Page 5 of 5 [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

aspiemike
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2014, 12:27 pm

Do you really want to have this debate with other people about what alpha is? So many people are more interested in the proverbial pissing contest than they are in discovering themselves for who they are anyway. Go ahead and do what others tell you to do. I see a lot of people trying to tell people how to do things in a superficial way. They probably aren't anymore alpha than you are unless you fail to go with your gut instinct to ensure your well being.

Erwin
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

02 Mar 2014, 12:55 am

auntblabby wrote:
if there can be human omegas, why not human alphas?

Everyone are equal. Don't think omegas exist. Just alphas and others. Everyone are naturally accepted (excluding the opposite gender). If you hurt someone, wether you're an alpha or not, you'll be bullied but since noone's a bad person, those are misunderstandings.

Erwin
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

02 Mar 2014, 1:01 am

Pabalebo wrote:
ohhhhhhhhh those people. The kind of people who have evolved beyond any need for recognition or dominance or approval. They just do stuff for the hell of it, and somehow it just seems... right. I guess that's why I can't personally consider them "alpha"... those people aren't driven by any desire to dominate. Yeah, I don't think there's ever gonna be a shorthand term that does those people justice. They're f***ing magical. I have the good fortune to have a few friends like that and it's pretty much my goal in life to be more like them.

Well, I didn't have to do anything, I was just magically liked a lot. No matter what I was like. Unless I was really rude but that seems right. If you feel you must be an alpha then you could be. You can pretty much feel what's right or wrong.

Erwin
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

02 Mar 2014, 1:04 am

auntblabby wrote:
Erwin wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
Pabalebo wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
Pabalebo wrote:
I guess when I think of the term "alpha", I think of the people who use it to describe themselves... which are generally the kind of people I've just described. At least in my experience.

when I was in the army and civil service, I worked around many people who were like opposite sides of the alpha coin, with relatively little thickness of coin in the middle- the dark alphas [like you described] and the light alphas [the good leaders who were first to sacrifice themselves for their people]. the proportions were about 99:1 in favor of the dark ones. but the occasional light one you never forget and you instinctively feel worshipful for.

The only thing I think of when hearing "alpha" is what you're calling "dark alpha"... people who are only out for themselves. In my experience, most of these people are actually pretty insecure and use whatever little bit of power they might gain over another person to reaffirm themselves. The people you're calling "light alpha" to me aren't "alpha" at all, but rather just decent people who happen to be really good at what they do.

it goes way beyond being "really good at what they do" to include spiritual mastery and selflessness. these people radiate agape. these people MAKE you want to follow them. they are like jesus.

Oh, we're not like Jesus.

oh, so you purport to speak for all alphas?

I know the first leader of the army of heaven, we're not like Jesus.

Erwin
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

02 Mar 2014, 1:07 am

Deuterium wrote:
@Erwin: Would you mind not using the search function for "alpha" and resurrecting these old threads. We get that you're obsessed with it.

I'm obsessed with a utopia

Erwin
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

02 Mar 2014, 1:09 am

Deuterium wrote:
Erwin wrote:
But we're nice people. Not just anyone can be an alpha.
None of you have probably ever seen an alpha since they're so rare.

auntblabby wrote:
oh, so you purport to speak for all alphas?

Deuterium wrote:
... when someone uses alpha to refer to him/herself - a fancy term to stroke their own egos ...

Need we more evidence...

Being alpha isn't about getting females, it's about helping others.