Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2012, 6:40 pm

http://news.yahoo.com/photos/adopt-a-gu ... 47087.html

Looks like a cute concept. A bit like shopping for a puppy.

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2012, 6:47 pm

Hehe *puts himself up for adoption*

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

JanuaryMan
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2012, 6:58 pm

If you're lucky, Angelina Jolie might adopt!

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Half of me is in the Washington state, the other Los Angeles.

12 Sep 2012, 7:22 pm

What AspieOtaku said. :D

The Canadian Football League - What We're Made Of

Feel free to talk to me, if you wish. :)

Every day is a gift- cherish it!

"A true, true friend helps a friend in need."

Weiss_Yohji
Toucan
Toucan

12 Sep 2012, 8:10 pm

AspieOtaku wrote:
Hehe *puts himself up for adoption*

^^ This.

GiantHockeyFan
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2012, 9:31 pm

I'm surprised someone hasn't come up with a 'dating' store. Since so many women are leery of online dating, what a great way to get to know someone in a safe and controlled manner. No more awkward first dates, no more trying to figure out who's single and no hiding behind a pretentious internet profile.

Plodder
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2012, 9:49 pm

GiantHockeyFan wrote:
I'm surprised someone hasn't come up with a 'dating' store. Since so many women are leery of online dating, what a great way to get to know someone in a safe and controlled manner. No more awkward first dates, no more trying to figure out who's single and no hiding behind a pretentious internet profile.

What about people who A. like to stay indoors and don't like going out and B. don't want the whole world to know they're desperately seeking love?

A "dating store" would be a huge hassle, due to actually having to leave your house and go somewhere, rather than just browsing anonymously from the comfort of your own home.

spongy
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2012, 9:58 pm

I have a feeling this could end up like russian brides(a lot of them are in extreme situations of need(money/a green card...) and once they sort that out they leave their husbands.
Its very sad because quite a lot of them dont research this sort of thing properly

Rorberyllium
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2012, 9:07 am

I wouldn't mind being "adopted" by someone but I'd hope they wouldn't think of me as "a guy".

BanjoGirl
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2012, 9:31 am

Surely it's creative propaganda of a yet unknown product. All the men of the photos are very attractive, the photographed female visitors are very attractive too, and the props are very "visual" and "commercial".

BlueMax
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2012, 10:18 am

BanjoGirl wrote:
Surely it's creative propaganda of a yet unknown product. All the men of the photos are very attractive, the photographed female visitors are very attractive too, and the props are very "visual" and "commercial".

Go figure... the ones being advertised are often the ones who we'd think don't need help finding someone...

...then again, there's a lot of us on this site alone that are very attractive people that may as well be radioactive because we're not finding anyone, or only attracting the wrong people, etc.

[makes sad puppy eyes in the shop window] Take me home and wuv me fowevvur?

Stalk
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2012, 10:22 am

BlueMax wrote:
BanjoGirl wrote:

Go figure... the ones being advertised are often the ones who we'd think don't need help finding someone...

...then again, there's a lot of us on this site alone that are very attractive people that may as well be radioactive because we're not finding anyone, or only attracting the wrong people, etc.

LMAO

slovaksiren
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2012, 10:33 am

Reminds me of those mail-order brides except mail-order grooms. I'm sure in places like China where the male-female ratio is extremely unequal that, that is possible.

But yeah, I'm willing to adopt a guy. I'm sure it is just like adopting a kitten... well... not really.

Still, I wish dating didn't take so much effort. Sometimes I tell my mother "Mom, can't you just set up an arranged marriage for me after I get my bachelor's degree? I mean, it would be so much easier and I mean, I am voluntarily asking you." my mom just laughed thinking that I wasn't being serious.

GiantHockeyFan
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2012, 10:35 am

BlueMax wrote:

Tell me about it! It would be much easier if I wasn't that good looking but I know I have what women should desire: the whole tall, dark and handsome stereotype. That, coupled with my recent weight loss and muscle gain and my cheerful nature SHOULD in theory attract the right women but I'm only attracting the stereotypical 'bad girls'. I don't get it: I might be big but I don't do the whole macho male BS.

I almost wanted to change my dating profiles to say "I give up. What the %@#% do you want? Superman?" This puppy is long overdue for a good home!

BanjoGirl
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2012, 11:26 am

BlueMax wrote:
BanjoGirl wrote:

Ha ha, you have to look badass through the glass then you will be a bestseller! No, in fact I like the puppy-next-to-the-glass-with-imploring-glance alternative.

Being attractive and intelligent and being alone is not uncommon, you know, the top of the pyramid has not a lot of capacity :P. It's what I like to think. Luck is also a factor, you have to be in the right place, in the right time, in the right mood and with the right people, and they have to be in the right mood too.

Sure all those guys of that French store do modelling. By the way, notice that the most photographed guys are the "adventurers" (they pretend to evoke the sexyness and "badassism" of Indiana Jones) and the "well dressed man with piercing glance" is clearly James Bond :lol: They are arquetypes. Deliverate propaganda! It would be great if this was really a intelligent parody.

helles
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2012, 12:05 pm

Well, wouldn´t mind adopt a guy. But with quite some demands.
Like:
Fairly good looking (not nessesarily the sterotypical sixpack square jaw kind of guy, just not hugely overweight)
Good job
Intelligent (more intelligent than me)
Willing to live in the countryside in DK tending a huge garden
And willing to take care of four kids
Oh... and I should know him for quite a while as well

Well - just not that many applicants :-)

Edit: Maybe I should just stick to post in the "post here when drunk" thread. Normally I find things like this quite demeaning, if it is not downright silly or arty

Last edited by helles on 13 Sep 2012, 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.