Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Aspie_Chav
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2012, 10:54 am

An agency worker came into the office. He was middle age but had very nice hair. My work mates said,"shhh do not talk about the ladies her".I thought she might have been some high up manager . I found out that one isn't suppose to talk about ladies her even if it is in a positive way. I know a fare bit about NT protocal but this one was new to me. It left me confused, like the time when one of my workmates said he never owned a blue landrover, just to wind me up.

wtfid2
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2012, 11:15 am

Aspie_Chav wrote:
An agency worker came into the office. He was middle age but had very nice hair. My work mates said,"shhh do not talk about the ladies her".I thought she might have been some high up manager . I found out that one isn't suppose to talk about ladies her even if it is in a positive way. I know a fare bit about NT protocal but this one was new to me. It left me confused, like the time when one of my workmates said he never owned a blue landrover, just to wind me up.
your post is very confusing.Firstly you describe the individual with nice hair as a ''he'', subsequently thereafter you refer to the individual as a lady. Also the use of the word her instead of hair throws me off. I also don't understand the landrover part?

anyway I dont see what's wrong with complimenting a ladies hair.

Your Aspie score: 101 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 111 of 200
You seem to have both Aspie and neurotypical traits

JBO
Raven
Raven

14 Nov 2012, 11:19 am

Maybe it was a wig or something...?

Plodder
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2012, 11:21 am

I'm confused. Are you talking about a man or a lady's hair? :?

"He" was middle aged but "she" was a high up manager. Was one of those a typo or are you talking about two different people?

I don't know of any reason why you can't talk to people about their hair to compliment them on it, as long as they are a person you know. Strangers are a different matter.It would be a bit weird and inappropriate to walk up to a manager you had never met before and say to them "I like your hair" because they might think you fancied them and that would violate some rule of not having relationships in the workplace. Maybe that is why your colleagues stopped you from talking about her hair. Maybe they thought you were trying to make advances on the manager.

Aspie_Chav
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2012, 11:51 am

I meant she

Mindsigh
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2012, 2:02 pm

I think it's because of nit-picky rules against harrassment. Silly, but because of lots of lawsuits, that's what kind of culture we live in.

(P. S. Not at all the fault of the person(s) doing the suing, who have really had terrible ordeals with physical and verbal harrassment, but the "cover-your-a**" policies in the workplace that result in lawyers being hired to write the company conduct rules.)

BlueMax
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2012, 2:54 pm

Mindsigh wrote:
I think it's because of nit-picky rules against harrassment. Silly, but because of lots of lawsuits, that's what kind of culture we live in.

(P. S. Not at all the fault of the person(s) doing the suing, who have really had terrible ordeals with physical and verbal harrassment, but the "cover-your-a**" policies in the workplace that result in lawyers being hired to write the company conduct rules.)

That's the big one there... one must protect themselves from the psychotics who will run screaming to HR at the drop of a hat. :x

Some gals are particularly sensitive to things they're insecure about (which includes but is certainly not limited to; weight, skin, hair, smell... anything.)

If you think men are sensitive about losing hair, women going bald are really, really traumatized by it.

thewhitrbbit
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2012, 3:32 pm

It is possible that the hair is a wig, possibly due to her having a medical condition and thus mentioning it, even in a positive way, might make her uncomfortable.