Page 3 of 5 [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2012, 3:09 am

Wolfheart wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:
Aspie_Chav wrote:
Ageing is a terrible thing, especially for woman. Most things in life can be achieved by wisdom, hard work and persistence. So as time goes by things usually improve. This includes dating for aspies. Aging is the opposite however. Supply and demand changes considerably and wisdom( conventional wisdom) can do little to change things.

no, it really isn't a bad thing to age, unless the woman is earning money for a youthful look. some professions are time-sensitive like modelling or acting to some degree (like professional athletics for men). but most women don't suffer for getting older - it's just part of the natural cycle of life.

i imagine that a woman would find ageing to be terrible if she cared a lot about many men's opinions, but i'd say that they would be happy to know which men are too youth-focused to be a suitable match.

Ageing isn't attractive by any standards, that's why many people try to avoid ageing or get injections to tighten their skin. Ageing isn't desirable to men or women and if you believe it is, you are deluding yourself. There is a lot more awareness now that us younger generation are aware of and ageing factors so we will age slower and people will start to look younger, the standard of ageing will change and how people should look at certain ages will also change as more awareness and technology becomes available.

no, that actually isn't true or we would have a majority of older people languishing in sexless relationships. we don't - they seem perfectly attracted to each other.

there is no delusion involved. elderly people are getting their freak on... with each other. don't allow yourself to get your sociocultural factoids from observing Hollywood and reading tabloids; in the real world, people don't have to look like they are 20 until they die.

most people who look younger and live longer do so because of hereditary factors. lifestyle plays a role, but it is less important than genetics.

Wolfheart
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2012, 3:36 am

hyperlexian wrote:
Wolfheart wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:
Aspie_Chav wrote:
Ageing is a terrible thing, especially for woman. Most things in life can be achieved by wisdom, hard work and persistence. So as time goes by things usually improve. This includes dating for aspies. Aging is the opposite however. Supply and demand changes considerably and wisdom( conventional wisdom) can do little to change things.

no, it really isn't a bad thing to age, unless the woman is earning money for a youthful look. some professions are time-sensitive like modelling or acting to some degree (like professional athletics for men). but most women don't suffer for getting older - it's just part of the natural cycle of life.

i imagine that a woman would find ageing to be terrible if she cared a lot about many men's opinions, but i'd say that they would be happy to know which men are too youth-focused to be a suitable match.

Ageing isn't attractive by any standards, that's why many people try to avoid ageing or get injections to tighten their skin. Ageing isn't desirable to men or women and if you believe it is, you are deluding yourself. There is a lot more awareness now that us younger generation are aware of and ageing factors so we will age slower and people will start to look younger, the standard of ageing will change and how people should look at certain ages will also change as more awareness and technology becomes available.

no, that actually isn't true or we would have a majority of older people languishing in sexless relationships. we don't - they seem perfectly attracted to each other.

there is no delusion involved. elderly people are getting their freak on... with each other. don't allow yourself to get your sociocultural factoids from observing Hollywood and reading tabloids; in the real world, people don't have to look like they are 20 until they die.

most people who look younger and live longer do so because of hereditary factors. lifestyle plays a role, but it is less important than genetics.

I'm not talking about the generation of the 1960s when little was known about skin care, ageing factors, human growth hormone or injections, I'm talking about this generation we are living in now. The technology will only get cheaper until injections are provided to the working class, just as certain privileges the rich had in the Victorian times soon became available to the working class. There will be a new standard of beauty set and there is already a new standard set, models and actress were curvier in the 1960's now they are slimmer when playing roles.

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2012, 4:05 am

skin care regimes have some small impact, but not that much. there are even conflicting studies about whether using moisturiser ha any effect at all, for example. tanning is one of the few lifestyle choices that has a direct effect on the appearance of skin in terms of age. considering that you were advocating tanning in another thread, i would say that you might want to update your knowledge about healthy skin care choices.

regardless of the technology available, many people will not choose to get plastic surgery or injections. most people are happy enough with their natural selves that they don't see the point in that. and there is no reason that they should, as people's natural selves are far more attractive than anything money can buy.

Wolfheart
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2012, 4:17 am

hyperlexian wrote:
skin care regimes have some small impact, but not that much. there are even conflicting studies about whether using moisturiser ha any effect at all, for example. tanning is one of the few lifestyle choices that has a direct effect on the appearance of skin in terms of age. considering that you were advocating tanning in another thread, i would say that you might want to update your knowledge about healthy skin care choices.

regardless of the technology available, many people will not choose to get plastic surgery or injections. most people are happy enough with their natural selves that they don't see the point in that. and there is no reason that they should, as people's natural selves are far more attractive than anything money can buy.

I wasn't advocating tanning as laying under a sun bed in the direct sunlight, there are organic tanning treatments that I use personally. They look very naturally are they are home made from Organic Rose Otto, Jojoba oils, Vitamin E, Lavender & Frankincense and DHA.

Look at Sylvester Stallone, he is verging on 70 and he has the body of someone younger through injections and human growth hormone.

BlueMax
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2012, 4:40 am

Wolfheart wrote:
Look at Sylvester Stallone, he is verging on 70 and he has the body of someone younger through injections and human growth hormone.

There's a booming business in anti-aging creams and treatments... Oprah's brand is based on the regenerative effects from circumcised baby boys' foreskins. :x

I just read an article on China's latest fad of women wearing full-body suits and face masks to the beach, desperate to keep the sun off their skin to remain as youthful as possible.

I wish more people were actually content to age normally - the vast majority don't.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2012, 4:52 am

BlueMax wrote:
Wolfheart wrote:

There's a booming business in anti-aging creams and treatments... Oprah's brand is based on the regenerative effects from circumcised baby boys' foreskins. :x

If the cream was made from afro-American clitoral skin, would Oprah still be promoting it?

but of course, feminists would only talk against the female circ that happen only in few ret*d countries (and in most cases, illegally) but never about male circ which is the default legal procedure for millions of babies in a large part of the world (US, Middle-East, Asia...).

They would often put graphical explanations to demonstrate how painful and negative the female circ procedure is, how often do you see graphical explanations of the male circ in the media?

identity
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2012, 5:14 am

I find this thread kind of offensive although sadly I'm not surprised by it. :roll:

aspi-rant
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2012, 6:13 am

i am very, very, very bad at judging peoples age... :?

i really have no clue how people can guess other people ages. i have blundered countless times… stating a 40 yo looked like 60 or a 15 yo look like 30… or a 25 yo looked like 13…

small kids is a little easier, because you can use the growth curves… hight as an indicator for appr. age.

but adults… horror! :lol:

351Boss
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

22 Aug 2012, 8:51 am

I for one am glad that people are bad at working out ages, I'm frequently aged ten years younger then I really am. Just what a woman wants to hear!! !

hartzofspace
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

22 Aug 2012, 12:28 pm

351Boss wrote:
I for one am glad that people are bad at working out ages, I'm frequently aged ten years younger then I really am. Just what a woman wants to hear!! !

Same here. It's finally starting to catch up, however.

mv
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2012, 12:47 pm

BlueMax wrote:
redrobin62 wrote:
Is it just be, or does anyone else find this thread offensive?

Maybe now would be a good time for me to mention I would TOTALLY go out with the woman from the top picture - I don't find her unattractive at all!

I don't find her unattractive, either (though I don't date/sleep with women).

And for you youngsters in this thread, this is *not* an example of a woman who's "let herself go". She has on nice clothes, jewelry, makeup, and a styled haircut. I doubt she's 40 (I think she's older); if the article says she's 40, I'm guessing her PR people told them to print "40" for exactly the kinds of prejudice we're seeing in this thread.

BlueMax
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2012, 3:04 pm

mv wrote:
BlueMax wrote:
redrobin62 wrote:

Maybe now would be a good time for me to mention I would TOTALLY go out with the woman from the top picture - I don't find her unattractive at all!

And for you youngsters in this thread, this is *not* an example of a woman who's "let herself go". She has on nice clothes, jewelry, makeup, and a styled haircut. I doubt she's 40 (I think she's older); if the article says she's 40, I'm guessing her PR people told them to print "40" for exactly the kinds of prejudice we're seeing in this thread.

Bang on correct, lady. ;) I can only hope I look as nice as she in another 10 years!

You meanies want to see "let themselves go" go hang around "the people of Walmart"... ;)

DialAForAwesome
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2012, 8:45 pm

DaBeef2112 wrote:
Actually I do agree blacks seem to look younger than their real age but I find Asians look even more so. I've meet late 30s Asians that looked like teenagers. However it seems to catch up with them in there sixties and they rappidly start looking way older than they are.

I'm black AND autistic and look about 9 or 10 years younger than what I am, so I'm a real life example of this. But it's not true for everyone.

Interestingly, my dad, when he was 65, looked about 45. He only started really aging looks-wise when he got cancer. My mom is 51 now but looks about 35.

Venger
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2012, 11:22 pm

DialAForAwesome wrote:

I'm black AND autistic and look about 9 or 10 years younger than what I am, so I'm a real life example of this. But it's not true for everyone.

You look 13 years old? uh yeah right

spongy
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2012, 1:38 am

Aspie_Chav wrote:
spongy wrote:
Some people of both genders give up on companionship at a certain age and let themselves go and Im pretty sure that this is what we are seeing here.

Surly not. This is the Right Honourable Yvette Cooper from the Labour Party.

Im sorry for being unaware of who she was.
That said a quick search displays recent images that have little/nothing to do with the one you posted and some of the people on the media make a point to find the worst image of someone that they have on archive when they dont agree with said person.
Its a bit sad but Ive found that its pretty common.
Not saying that she looks like the official pictures but I believe that the reality would be somewhere on the middle.

mv wrote:
BlueMax wrote:
redrobin62 wrote:

Im sorry if my wording offended you mv but I can assure you that she does not look like most local 40 year olds and I typed it with that in mind. Our background is completely different but I made a point to take those that are somewhat open about cosmetic surgery out of the equation.

There were probably better ways of saying what I said but Im not that knowledgeable in English yet and its a pretty common expression so its the first thing that came to mind and I probably should have just stayed away from this thread.

machf
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

23 Aug 2012, 5:55 pm

DialAForAwesome wrote:
DaBeef2112 wrote:
Actually I do agree blacks seem to look younger than their real age but I find Asians look even more so. I've meet late 30s Asians that looked like teenagers. However it seems to catch up with them in there sixties and they rappidly start looking way older than they are.

Interestingly, my dad, when he was 65, looked about 45. He only started really aging looks-wise when he got cancer. My mom is 51 now but looks about 35.

I'm not black, but my grandmother (who was of Italian descent) died at 90 and she looked like 70. Now my mother (half German) is approaching 80 and looks like 60 or so. And in the past, people have thought I was several years younger. Even a couple of months ago, my former schoolmates commented that I "haven't changed a bit since then". Yes, I believe it is genetic, but also the effects of exposure to external agents. I saw a former schoolmate on TV a few years ago, and her skin looked very bad (haven't seen her in person lately, she didn't attend that reunion at the last minute), but my other schoolmates don't look that bad...