So frustrated with having NO social life ! !! !! !! !

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

fleetadmiral987
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

14 Jun 2015, 11:38 am

Hello my name is Joshua and I am 28 years old with aspergers. Since the beginning of the year I have been so frustrated with having zero friends, either girlfriends(romantically) or guy friends( to hang out with in a nonromatic way). I have been a shut in since I dropped out of high school in 2004. I have volunteered at the hospital but that has been it till this year when I started going to car shows with my landlord's husband, which I enjoy. I don't go to church, even though I believe in God, because I have not found a church that I like. Living in South Carolina most churches are more focused on "fighting the gay agenda" then actually helping the community, which I will not be a part of. I am now trying to get a part-time job even though I get disability because I have aspergers. I guess my question is this, how can I find friends and even potential dates? How have y'all found friends and dates? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Joshua Pellaeon

Venger
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2015, 11:53 am

If you're talking about meeting people IRL(not off internet), then the obvious first place to start would be at the eventual part-time job you mentioned.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2015, 3:26 pm

That's the reason#1 I think why most guys here don't have gfs.

mpe
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

14 Jun 2015, 4:01 pm

fleetadmiral987 wrote:
Hello my name is Joshua and I am 28 years old with aspergers. Since the beginning of the year I have been so frustrated with having zero friends, either girlfriends(romantically) or guy friends( to hang out with in a nonromatic way).
Anything on http://www.meetup.com/ interest you?

CateJayne
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

14 Jun 2015, 4:25 pm

Have you considered signing up for a GED class at an adult high school?

Is there some sort of car-related club you could join? Hiking club?

In terms of a part-time job, bartending and/or working at a coffee shop (Starbucks, Dunkin Donuts, etc) would give you the opportunity to improve your social skills while earning some money. Plus, you don't need education or experience for either job!

Non_Passerine
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

15 Jun 2015, 6:06 pm

To be honest, my best friend and I met through fate. We were housemates renting out the same place, and both of us got there because of some unfortunate life circumstances.

izzeme
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2015, 2:54 am

Find something you like doing that can be co-opd and go from there.

With this i mean: go join a club associated with one of your hobbies/interests; this way you'll meet people which share at least one interest to talk about.

Preferably a club that actively works together (sports, orchestras, board/tabletop games), since you'll be almost forced to interact, but lower interaction groups work too, and might be less daunting to start (fotography, chess...)

autismthinker21
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2015, 4:32 am

Face of boo, you really need to stop with your money and women grasping money from you. Women are allowed to have jobs. Only reason that as per gher people are single, the guys, the women are not accepting mind sets. OK. They are not predictable. You assume that. What I don't like is how they all are very impostering and don't take anything serious except drinking and acting stupid.there are somethings willing to take. Dating professionals are not easy to do. They require a lot of work progress and sometimes the results are very out there. Depends on what we all accept. Men with autism seem to get only opposite. We just have problems being represented. Its really bothering to have to have money issues in front of women. Honestly they turn ugly after dealing with tuem. Who would wanna dig in pants and then get a child. And the women have pain during sexual eruption.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2015, 2:48 pm

autismthinker21 wrote:
Face of boo, you really need to stop with your money and women grasping money from you. Women are allowed to have jobs. Only reason that as per gher people are single, the guys, the women are not accepting mind sets. OK. They are not predictable. You assume that. What I don't like is how they all are very impostering and don't take anything serious except drinking and acting stupid.there are somethings willing to take. Dating professionals are not easy to do. They require a lot of work progress and sometimes the results are very out there. Depends on what we all accept. Men with autism seem to get only opposite. We just have problems being represented. Its really bothering to have to have money issues in front of women. Honestly they turn ugly after dealing with tuem. Who would wanna dig in pants and then get a child. And the women have pain during sexual eruption.

What are you smoking? I didn't say anything related to money.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

17 Jun 2015, 12:26 am

fleetadmiral987 wrote:
How have y'all found friends and dates?
I met all 3 girlfriends online. My 2nd & current were on this forum.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition