Ever get dumped or rejected because your an aspie?

Page 2 of 3 [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

IlovemyAspie
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2013, 4:45 pm

AspieOtaku wrote:
Well on the brightside if I dont tell them right away I still manage to get some hehe! :lol:

Knowing or not knowing wouldn't make a difference to me! :D :heart:

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2013, 5:18 pm

IlovemyAspie wrote:
AspieOtaku wrote:
Well on the brightside if I dont tell them right away I still manage to get some hehe! :lol:

awww that is so sweet your taken already though He shoild join wp and his username should be IlovemyNT!

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

IlovemyAspie
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2013, 5:33 pm

AspieOtaku wrote:
IlovemyAspie wrote:
AspieOtaku wrote:

awww that is so sweet your taken already though He shoild join wp and his username should be IlovemyNT!

I'll let you in on a secret....I'm not really taken... :?: :?: :oops: ...I'll pm you the details.

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2013, 7:15 pm

IlovemyAspie wrote:
AspieOtaku wrote:
IlovemyAspie wrote:
AspieOtaku wrote:

I'll let you in on a secret....I'm not really taken... :?: :?: :oops: ...I'll pm you the details.
Ooh my.. :oops: :oops:

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

BlackSkimmer
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

03 Feb 2013, 7:42 pm

AspieOtaku wrote:
IlovemyAspie wrote:
AspieOtaku wrote:
IlovemyAspie wrote:
AspieOtaku wrote:

OK. Now I feel left out.

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2013, 7:48 pm

^^^ it might be because your also an aspie. It happens to all of us.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2013, 8:02 pm

I've never been dumped for having it fortunately. I only had two boyfriends before I met my husband and I left both of them. Other men I have met, I never got into dating them except for my husband. He had to initiate it with me.

I wouldn't lie about not having it though because they will find out anyway. Even if they don't know you have it, they will still see your symptoms and not know it's because you have AS. They may mistake them for other things like you don't care, you ignore them, you're stubborn, you only care about yourself, it's your way or the highway, you have habits, have quirks, have faults, you don't like them or are not interested in them.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2013, 8:29 pm

^^^I dunno when I tell them beforehand they reject me but when I don't tell them they take me in leaving me to hide all my quirks and stims.

IlovemyAspie
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2013, 9:39 pm

BlackSkimmer wrote:
AspieOtaku wrote:
IlovemyAspie wrote:
AspieOtaku wrote:
IlovemyAspie wrote:
AspieOtaku wrote:

OK. Now I feel left out.

It's just complicated.....

Surfman
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2013, 3:11 pm

NT's are just too gross sometimes
give me a HFA
any day

IlovemyAspie
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2013, 3:28 pm

AspieOtaku wrote:
^^^I dunno when I tell them beforehand they reject me but when I don't tell them they take me in leaving me to hide all my quirks and stims.

wouldn't you rather just tell them and then find someone accepting? I think having to hide my personality would be tiring.

Quote:

*sigh*

reading stuff like this makes me sad....

shoshahart
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

04 Feb 2013, 4:00 pm

I never was in a relationship before, and I know that the reason is my rather cold and unemotional exterior. People keep asking me to smile 1000 times a day and do not understand why I am so silent and gloomy sometimes. It's not like I'm unfriendly, because I'm doing all the compliments and friendly stuff.
I wish i was more active :(

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2013, 4:07 pm

IlovemyAspie wrote:
AspieOtaku wrote:

wouldn't you rather just tell them and then find someone accepting? I think having to hide my personality would be tiring.

Quote:

*sigh*

reading stuff like this makes me sad....
I now am because when I keep it a secret and hide my personality it drains my energy and they sometimes wonder why im so tired and such. I am starting to be more open about my AS/HFA and say I have this thats why I get wierd quirky hyper and dwell on stuff a lot. If they are going to reject me just because of that then forget it they are missing out on a lot by just looking at a neurological disorder. Behind it all I am just a normal person who can funtion in society for the most part and I am extremely affectionate and try to make people laugh to cheer them up.

balletnerd
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

18 Feb 2013, 5:19 pm

yeh. happens to me a lot. :-(

SectorStar
Raven
Raven

18 Feb 2013, 7:02 pm

shoshahart wrote:
I never was in a relationship before, and I know that the reason is my rather cold and unemotional exterior. People keep asking me to smile 1000 times a day and do not understand why I am so silent and gloomy sometimes. It's not like I'm unfriendly, because I'm doing all the compliments and friendly stuff.
I wish i was more active :(

I get that a lot myself too with people wondering/asking why I don't smile much. The problem is a lot of NT people don't realize that most people on the autistic spectrum express emotions in other ways, and facial expressions tend to be one of the last ways a lot of us do it. Its quite evident on here as well with a lot of people here that have their actual pictures of themselves as their display pictures, some of them you can tell their smiles are forced, I'm guilty of this myself as well.

In regards to the OP's question. I've never actually gotten "dumped" for being autistic, but I know I've gotten rejected plenty of times for being that way. I can't tell you how many girls I meet on dating sites, we'll be having a perfectly normal harmless chat, I bring up that I'm autistic and never get a response back after that. It honestly just makes me not even wanna continue to date most of the time. I've met a few nice girls that have asked me more questions about autism and a couple are still in contact with me on facebook or something, but I knew they were never interested in me from the start, probably just replying to be nice. In fact, most of those same girls ended up finding someone else after talking to me a couple times on dating sites.

overthinker9
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

18 Feb 2013, 11:40 pm

Yeah, both, dumped last year by my girlfriend after 3 months when she said she 'didn't even know me' ..does anyone really know anyone after 3 months? I didn't call her ever and didn't communicate well because I was so self conscious and afraid of being awkward. Kills me now..

crazy to think about how many opportunities ive missed in my life because I haven't tried and been afraid of failing..but I digress

At work a few months ago, I fell in love with a girl.. we had a back and forth teasing thing going but It got personal after awhile..she said some things I knew deep down about my personality but I never really thought about.. ''you're gay, lame'' etc.. I had a meltdown one day and sent her some nasty text messages...yeahhhh had to leave that job.