Page 1 of 4 [ 52 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2012, 8:03 pm

It seems as time goes by it gets harder and harder to trust anyone.I am beginning to doubt true love is possible in this day and age for a guy like me.

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

Blammo
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

21 Sep 2012, 9:52 pm

I feel the same way, but I believe it's out there. Somewhere. Sometimes you have to search, sometimes it falls into your lap. Sometimes true love flies away and you have to either chase it or wait for it to come back. Not very helpful, but it is my opinion.

Your Aspie score: 121 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 107 of 200 You seem to have both Aspie and neurotypical traits

AngryMacrophage
Butterfly
Butterfly

21 Sep 2012, 11:28 pm

AspieOtaku wrote:
It seems as time goes by it gets harder and harder to trust anyone.I am beginning to doubt true love is possible in this day and age for a guy like me.

Yes. "True love" should be grouped together with unicorns and Santa Clause. I have never seen either one of those 3. Some relationships may appear as "true love" if one of the partnets has some alternative motives like financial benefit or whatever else...

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

22 Sep 2012, 12:55 am

It depends what you consider to be true love. I think it's generally loving someone with all your heart & wanting what's best for them even if it's not with you & i felt that way about both my ex girlfriend & I still feel that way about them & I feel that way about my current girlfriend

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2012, 1:52 am

AngryMacrophage wrote:
AspieOtaku wrote:

Yes. "True love" should be grouped together with unicorns and Santa Clause. I have never seen either one of those 3. Some relationships may appear as "true love" if one of the partnets has some alternative motives like financial benefit or whatever else...
Its sad but true.How you said it made me laugh.Funny sad and true at the same time.

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

1000Knives
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2012, 3:25 am

I think it's true, but not many people find it, those that find it and pursue it are even less. I'd assume "true love" is responsible for like 1% of relationships. The rest of relationships are caused by people who get a combination of being bored and lonely, and/or dumb and horny. I got that quote/idea from the song from the Cowboy Bebop movie below, and my friend (first person I knew diagnosed with Aspergers) when he heard the song was like "yeah, that describes like all relationships right there."

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCsaChVWWZ4[/youtube]

It is fun to dream about, though, the whole concept of "true love" and all, and I find it fascinating. The question for me is if I'll find "true love" again, or when/if I get bored and lonely and dumb and horny. Only time will tell.

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2012, 4:21 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LFtNs5TgIM&feature=related[/youtube]

Surfman
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2012, 1:02 pm

It certainly looks that way from the outside. My courtship with a goose was very committed, those girls and guys play 100% and give new meaning to loyal.

Love is a relationship built on trust, a sweet responsibility, never an opportunity....

Love is like a plant, it gives back as much to the planet, as it needs to grow. Plant and nurture love, and/or make machines instead

Magnus_Rex
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2012, 1:29 pm

I know nothing about love, therefore, you should not value my opinion of it. But from what I have observed so far, "true love" is truly a load of crap. It seems to be impossible for people to love one person forever. People eventually get tired of each other. Loving one person to the exclusion of everything else is actually called "obsession", and I am currently very familiar with it. :(

Sorry for this terrible joke, by the way.

Surfman
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2012, 1:33 pm

Love can be true, otherwise it is not love

Magnus_Rex
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2012, 1:41 pm

Surfman wrote:
Love can be true, otherwise it is not love

That makes sense.

We really need to define...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVmbhYKDKfU[/youtube]

8)

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2012, 2:20 pm

It is practically impossible to trust anyone. People out to use you and dump you for their their satisfaction I guess some are so heartless that I consider alot of them monsters.[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFgI_6JPvHo[/youtube]"There are many types of monsters in this world,monsters who will not show themselves and who cause trouble,monsters who abduct children, monsters who devour dreams, monsters who suck blood, and monsters who will always tell lies. Lying monsters are a real nuisance, they are much more cunning than other monsters they pose as humans even though they have no understanding of the human heart. They eat even though they have never experienced hunger, they study even though they have no interest in academics, they seek friendship even though they do not know how to love. If I were to encounter such a monster I would likely be eaten by it, because in truth I am that monster." ( L from Deathnote )

Magnus_Rex
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2012, 3:05 pm

I usually trust people, but I am too proud to ask for their help. If I ask for somebody's help, it is because I really do not know what to do without it.

Considering how much I "spill the beans" here on WP, despite having my real face as my avatar for everybody to see, maybe I am a little too trusting. Although, to be honest, I do not think anybody I know in real life would ever find this site, which probably means I am not really trusting, but reckless.

I guess I could be defined as a monster, too. Not a lying monster, but a monster who does not care about people and can admit it while keeping a straight face.

Surfman
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2012, 9:36 pm

Some people have been hurt too much, and may never love ever again.
I know what that feels like...

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2012, 11:37 pm

Surfman wrote:
Some people have been hurt too much, and may never love ever again.
I know what that feels like...
I know how that feels like as well and fear being hurt again.

Einfari
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2012, 11:39 pm

I don't really believe in true love because it really is a Hollywood created idea to me. It is possible for two people to have a good, lasing relationship although these chances are slim I wouldn't call a lasting relationship true love because I believe that there is more than one person in the world that someone could have a lasting relationship with. I have never really felt as if two people were really "made for each other." That for the most part is Hollywood nonsense.