Page 4 of 45 [ 707 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 45  Next

1000Knives
Veteran
Veteran

01 Sep 2012, 10:03 pm

Well, I go to the Asian markets to buy my:
Bean sprouts
Lychees
Persimmons
Mochi from Taiwan because it's cheaper than Japanese mochi (jdm tyte tax)
Iced tea
Tea
Chinese medicine

Actually, if I had my way, I'd probably just do ALL my shopping at the Asian supermarket, but alas I don't have my own way.

As far as my "hitting on" I simply asked a girl what she thought of a drink I was going to buy, to which she replied "I have a boyfriend."

ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2012, 8:32 am

Here is one Asian woman's take on her preference for non-Asians

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8pEcOhsdjY[/youtube]

I don't know how much the size of the sausage really enters into a woman's evaluation of a man, but, hey, one point in our favour. We'll take what we can get.

Anyway, beauty standards in much of Asia call for light skin, long noses, and round eyes: features with which those of us with European ancestry are born. A lot of women will spend money on surgeries to enhance the nose (flat noses are considered unattractive), and many go in for blepharoplasty

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOcSJSJWD60[/youtube]

Skin whitening products have a huge market in Asia.

http://edition.cnn.com/2002/WORLD/asiap ... whitening/

Look at Miss Thailand here

I'm guessing that either she has some European ancestry, or she had a nose job. Plus, she obviously stays out of the sun.

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2012, 12:45 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VF9U_l_NZdM[/youtube]

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2012, 1:46 pm

^ Nicely done video.

TruthTree
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

02 Sep 2012, 8:06 pm

1000Knives wrote:
Well, I go to the Asian markets to buy my:
Bean sprouts
Lychees
Persimmons
Mochi from Taiwan because it's cheaper than Japanese mochi (jdm tyte tax)
Iced tea
Tea
Chinese medicine

Actually, if I had my way, I'd probably just do ALL my shopping at the Asian supermarket, but alas I don't have my own way.

As far as my "hitting on" I simply asked a girl what she thought of a drink I was going to buy, to which she replied "I have a boyfriend."

Well in that case it was wrong of her to presume.

TruthTree

02 Sep 2012, 8:08 pm

ArrantPariah wrote:
Where should one go, then, to hit on Asian girls?

If you don't see any asian girls at your school or work place, maybe a library or coffee shop?
And I guess any other place asian people hang out that is more social.
Where I live they are in libraries a lot because a lot of them are students, otherwise I see a lot of them at restaurants and my yoga class :)

ArrantPariah wrote:
I suspect that a lot of these girls would be more Americanized, and thus more interested in the alpha/macho types.

Possibly, but then there are also girls like me who have an even mix of asian and north american cultures.

Pondering
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2012, 9:34 pm

I didn't know there was a certain way to talk to Asian Women. Maybe it's because I'm part Asian, but I always just kind of thought it's like talking to pretty much any other girl.

ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2012, 7:14 am

Some people who are in the USA on temporary work visas (for example, some Filipina nurses) may be highly interested in getting married before their visas expire.

I know one couple like this: the American husband is on disability, and the Filipina wife is a nurse. They are a very cute couple, and they have a gorgeous little daughter.

I don't know how one would necessarily go about seeking Asian women who have visa difficulties.

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2012, 8:44 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dla_qn2pFLs&feature=related[/youtube]

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2012, 6:49 am

Off to Japan it is, then?

Evy7
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

06 Sep 2012, 9:08 am

I think it's very superficial to just want "asian girls". It shows and tells me that you only care about looks. Well that's what I think of if I hear a guy only looking for specific kind of girls. I mean, you might miss out on a girl who really cares about you.

ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2012, 9:34 am

Evy7 wrote:
I think it's very superficial to just want "asian girls". It shows and tells me that you only care about looks. Well that's what I think of if I hear a guy only looking for specific kind of girls. I mean, you might miss out on a girl who really cares about you.

People are entitled to their own tastes and preferences. À chacun son goût.

1000Knives
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2012, 1:06 pm

Evy7 wrote:

I don't know if I said anywhere I just want Asian girls. However, I do like Asian girls. I was just looking for advice specifically on how to talk to Asian girls, as I've found them much harder to talk to and get to know compared to other girls.

Evy7
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

06 Sep 2012, 1:14 pm

Of course people are entitled to their own preferences -_-. I'm only saying if you are basically just looking at a girl for her race is really wrong. And I think going up to any girl has the same techniques and strategies as ypu would a white girl, black etc.

Evy7
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

06 Sep 2012, 1:20 pm

And BTW Quasimodo, I am entitled to my OPINION to think that way of him if I assmed he was only looking at a certain kind of girl. And if you look like a hunchback, then why be picky!?

ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2012, 2:31 pm

Evy7 wrote:
And BTW Quasimodo, I am entitled to my OPINION to think that way of him if I assmed he was only looking at a certain kind of girl. And if you look like a hunchback, then why be picky!?

Isn't telling a man who digs Asians that he should court a White woman a bit like telling a homosexual man that he should give up being a homosexual and marry a woman? Either situation might not end well.

If that "ladder theory" (that is being discussed elsewhere) has any validity, then a man who finds himself off of the ladder of most American females (for being nerdy and unathletic) may move to Japan and probably find himself near the top of the ladder for a larger number of women, to the extent that he might actually be getting a decent amount of jiggery-pokery.

As for "missing out on a girl who really cares for him": I think that he may be more likely to find that in Japan.