What is the main reason why guys have to do the approaching?

Page 27 of 31 [ 490 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next

MXH
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2012, 2:55 am

aspiesandra27 wrote:
MXH thanks for explaining it like that. But that's not how it came across when he said it.

hence why i explained it in a way most would understand. Its a concept I understand well since i did live it in highschool.

BlueMax
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2012, 2:55 am

^^^ Kitty had 75 bad dates.... and now she has a full harem. ;)

mds_02
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2012, 3:01 am

Kjas wrote:
Mds: :lol:
Why do you sound surprised for that?
I'm yonger than you.
It took me a long time to learn the rules since I had nobody to teach me - I had to learn the hard way.

Jesus, you really are younger. By a fair amount. I didn't realize that.

So, the fact that you're only a little less successful than me; does that make you extra mature, or does it make me an imbecilic man-child?

Mind you, the first does not preclude the possibility of the second.

Kjas
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2012, 3:33 am

BlueMax wrote:
^^^ Kitty had 75 bad dates.... and now she has a full harem. ;)

Sadly - the harem only exsists online. :razz:
I may be forced to give it up in a few months anyway. :lol:
Until then - it's not too late to join. ;)

mds_02 wrote:
Jesus, you really are younger. By a fair amount. I didn't realize that.

So, the fact that you're only a little less successful than me; does that make you extra mature, or does it make me an imbecilic man-child?

Mind you, the first does not preclude the possibility of the second.

:lmao:

Or option 3: I get so frustrated by being unable to do things that I turn into stubborn, crazy-girl-on-a-mission until I figure out how to do it? Which would make me insane.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2012, 3:37 am

Kjas wrote:
mds_02 wrote:
J-Greens wrote:
Let's continue the car analogy,

At least the woman's car has started. She's managed to turn the ignition and pow! power and the engine grumbles into life. It works! Other parts of the car come to life, heating, radio etc...she knows the car works but needs fixing...whereas for the guy, who can't even get started, where is the problem? Ignition? Engine? Key? A car that doesn't work is at best worth scrap.

I understand what you're saying. But people's minds just don't work that way. The only thing either person ends up thinking is "Something is wrong with my car (me). My car is (I am) broken."

I undertand that the guys who are making these complaints aren't in a position to see this for themselves. But I've learned from experience that having a bad relationship or two under your belt does not lessen the feeling of loneliness, nor does it lessen the feeling that there is something wrong with you.

Bad past relationships are not the comfort that some seem to think they are.

The majority of those complaining here have not made any serious effort.

For all the crap that some guys on here keep spewing - they conveniently forget that I had to go on over 75+ first dates in order to get anywhere in my dating life (which resulted in 2 boyfriends - now actually consider that ratio) - otherwise I wouldn;t have any dating experience. (loooooooong story, don't ask - it's not what you think)
I don't see them getting serious and making an effort to do that kind of thing - they seem to think that going on 6 dates or asking out 12 women is enough, and they expect to have a girlfriend - it doesn't happen like that.

Women have to make an effort too you know.

But out of those 73 dates, how many you rejected and how many you got rejected? By estimation.

mds_02
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2012, 3:47 am

Kjas wrote:
:lmao:

Or option 3: I get so frustrated by being unable to do things that I turn into stubborn, crazy-girl-on-a-mission until I figure out how to do it? Which would make me insane.

Ahh, so you do what I do.

Turn into crazy-girl-on-a-mission.

Drives my girlfriend crazy. She's always saying stuff like "I know your just trying to make sense of a difficult and often hostile world, but you have something of a one track mind and, besides which, do you really need to wear my underwear while you do it?"

To which I respond "Quiet female! I'm not gonna let you hold me back! And they make me feel pretty."

Last edited by mds_02 on 19 Nov 2012, 3:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kjas
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2012, 3:47 am

^^^
Can't help it - curiousity, stubborness and various other personality traits result in it. Aspie trait maybe?
*must figure out how it works! I refuse to sleep until I do!* :razz:
You can't take a social process apart physically like you can a car - but you can still do it mentally.

Boo: The first 50% or more, all rejected me.
I was still learning the rules and making stupid mistakes - not keeping eye contact enough, completely missing their signals in regards to touching me, spending too long on the date, inappropriate conversational topics, not asking the right kinds of questions or too much or too little, etc.

After that, I managed the basics, I could sit back and watch them more myself - assess more carefully. I also started being more selective about who I was accepting on a date by that point. Eventually the ratio ended up leveling out to 50/50 rejection by each side by the last 12 dates.

J-Greens
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2012, 10:38 am

Kjas wrote:
I don't see them getting serious and making an effort to do that kind of thing - they seem to think that going on 6 dates or asking out 12 women is enough, and they expect to have a girlfriend - it doesn't happen like that.

Fair enough, I haven't made a serious effort to go approaching, because I'm trying to rebuild the self-esteem I lost when I last approached and got rejected. There is no infinite pool of self-esteem, and bit by bit it's been taken away from me to the point where there is none. How can I approach if I don't have the confidence inside me to even believe I'll get anywhere?

But the fact is, I have never been on one date. Let alone seventy-five.
So how can I build the experience required when I can't get even get one date? You can't learn experience!

ManicDan
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

19 Nov 2012, 12:53 pm

J-Greens wrote:

Fair enough, I haven't made a serious effort to go approaching, because I'm trying to rebuild the self-esteem I lost when I last approached and got rejected. There is no infinite pool of self-esteem, and bit by bit it's been taken away from me to the point where there is none.

this is very valid. im tired of people saying "what have you got to lose" as if rejection does nothing to a person.

aspies are generally not going to be impressive with looked at with a quick glance. can you maybe change jobs to try and meet more people that way? or take on new hobbies with social groups outside your own? thats why i picked up archery.

aspiesandra27
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2012, 1:04 pm

I am with Kjas (turning into a habit :wink: ) I persist until I am near perfection. If I was to count the number of ties I was rejected, I would be here for a loooong time. I used to take it so personally, until I became an actress and learnt that being rejected is just a normal part of life. I still feel like I'm worthless a lot of times, I just hide it better, and that has consequently led people to believe, that I am more confident than I really am.

Then I come home, and rock for hours. :roll:

Shatbat
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2012, 3:24 pm

75 first dates, oh my 8O I wonder what is your definition of a date, but in any way I look at it that's a lot! I've only been in like three proper first dates :lol: Although the number of different women I've tried to approach can't be too far from that number, at first many of them were spectacular failures but then I got better :lol:

Kjas
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2012, 3:41 pm

ManicDan wrote:
J-Greens wrote:

Fair enough, I haven't made a serious effort to go approaching, because I'm trying to rebuild the self-esteem I lost when I last approached and got rejected. There is no infinite pool of self-esteem, and bit by bit it's been taken away from me to the point where there is none.

this is very valid. im tired of people saying "what have you got to lose" as if rejection does nothing to a person.

aspies are generally not going to be impressive with looked at with a quick glance. can you maybe change jobs to try and meet more people that way? or take on new hobbies with social groups outside your own? thats why i picked up archery.

I did that as part of getting my confidence back (I used it have it before that but I managed to lose it) - I didn't have any to start with when I started dating then - it was part of the reason I choose to do it. And if you focus on learning the process, then the rejection won't bother you anywhere near as much, if at all. You're learning a new skill - that's it. Keep it that way until you know what you're doing with that new skill.

And a new hobby doesn't hurt either. In fact that made it way easier to get out of the house in the first place since I would have to go out for that in the first place.

Sandra: There was a lotof rocking once at home. Dating is hell like that. :lol:
I can't count the number of times I came home and rocked in the corner.

Shat: Well - I didn't include the two who fell into my lap with no work needed. They don't count - outsince of the timeline I am talking about and also no effort - also you can guess which ones they were. :lol:
A date was anything where I knew it was a date - or anything that they planned to be one without telling me - if it was with open intentions of getting an indicator of romantic interest.

WantToHaveALife
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2012, 4:51 pm

because like Einstein said about insanity: "doing, repeating the same thing over and over and expecting different results" i wish i knew if there was a simple logical way to approach and pursue girls the right way to reduce my chances of rejection or friend-zoned

Adam82
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2012, 5:01 am

J-Greens wrote:
Kjas wrote:

Fair enough, I haven't made a serious effort to go approaching, because I'm trying to rebuild the self-esteem I lost when I last approached and got rejected. There is no infinite pool of self-esteem, and bit by bit it's been taken away from me to the point where there is none. How can I approach if I don't have the confidence inside me to even believe I'll get anywhere?

But the fact is, I have never been on one date. Let alone seventy-five.
So how can I build the experience required when I can't get even get one date? You can't learn experience!

Yeah. Rejection can't be just brushed off, by all people. Certainly not by me. It hurts, for a long time, usually. After repeated rejections, it becomes tempting to not bother trying approaching anyone anymore.

steviewonderau
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

21 Nov 2012, 6:38 am

Most women do not want quiet, shy, nice guys. They regard males being quiet, shy and nice as weak or pushovers. Women want a man who is confident, strong and may be a total jerk,. Females usually prefer the bad boy over the sissy nice guy. Some guys who do not make it must change their game or just accept things will never change.

Venger
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2012, 6:53 am

steviewonderau wrote:
Most women do not want quiet, shy, nice guys. They regard males being quiet, shy and nice as weak or pushovers. Women want a man who is confident, strong and may be a total jerk,. Females usually prefer the bad boy over the sissy nice guy. Some guys who do not make it must change their game or just accept things will never change.

lol, The word in bold sounds like you're from the 1950s or something although what you said is true for the most part.