still important in creating a good first impressions or presentation and those first impressions can open up opportunities and situations that you wouldn't have found yourself in. In terms of employment and romantic opportunities, looks or having a good presentations matters to an extent.

Are looks an indicator of character? No. Is money an indicator of character? No, since it can be stolen or inherited. I think a good physique can be an indicator that somebody has a certain amount of dedication and determination though.

KnarlyDUDE09
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2012, 1:09 pm

Kinme wrote:

I really like your view on this, and it makes a lot of sense. The thing you said about one's appearance being the prime focus for a time, but then the focus being shifted towards one's personality allows one to see growth in a relationship and also the realization of the love shared between two people.

...thank you very much for your post. :)

ZX_SpectrumDisorder
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2012, 2:16 pm

Wolfheart wrote:
I think a good physique can be an indicator that somebody has a certain amount of dedication and determination though.

Even if the person doesn't possess a 'good physique' it's the push within the person to want to achieve this that's important.

Kurgan
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2012, 2:20 pm

Kinme wrote:

Most attractive girls ars actually intelligent, undestanding and well-educated and will still have a lot to offer an old man when they themselves get old.

JanuaryMan
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2012, 2:47 pm

Kurgan wrote:
Kinme wrote:

Most attractive girls ars actually intelligent, undestanding and well-educated and will still have a lot to offer an old man when they themselves get old.

And I guess most attractive men are rocket scientists, too :lol: sorry looks has nothing to do with brains, for either party.
Though there are people that strive to be not only beautiful and handsome, but smart. The full package, if you will.

Kurgan
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2012, 2:59 pm

JanuaryMan wrote:
Kurgan wrote:
Kinme wrote:

And I guess most attractive men are rocket scientists, too :lol: sorry looks has nothing to do with brains, for either party.
Though there are people that strive to be not only beautiful and handsome, but smart. The full package, if you will.

I never said that there was a direct correlation, but I'm tired of the myth that all pretty girls are stupid and all ugly girls are smart, as if everyone was handed out an equal number of ability points that just happens to be distributed differently for everyone, like in a RPG.

With that being said, the ugliest girls I went to high school with were often below average in intelligence and the prettiest girls were in nine out of ten times above average in intelligence.

As for the men: I've never seen a physically fit idiot at the local gym.

BrandonSP
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2012, 3:03 pm

I see physical attractiveness and personality as equally important when it comes to choosing girls I want to date. The former is what hooks me into a woman and the latter is what makes me want to keep her.

I also agree with Kurgan to an extent that attractive women can be a lot more intelligent than the conventional wisdom allows. I've met quite a number of pretty girls at my university who were also dedicated and brilliant students. In fact girls who are smart and good-looking are my favorites.

JanuaryMan
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2012, 3:22 pm

Kurgan wrote:
I never said that there was a direct correlation, but I'm tired of the myth that all pretty girls are stupid and all ugly girls are smart, as if everyone was handed out an equal number of ability points that just happens to be distributed differently for everyone, like in a RPG.

Brilliant analogy lol.
I understand. There are a lot of smart pretty women out there :)

NicoleG
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2012, 3:32 pm

As regards to the high heel dilemma, might I recommend you consider that if your goal is to run away from an attacker, high-heeled shoes are for the birds, but if your goal is to beat your attacker into a bloody pulp, easy to slip off shoes with high-heeled titanium spikes make prefect, easy-to-access secondary weapons.

ZX_SpectrumDisorder
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2012, 3:35 pm

Bra cannon.

DogsWithoutHorses
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2012, 3:35 pm

JanuaryMan wrote:
Kurgan wrote:

Brilliant analogy lol.

You can't determine someone's intelligence based on their appearance. In fact there are a lot of things you can't determine about someone based solely on their appearance (unless you are Sherlock Holmes I guess).
Appearance is an early indicator of attraction/compatibility, it's inconvenient that it's not also the best one.

If your success is defined as being well adjusted to injustice and well adapted to indifference, then we don?t want successful leaders. We want great leaders- who are unbought, unbound, unafraid, and unintimidated to tell the truth.

NicoleG
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2012, 3:44 pm

ZX_SpectrumDisorder wrote:
Bra cannon.

You mean like Katy Perry's Firework video, where even the little kids have them? That's disturbing.

ZX_SpectrumDisorder
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2012, 3:46 pm

Really? OK. I don't watch Katie Perry videos.

JanuaryMan
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2012, 3:48 pm

DogsWithoutHorses wrote:
JanuaryMan wrote:
Kurgan wrote:

Brilliant analogy lol.

You can't determine someone's intelligence based on their appearance. In fact there are a lot of things you can't determine about someone based solely on their appearance (unless you are Sherlock Holmes I guess).
Appearance is an early indicator of attraction/compatibility, it's inconvenient that it's not also the best one.

Well, that's fine, but I was simply saying there are smart pretty women out there. And a lot of them. It's statistically possible, there's 7 billion of us folks on the planet nearly. Also, I was just laughing at the analogy, and understand the point he was trying to make.