Pretty much done with dating NTs

Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 

Kaelynn
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 Aug 2012, 12:19 am

I have an NT boyfriend and we have nothing in common at all! He wont try to under stand my Aspergers and he hates when I talk about my obession. They say I am socially akward but when I ask him "So what did you do today?" He replies "Your face." How is it us with the social problem? Any way I have decided after this, I want an Aspie guy! My problem is that I don't think the Aspie guys I know veiw me as smart at all and the Aspie guys I know are very smart. I don't seem smart because of all my many learning diablitys but the doesnt equal stupid, does it? So I dont spell well, or remeber math facts or read well. There more to people then what they do in school.

Vomelche
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2012, 12:38 am

Try talking to some aspie guys and see where it goes

wtfid2
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2012, 1:00 am

Kaelynn wrote:
I have an NT boyfriend and we have nothing in common at all! He wont try to under stand my Aspergers and he hates when I talk about my obession. They say I am socially akward but when I ask him "So what did you do today?" He replies "Your face." How is it us with the social problem? Any way I have decided after this, I want an Aspie guy! My problem is that I don't think the Aspie guys I know veiw me as smart at all and the Aspie guys I know are very smart. I don't seem smart because of all my many learning diablitys but the doesnt equal stupid, does it? So I dont spell well, or remeber math facts or read well. There more to people then what they do in school.
ill admit i was annoyed that you said then instead of than but i would overlook it if i liked you.

wtfid2
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2012, 1:08 am

y wont my signature show

Your Aspie score: 101 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 111 of 200
You seem to have both Aspie and neurotypical traits

Silhouette-Song
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

13 Aug 2012, 1:28 am

Oh my goodness, he sounds absolutely horrible. Try to find a guy with the same obsession that you have, I think that worked for my boyfriend. Don't give up on all NT's though...I shouldn't be giving that advice.

Good luck in your endevours! :D

CrazyStarlightRedux
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2012, 7:32 am

I wouldn't tar them all with the same brush.

I find both sides unappealing for different reasons.

I would say find someone you can be more yourself with...be it an Aspie, ADHD, NT, Tourettes...anyone.

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2012, 4:17 pm

Don't write off all NTs just because of one immature teenage boy.

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I

minotaurheadcheese
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

13 Aug 2012, 6:59 pm

Who_Am_I wrote:
Don't write off all NTs just because of one immature teenage boy.

This. Sadly, sounds like your dude is a jerk, plain and simple. They exist, and are equally annoying, in all demographics... kind of like hemorrhoids. Ignore the labels and look for someone who treats you with the respect you deserve :)

"And there are days when I would be away . . . Oh, wherever men of my sort used to go, long ago. Wandering on paths that other men have not seen. Behind the sky. On the other side of the rain." -Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell

SanityTheorist
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2012, 7:05 pm

If you have nothing in common and don't get along then don't date. Simple. The best relationships come out of being best friends with people.

Currently working on getting in a studio to record my solo album 40+ tracks written.

Chatroom nicks: MetalFluttershy/MetalTwilight/SanityTheorist

WalkingTheDog
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

13 Aug 2012, 8:26 pm

I wouldn't write off all NTs just because of one jerk. People are people, some are jerks and some are mature.

thewhitrbbit
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2012, 9:14 pm

Dude sounds like a douche; but you could just as easily get an aspie with a god complex.

minervx
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2012, 10:36 pm

You're "pretty much done" with NT guys because of one (or a handful of) immature NT's. Diagnosis doesn't matter.

Brianruns10
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2012, 11:35 pm

Honestly, I wonder if the NTs aren't really the ones who are screwed up.

I mean, we have trouble with social cues and all that, but we're trying to learn and to make an effort, right?

It is supposed to be easy for NTs, so why don't they meet us halfway? Instead we're expected to conform to their notion of the norm. Screw that. NTs are dull, unambitious cretins anyways.

Aspies at least have passionate for what interests them. Most NTs I've know seem only concerned about making it to the weekend and drinking as much booze as possible.

One NT girl I was attracted to passed me over, and instead got engaged to some clod she got fixed up with on a blind date (of all things!). She just got married, and she converted to Catholicism for him. She was clearly desperate to marry someone, and I thank god she didn't want me. Because I don't want someone who has so little integrity they'll just leapfrog religions to satisfy their mate. She's just a mindless cog, like most NTs.

You're better off without them.

MXH
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2012, 12:12 am

so you're done with NTs, what makes you think aspies are any better?

Saawariya
Butterfly
Butterfly

14 Aug 2012, 1:13 am

AS guys can be just as bad!