so what are shy men suppose to do

Page 1 of 7 [ 106 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

billiscool
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 5 Feb 2006
Age: 37
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,989

06 Nov 2012, 10:54 am

since most women don't want to approach men and how shyness is view as ''weakness''.
So are shy men who are nervous around women just screwed?
What are they suppose to do?. Stay single and not have a relationship?
Some men are not just not good with women, period.
So should shy men just throw in towel becomes monk and live a celebacy lifestyle.
Women are not going to approach these men anytimes soon unless there is
some cert of culture change but I don't think that going to happen.
I have a chances of getting a girlfriend because I can go up and talk to a woman,
but I feel sorry for men who can't even do that and how they get insulted all the time for
not being able to approach a woman.



Uprising
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 9 Jan 2012
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,908

06 Nov 2012, 11:01 am

billiscool wrote:
since most women don't want to approach men and how shyness is view as ''weakness''.
So are shy men who are nervous around women just screwed?
What are they suppose to do?. Stay single and not have a relationship?
Some men are not just not good with women, period.
So should shy men just throw in towel becomes monk and live a celebacy lifestyle.
Women are not going to approach these men anytimes soon unless there is
some cert of culture change but I don't think that going to happen.
I have a chances of getting a girlfriend because I can go up and talk to a woman,
but I feel sorry for men who can't even do that and how they get insulted all the time for
not being able to approach a woman.

This basically...

People don't really think about the bad aspects of relationships and sex don't they?

Unwanted pregnancy, STD's, false accusions of rape, your girlfriend telling you how much you suck in bed, your girlfriend cheating on you, stinky breaths, your dick snapping, ect...



1000Knives
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 8 Jul 2011
Age: 29
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,036
Location: CT, USA

06 Nov 2012, 11:13 am

It depends on how bad you want things. I figure people who want a relationship will get one eventually. It may not be what they expected, just as if you buy a BMW and then you end up getting killed on maintenance costs or something, it's just how life is. Humans are adaptable, so if the guys are shy or whatever, they simply will have to be unshy eventually if they want the relationship. Helen Keller, for example, overcame being blind and deaf. Mind you, she had crazy determination, and crazy determined teachers and support. If you're determined enough, you will be able to do anything, or at least die trying.

Weightlifting and sports I guess teaches this. Think of it this way, 100KG is always 100KG. When you first start you may only be able to lift 50kg. When other people first started, some may have been able to lift 40kg, some 80. However, if you wanna lift 100KG, you'll have to practice and try hard to lift 100. What it takes is right technique and dedication and determination. You can usually compensate for determination with technique and vice versa, in my experience, or sheer determination will eventually lead to gaining technique, since your goal is to accomplish lifting, say 100KG. It's also possible to train all your life, and only ever end up lifting 90 or something. Hell, you could end up breaking your back and never being able to lift ever. That's the risk you take, that things may not pan out, your dreams won't come true, etc. However, you guarantee yourself failure by not trying. Other times, you can determine it's not worth it to aim for lifting 100KG. I don't think there's anyone in the world who if you gave them an offer of being able to lift 100KG or something with no strings attached, that they'd turn it down, just most people wouldn't want to do the actual work it takes to get there, and fail a few thousand times at attempts below it. And that's fine. Just don't complain about how you can't lift 100KG if you're never going to the gym.

In my case, I dunno, I've decided per the metaphor, that it's not worth it to try hard towards a relationship right now, as I looked at the costs and I don't want to pay them. Most of the world believes differently, and puts much of their effort into attaining relationships with other humans.

Lastly, you'd be surprised how many girls may actually like you. I used to think no girls liked me at all. But then later my friends told me I was wrong, and many did, and I'd even misinterpreted things girls said or did towards me showing attraction due to my Aspergers.



Mindsigh
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 29 May 2012
Age: 54
Gender: Female
Posts: 3,272
Location: Ailleurs

06 Nov 2012, 11:14 am

Brittle-Dick Syndrome?? That's a new one. 8O


_________________
"Lonely is as lonely does.
Lonely is an eyesore."


Stargazer43
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 Nov 2011
Age: 34
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,604

06 Nov 2012, 11:51 am

Well my friend, you have several options. The first that I would recommend is to start working on self-improvement. Exercise, eat healthy, try to take up some interesting hobbies, get your personal/work life in good shape, and all that jazz. Someone who does all of that will come across as much more interesting to potential partners than someone who doesn't. Maybe read up on a few things too...impress the ladies with your knowledge ;). Another thing I'd recommend is trying online dating. I was personally a bit skeptical of it myself, but I've been having pretty decent success with it. I went from having one date every 5 years to 2-3 a month since I started. Unfortunately it hasn't worked out with any of them yet, but I have met some really nice women through it and if nothing else it does give you that much more opportunity.



PTSmorrow
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 13 Mar 2011
Age: 61
Gender: Male
Posts: 719

06 Nov 2012, 12:14 pm

I'm not shy, but basically uninterested. The result is that women were always talking me into affairs and the like. It took me a long time to learn how to stick to my boundaries and say no.

One can have wonderful friendships with members of the opposite sex as long as they avoid romantic and sexual entanglements.

Sex and relationships are largely overestimated and barely ever worth the effort. If you're in a relationship, you only double your trouble. The belief that people "need" sex is only a social myth. People need clean air and water, food and shelter, but not sex. The alleged need for it is only caused by the bombardment of more or less subtle sexual messages in the sense of "sex sells".



Maerlyn138
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

User avatar

Joined: 2 Nov 2005
Age: 48
Gender: Male
Posts: 499
Location: The Island of Misfit Toys

06 Nov 2012, 12:27 pm

PTSmorrow wrote:
I'm not shy, but basically uninterested. The result is that women were always talking me into affairs and the like. It took me a long time to learn how to stick to my boundaries and say no.

One can have wonderful friendships with members of the opposite sex as long as they avoid romantic and sexual entanglements.

Sex and relationships are largely overestimated and barely ever worth the effort. If you're in a relationship, you only double your trouble. The belief that people "need" sex is only a social myth. People need clean air and water, food and shelter, but not sex. The alleged need for it is only caused by the bombardment of more or less subtle sexual messages in the sense of "sex sells".


Needing sex is not a social myth. It has many positive benefits to the body and mind.


_________________
We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.

Aspie score: 159 of 200 NT score: 64 of 200


PTSmorrow
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 13 Mar 2011
Age: 61
Gender: Male
Posts: 719

06 Nov 2012, 1:46 pm

Maerlyn138 wrote:

Needing sex is not a social myth. It has many positive benefits to the body and mind.


Positive benefits are very much dependent on the target and particular circumstances of a study.

And for each benefit there's also a serious danger, for instance the loss of important trace elements by ejaculation. Everyone can live without sex as well, look at monks and nuns, and in both male and female celibates the abstinence does definitely not cause any health problems.

There is yet another problem caused by frequent orgasms in both sexes, known as post--coital blues, a significant drop in dopamine levels which makes people grumpy or depressed.

In no way I'm trying to say, however, that sex is always a bad thing. What is bad about it is recreational sex and the perceived need for it. Thereby, people are being reduced to objects of sexual pleasure.

People are in no way happier nowadays than they were before the so--called sexual revolution; the occurrence of STDs and unwanted pregnancies has even dramatically increased. Relationships solely based on sexual attraction are almost always doomed to fail.

Seriously, I can't see benefits of sex to the mind.

However, it's not sex itself that is bad, it is the way we treat it. Like an everyday, mundane gratification. In this way, it becomes the equivalent of junk food.



wtfid2
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 9 Aug 2012
Age: 31
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,712
Location: usa

06 Nov 2012, 2:16 pm

Uprising wrote:
billiscool wrote:
since most women don't want to approach men and how shyness is view as ''weakness''.
So are shy men who are nervous around women just screwed?
What are they suppose to do?. Stay single and not have a relationship?
Some men are not just not good with women, period.
So should shy men just throw in towel becomes monk and live a celebacy lifestyle.
Women are not going to approach these men anytimes soon unless there is
some cert of culture change but I don't think that going to happen.
I have a chances of getting a girlfriend because I can go up and talk to a woman,
but I feel sorry for men who can't even do that and how they get insulted all the time for
not being able to approach a woman.

This basically...

your dick snapping, ect...
???


_________________
AQ 25

Your Aspie score: 101 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 111 of 200
You seem to have both Aspie and neurotypical traits


Uprising
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 9 Jan 2012
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,908

06 Nov 2012, 2:18 pm

wtfid2 wrote:
Uprising wrote:
billiscool wrote:
since most women don't want to approach men and how shyness is view as ''weakness''.
So are shy men who are nervous around women just screwed?
What are they suppose to do?. Stay single and not have a relationship?
Some men are not just not good with women, period.
So should shy men just throw in towel becomes monk and live a celebacy lifestyle.
Women are not going to approach these men anytimes soon unless there is
some cert of culture change but I don't think that going to happen.
I have a chances of getting a girlfriend because I can go up and talk to a woman,
but I feel sorry for men who can't even do that and how they get insulted all the time for
not being able to approach a woman.

This basically...

your dick snapping, ect...
???

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20071203150727AAvvWJC



DialAForAwesome
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 Oct 2011
Age: 32
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,189
Location: That place with the thing

06 Nov 2012, 2:21 pm

Uprising wrote:


My god, the answers to that question! :lol:


_________________
I don't trust anyone because I'm cynical.
I'm cynical because I don't trust anyone.


Yuzu
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 28 Dec 2011
Gender: Female
Posts: 1,169
Location: Bay area, California

06 Nov 2012, 2:21 pm

billiscool wrote:
since most women don't want to approach men and how shyness is view as ''weakness''.
So are shy men who are nervous around women just screwed?
What are they suppose to do?. Stay single and not have a relationship?
Some men are not just not good with women, period.
So should shy men just throw in towel becomes monk and live a celebacy lifestyle.
Women are not going to approach these men anytimes soon unless there is
some cert of culture change but I don't think that going to happen.
I have a chances of getting a girlfriend because I can go up and talk to a woman,
but I feel sorry for men who can't even do that and how they get insulted all the time for
not being able to approach a woman.


Why do you care so much about other men being shy and unable to approach women?
Wouldn't it be less competition for you if other men are too shy to approach women?



Uprising
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 9 Jan 2012
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,908

06 Nov 2012, 2:27 pm

DialAForAwesome wrote:
Uprising wrote:


My god, the answers to that question! :lol:

Duh, it's Yahoo Answers, what do you expect?



DialAForAwesome
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 Oct 2011
Age: 32
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,189
Location: That place with the thing

06 Nov 2012, 2:28 pm

Usually the answers are 4 times as stupid and not nearly as funny.


_________________
I don't trust anyone because I'm cynical.
I'm cynical because I don't trust anyone.


thewhitrbbit
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 30 May 2012
Age: 34
Gender: Male
Posts: 3,124

06 Nov 2012, 3:00 pm

Quote:
And for each benefit there's also a serious danger, for instance the loss of important trace elements by ejaculation.


Wow...that's stretch armstroning it.

How do you explain wet dreams? If it were such a serious danger, humanity wouldn't have those.

As for the original question, try to adapt and overcome.



AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Feb 2012
Age: 38
Gender: Male
Posts: 13,051
Location: San Jose

06 Nov 2012, 4:59 pm

Fly to Japan? hehe


_________________
Your Aspie score is 193 of 200
Your neurotypical score is 40 of 200
You are very likely an aspie
No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList