Yes, go for it!! 33%  33%  [ 18 ]
No, run for your life!! 17%  17%  [ 9 ]
No, run for your life!! 17%  17%  [ 9 ]
Total votes : 54

Scrapheap
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2006, 1:19 am

I just met this chick at mach.com We just had our 3rd date (could'nt "finish the deal" due to time constraints)
Anyways, this woman is either an Aspie males dream come true or his worst nightmare. First of all, she's goddam beautiful!! 5'8" 36B-34-36 with shoulder length blode hair and big, brilliant blue eyes. The kind you could get lost in. After several long conversations, she says she prefers men who are "boring" due to the fact that they are stable and she needs that stability to feel grounded. After listening to her describe her background, it seems to make sense though (wishful thinking on my part?)
Her upbringing was extremly chaotic and often abusive. Her mother sounds like either a Narcissist or an enabler of Narcissistic people. Her mother also played favorites with her younger sister. (she was the "cinderella" who always had to do chores or was the "whipping boy" when someone needed to get blamed.) Her mother was also very controling of her even though she was herself irresponsible.
This whole story sounds PLAUSABLE to me at this point, but i'm always a cynic so I can't say I believe her 100%.

Has anyone else come across such a woman?? Do I marry her or run for my life??

BazzaMcKenzie
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2006, 2:28 am

I assume that's match.com not mach.com (which I looked at first).

Are these actual dates - holding hands etc - or on-line cyber dates?

I always take people at face value (don't know if theres a pun in there - not intended) until they prove to be as*holes.

The Aussie bloke's "dream come true" is a nympho that owns a pub, but since girls like this are hard to find, so long as she is not a hillbilly goth, go for it (IMO).

..........................................................................................................................................
No, wait. I came back to edit. What sort of beer does she like? I need to know before I answer.

Last edited by BazzaMcKenzie on 06 Oct 2006, 3:06 am, edited 2 times in total.

krex
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2006, 2:53 am

I thought you meant math.com....thought it was a dating site for aspies(damn dysexia).....

I know you have heard ...Dont judge a book by the cover....All attractive women are not superficial,airheads who want to date football jocks....if she says she is looking for stability,I would assume,that at the least....it is what she thinks she is looking for....people who have been in abusive situationsin life can go either way....some get stuck in the cycle and even though they dont WANT to repeat the pattern,they end up getting "bored" when things arent "dramatic" enough....so,they create crisis.....others....run away from it like the plague after repeatedly getting burned.....It's kind of like the child of an alchoholic who hates when their parents drink but ends up becoming one themselves...when those people finnally get ready to get sober....they tend to stay that way...

Point being....Go for it!She may "flake out" on you eventually,or not,but at least you will have had the experience and that is what life is for....experience.

Visit my wool sculpture blog
http://eyesoftime.blogspot.com/

BazzaMcKenzie
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2006, 3:04 am

Krex,

Did you vote the right way? I'm sure I voted "go for it" but there are is 1 vote for each option which looks like you and me :?

CanyonWind
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2006, 3:52 am

Hey Scrapheap, you're supposed to be aspie, not crazy. So you like looking at her and talking to her, and apparently she likes talking to you, and...your only concern is that the situation looks too good? That would make sense if you were buying a laundry mat, but I don't think it applies to meeting a woman.

Hell, I was about to ask if she had a sister, but when I reread your post, I decided that wouldn't be a good idea. It seems entirely possible that she's playing straight with you, so until you see some reason to suspect she isn't, you might as well assume she is.

She can't help it if she's beautiful, if that's her only fault, maybe you can find it in your heart to forgive her. Not saying you should marry her tomorrow, but if you can't see any reason not to proceed, then you can't see any reason not to proceed.

Well thank you buddy for your advice...
-Malvina

MrMark
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2006, 5:21 am

She's sounds like she's a mess, probably a lot like her mother. Have some fun, but don't marry her.

- Emerson

Litigious
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2006, 6:05 am

She's for real, alright, but be careful. She's the one who would start WWIII for the colors of the curtains. She's the one who would go to the cops and tell a sob story about you raping her, if she'd hold a grudge against you. Those kind of women are the reason why I'm a misogynist. She's thoroughly false, even if she's wonderful in bed. She's a traitor and a betrayer. Have fun as long as you can, but be extremely careful!

'Tis munny in my purse.

TheMachine1
Veteran
Veteran

Location: 9099 will be my last post...what the hell 9011 will be.

06 Oct 2006, 6:09 am

Yeah go for it. I assume you were using hyperbole about marrying her so I do not
mean marry her.

Last edited by TheMachine1 on 06 Oct 2006, 6:36 am, edited 2 times in total.

MrMark
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2006, 6:12 am

Be mindful of the sources of advice.

- Emerson

Quatermass
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2006, 6:13 am

BazzaMcKenzie wrote:
I assume that's match.com not mach.com (which I looked at first).

Are these actual dates - holding hands etc - or on-line cyber dates?

I always take people at face value (don't know if theres a pun in there - not intended) until they prove to be as*holes.

The Aussie bloke's "dream come true" is a nympho that owns a pub, but since girls like this are hard to find, so long as she is not a hillbilly goth, go for it (IMO).

..........................................................................................................................................
No, wait. I came back to edit. What sort of beer does she like? I need to know before I answer.

VB? Tooheys? XXXX?

Good philosophy, Bazza. Unfortunately, I tend to pre-empt things, and assume people are a***holes until proven otherwise. I've been burned by family members and so-called friends in the past. I'd rather people proved themselves to me, and not the reverse...

On sabbatical...

TheMachine1
Veteran
Veteran

Location: 9099 will be my last post...what the hell 9011 will be.

06 Oct 2006, 6:24 am

delete malfunction in TheMachine1 primary CPU
Ctrl-Alt-Del
System Reboot
Loading Kernel...........
Keyboard Error hit F1

Last edited by TheMachine1 on 06 Oct 2006, 6:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

krex
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2006, 6:24 am

[quote="BazzaMcKenzie"]Krex,

Did you vote the right way? I'm sure I voted "go for it" but there are is 1 vote for each option which looks like you and me :?[/quote :oops:

Actually,I hadnt voted yet....I dont plan on making the same mistake in Nov(USA elections)I just hope the Republicans make passes at a few more children before then(about the only way the Dems have a chance here :cry:

Visit my wool sculpture blog
http://eyesoftime.blogspot.com/

sociable_hermit
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2006, 8:24 am

Surely it's better to try and risk failure than to not try at all?

It might not work out, but it MIGHT, nonetheless. And if you don't give her a chance you'll be kicking yourself for the rest of your life - particularly if she does turn out to be as nice as she sounds.

Go for it.

CanyonWind
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2006, 11:02 am

Wow, artillery flashes on the horizon, and that guy hitler promised...

I can't ignore it when this particular set of people agree about human nature, so I'm really curious now. Alright, what was it in the story that tipped you off that it was the butler that did it.

If MrMark was talking about me being a questionable source of advice about relationships with women, he's absolutely right. The only time I thought marriage sounded like a good idea, I would have been better off sitting on a fire ant hill.

Litigious raises an important caution. If she decides to make something up about you, or her hormone crazed brain decides you're guilty of some undefinable felony like "mental abuse," the cops and the courts will turn the whole thing over to butch the feminist and her sisters at the women's center, and butch didn't start working at the women's center because she thinks a man might be a decent honest human being or a woman might lie or distort the truth.

It gets worse, put an aspie and a neurotypical in front of people who never met either one of them and they have to decide who's lying, who do you think they're going to believe? Since butch and her sisters attained absolute power, we have the only justice system in history where a person is still guilty after they have been proven innocent by the people who said they're guilty in the first place. You'd have better odds being black in alabama in 1932.

This can all be avoided. Just make sure you don't have kids. The joy of your love for them is no compensation for being forced to watch their lives torn apart for butch the feminist's pleasure. Then you'll be free to throw her in the s**t can and walk away if it turns out that's where she belongs.

But I'm still curious about what y'all noticed that I missed; just curious, not that I need to know, I'm more likely to get stalked by a sabertooth than a human female.

EDITED to acknowlege the fact that being lesbian is an innate gender orientation, while feminism, like naziism, is a political ideology of oppression based on the myth of aiding an oppressed people. I recognize that not all lesbians are feminists and not all feminists are lesbians. I apologize to any decent hearted homosexuals I have offended.

Well thank you buddy for your advice...
-Malvina

en_una_isla
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2006, 11:59 am

Is no else here offended that she basically called scrapheap "boring????" 8O On that alone I would run! I can't imagine saying to someone, "I like you, you're boring." Omg!! !

Litigious
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2006, 12:06 pm

I've been called boring by at least two of my ex girl friends. They wanted my cock but rejected my mind. I loved them both. Now I hate one of them and wish her a painful death. On one occasion when I was so depressed that I threatened to kill myself, she just went out with her dog. This was on midsummer day, the day that's supposed to be the "day of love" in my country...

'Tis munny in my purse.