The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2012, 6:20 am

billiscool wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Quote:
so what are shy men suppose to do

They must evolve to non-shy, men have no other option in this one.

yeah but it's not easy for shy men.

The men (males) cannot be shy when it comes to dating.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Love-shyness

The love-shyness is described as an heterosexual male condition, surely some heterosexual females have the same levels of shyness but it doesn't seem affect their love life hence why it wouldn't be called 'love-shyness' in their case.

BlueMax
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2012, 10:22 pm

^^^ I still believe in a chance of love... there were even a few potentials right on this site!

...your words brought a cold wave a sadness. :(

steviewonderau
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

12 Nov 2012, 8:41 pm

Most shy guys probably have Aspergers. He would have to find someone who also has Aspergers. Online dating sites have low success rates but they may be the only way of finding someone. Aspergers find it very hard talking to people face to face because they do not have the confidence and they are overwhelmed by anxiety.

Shatbat
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2012, 3:15 am

^ pst JanuaryMan that Boo guy likes taking with himself. I wouldn't trust him if I were you

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2012, 3:53 am

Oh mirror, mirror, tell me; who's the sexiest guy on wp?

Kinme
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2012, 3:59 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

Shatbat is.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2012, 4:34 am

Kinme wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

Shatbat is.

Thank you.

My assassin is on the way.

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2012, 7:33 am

the off-topic discussion about rape and divorce has been split to a new thread located here:

http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt215292.html

Jono
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2012, 1:44 pm

billiscool wrote:
since most women don't want to approach men and how shyness is view as ''weakness''.
So are shy men who are nervous around women just screwed?
What are they suppose to do?. Stay single and not have a relationship?
Some men are not just not good with women, period.
So should shy men just throw in towel becomes monk and live a celebacy lifestyle.
Women are not going to approach these men anytimes soon unless there is
some cert of culture change but I don't think that going to happen.
I have a chances of getting a girlfriend because I can go up and talk to a woman,
but I feel sorry for men who can't even do that and how they get insulted all the time for
not being able to approach a woman.

The main advice that I get is to ask women within your social circle rather than complete strangers. However, if you social circle is small, then online dating sites might help. Maybe they don't work for everyone but I did in fact get a few dates out of OKCupid.

Kinme
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2012, 4:44 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Kinme wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

Shatbat is.

Thank you.

My assassin is on the way.

Lololololololol.

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2012, 9:05 pm

Get drunk and cry in a corner because were un loveable.

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

Shatbat
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2012, 9:13 pm

I'm still wondering which is the acceptable amount of bragging I'm entitled to after being called the sexiest guy on wp :lol:.

I read not too long ago about a hitman who fell in love with his mark and refused to kill her. That assassin better not be gay :P

13 Nov 2012, 9:19 pm

PTSmorrow wrote:
I'm not shy, but basically uninterested. The result is that women were always talking me into affairs and the like. It took me a long time to learn how to stick to my boundaries and say no.

One can have wonderful friendships with members of the opposite sex as long as they avoid romantic and sexual entanglements.

Sex and relationships are largely overestimated and barely ever worth the effort. If you're in a relationship, you only double your trouble. The belief that people "need" sex is only a social myth. People need clean air and water, food and shelter, but not sex. The alleged need for it is only caused by the bombardment of more or less subtle sexual messages in the sense of "sex sells".

If you don't have any need/want for sex well that's great. However, you are not going to convince those of us who do to feel differently my friend. Even if it is in our best interests to do so. If I knew how to turn off my sex drive, I would do so in a heartbeat and then turn it back on again once I could indulge it. Does salt peter work?

I've never understood why women are always gravitating towards guys like you who are clearly not interested in relationships nor in sex but are often turned off by/complaining about guys who are interested in it and want a woman to sleep with. What is it about the female of the human species that is always wanting whatever it is they haven't got or cannot have...... :?

unduki
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2012, 9:27 pm

Women aren't mind readers. If a man wants a woman bad enough, he'll muster the courage to get her. If he can't, he probably doesn't deserve her in the first place. Why saddle a woman with a man just because you feel sorry for him?

13 Nov 2012, 9:58 pm

unduki wrote:
Women aren't mind readers. If a man wants a woman bad enough, he'll muster the courage to get her. If he can't, he probably doesn't deserve her in the first place.

What a bunch of bullsh*t. You don't need to read someones mind, you need to read their body language. You see unduki, if a man wants a woman bad enough but she does NOT feel the same way about him, his "go get her" approach will creep her out. I constantly hear women whining and complaining about being pursued by guys they're uninterested in. Social endeavors(including hitting on someone/asking them out)are the sort of thing where you get no credit for making the effort. You ONLY get credit if you produce the right results. Women like you are always trying to tell guys who aren't social to "be a man" and just go approach women........And then play damsel in distress and cry boo hoo about some "creeeeeepy" guy hitting on you! Get over yourself and STFU.

steviewonderau
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

13 Nov 2012, 10:02 pm

A past history of failure/rejection can determine your present/future. I do not bother trying and I have accepted this is the way it will always be, nothing changes. Failure/rejection lowers your self esteem and avoidance is the best solution.