Page 2 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Desukani
Raven
Raven

22 Jul 2012, 5:56 pm

Im going to give you some advice here that I havent really followed myself but yeah maybe it will help you.
I think you should reply to most messages unless they come off as just creeps or are asking you for something you said you werent looking for (because they dont take enough time to read your profile). Dont shoot down the people that have sent you messages just saying hi either, most likely they are just as nervous as you about sending messages and so tried to go the simple route.
I was bad, i didnt reply to a lot of messages I got in my inbox. But at the same time I didnt get replies back to 90% of the messages I sent back so yeah. People have to assume that you have a life and may not be able to get back to them quickly.

somerandomaspieguy
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

12 Aug 2012, 1:47 am

my advice - make a profile without a picture or any info on things like body type, weight etc, answer quite a few questions on there especially ones dealing with important issues in a relationship to you, then look through guy's profiles and message the ones you think you've got anything in common with by trying to start a conversation you might find interesting (I'm on Ok Cupid and a woman has never messaged me first on there, I always have to send the first message and often it's ignored which is depressing after a while, I'd love it if someone messaged me first for a change). Then you could have a good chance of finding someone you can talk to well, as well as you'll probably get a lot less messages from guys who just like how you look but don't have much in common with you.

If you go to settings you can turn on private browsing also so people can't see you've viewed their profile.