Dating & relationship success survey for MEN

Page 4 of 4 [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

AsteroidNap
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2013, 3:44 pm

Age (in years and months): 46 and 2

Relationship status (bold applicable): Single/in a relationship/married or defacto/divorced or separated/widowed Single

Age when you had your first relationship (in years and months. If you're still waiting to have your first put "NA"): 18

Number of relationships you've had (including online ones): 3

How long did each relationship last (in years and months)?: 1 month, 2 months, 3 months

Number of physical dates you've been on: 7

How many of the above dates progressed to a relationship?: 3

Are you a virgin? (bold applicable): Yes/No yes

Age when you lost your virginity (in years and months. If you're a virgin put "NA"): NA

Number of sexual partners you've had: [b]NA

What this data doesn't show is that women do like me. I've had a number of good female friends over the years. Problem is it never goes beyond that.

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2013, 5:41 pm

moderator note: please keep the chitchat to a minimum. if you want to discuss the issues the thread has brought up, please start a new thread for discussion instead of derailing. thank you.

Shatbat
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2013, 6:13 pm

So next time there is a "who has it harder" discussion, will you have data to back it up? Sweet! I didn't find the thread for women though, is there one? Also, some info about the quality of these relationships could have been very useful, but it's too late to do that, I guess

EDIT: So sending the answers in private was an option :lol:

blue_bean
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2013, 9:47 pm

I'm gonna catch up on collating all your answers so far tonight guys. I've got the spreadsheet started.

RomanBernabel
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

21 Feb 2013, 11:09 pm

: I'm pretty sure none of these things happened in my life -- no relationships, no sex, no anything reciprocated. It has always been just me. I have a very low sex-drive as the medications I am taking reduce such things as a sexual-drive. It doesn't feel bad... it just is. :?:

Kjas
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2013, 7:19 am

blue_bean wrote:
I'm gonna catch up on collating all your answers so far tonight guys. I've got the spreadsheet started.

Do we have results BB?

I was really quite curious for these surveys.

Tyri0n
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Douchebag Capital of the World (aka Washington D.C.)

26 Mar 2013, 8:07 pm

Kjas wrote:
blue_bean wrote:

Do we have results BB?

I was really quite curious for these surveys.

Maybe the survey results simply confirmed billiscool's claims. In consolation to all of y'all uptight women and men, this was not a scientific survey. Selection bias could operate by a variety of means to skew the results.

For example, maybe something that is a pure "social forum" for support in dealing with a mental health condition attracts a wide variety of women but only particularly desperate men; thus, the results would be skewed with a fairly wide cross-section of the female community (showing a level of dating success more comparable to that of the general aspie female population) but a smaller cross-section of the male aspie community skewed towards those with unusually bad outcomes in life (and thus probably less success in dating than the average of aspie males generally).

Studies show that men with a mental health condition are less likely to admit they have a problem and less likely to seek help, including going to support groups, so the few who do would be expected to have more severe symptoms, on average, than the females who seek help or support with the same condition do, on average.

Anecdotal evidence from my Meetup group suggests that the majority of aspie males off WP are successful in dating at some point. This, and the smaller % of men on Wrong Planet (about 55%) vs. the 5-1 ratio in the general population, support the idea that the male sample size on Wrong Planet is skewed towards severe symptoms and bad outcomes.

uwmonkdm
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2013, 9:15 pm

Age (in years and months): 23 & 4 months

Relationship status (bold applicable): Single/in a relationship/married or defacto/divorced or separated/widowed

Age when you had your first relationship (in years and months. If you're still waiting to have your first put "NA"): 14 ish? Not serious obviously..

Number of relationships you've had (including online ones): 5

How long did each relationship last (in years and months)?: 8 months, 1 year, 1 month, 2 years, 4 months

Number of physical dates you've been on: Zero

How many of the above dates progressed to a relationship?: n/a

Are you a virgin? (bold applicable): Yes/No

Age when you lost your virginity (in years and months. If you're a virgin put "NA"): 18, 0 months, 0 days.. yup, happy birthday.

Number of sexual partners you've had: 8 if light petting/making out doesn't count. At least double that in that case.

softlyspeaks41
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 Mar 2013, 1:21 am

Age (in years and months): 43 years and 8 months

Relationship status (bold applicable): Single/in a relationship/married or defacto/divorced or separated/widowed Single

Age when you had your first relationship (in years and months. If you're still waiting to have your first put "NA"): 19 years and 4 months

Number of relationships you've had (including online ones): 4

How long did each relationship last (in years and months)?: 2 years and 6 months, 1 year and 1 month, 2 years and 3 months, 5 months

Number of physical dates you've been on: none

How many of the above dates progressed to a relationship?: N/A

Are you a virgin? (bold applicable): Yes/No No

Age when you lost your virginity (in years and months. If you're a virgin put "NA"): 19

Number of sexual partners you've had:[b] 4

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

27 Mar 2013, 9:25 pm

Age (in years and months): 30 & 4months

Relationship status (bold applicable): Single/in a relationship/married or defacto/divorced or separated/widowed

Age when you had your first relationship (in years and months. If you're still waiting to have your first put "NA"): I was 19; not sure of the month.

Number of relationships you've had (including online ones): 3

How long did each relationship last (in years and months)?: 1st was about 6months, 2nd was 5months, & I'm currently in my 3rd &it's about a year so far.

Number of physical dates you've been on: none

How many of the above dates progressed to a relationship?: we met online & didn't do the typical physical dating thing I'm living with my girlfriend & we still never did that.

Age when you lost your virginity (in years and months. If you're a virgin put "NA"): 29 oral & 30 & about 4 months with intercourse

Number of sexual partners you've had: 1

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Stargazer43
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2013, 9:56 pm

I find it interesting that a lot of people who seem to have had a decent amount of success romantically have been on no, or very few, dates. I don't even know how that works myself :P.

ThetaIn3D
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2013, 1:24 am

Age (in years and months): 30 years, 0 months

Age when you had your first relationship (in years and months. If you're still waiting to have your first put "NA"): 14 years, 1 month.

Number of relationships you've had (including online ones): 5

How long did each relationship last (in years and months)?: #1: 3.5 months. #2: 2 months. #3: 3 months. #4: 4.5 months. #5: 8.5 months.

Number of physical dates you've been on: 10.

How many of the above dates progressed to a relationship?: 3.

Age when you lost your virginity (in years and months. If you're a virgin put "NA"): 27 years, 7 months.

Number of sexual partners you've had: 1.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2013, 3:19 am

Tyri0n wrote:
I know you're joking, but I'm going to guess it's more like a 30+ average in the private messages but some 0's as well.

I almost sent it private because I thought I was the only one with "high" numbers and no long-term relationships. But I guess others are almost as bad. So whatever.

:lol: @ "almost as bad."

If I were to post my approx numbers (As OCD analytical & quantifiable as I can be, this is one thing I have never kept accurate count of as knowing the numbers has never been important to me - so numbers would be approximate. Odd, I know.) they'd make you look like a Saint, especially when assuming that oral only counts. My data would definitely fall into the "statistical outlier," category. :lol:

I'm not so much self conscious or embarrassed to post my survey response, but I'm going to PM it in anyways because while I think there's value in the compiled statistics, I'm not so sure I want a public record of the answers to these questions here for just anyone to read.

Keltron3030
Butterfly
Butterfly

28 Mar 2013, 8:00 am

Age (in years and months): 22 years and 6 months

Age when you had your first relationship (in years and months. If you're still waiting to have your first put "NA"): 17 years and 2 months

Number of relationships you've had (including online ones): 1

How long did each relationship last (in years and months)?: Still in it

Number of physical dates you've been on: 1

How many of the above dates progressed to a relationship?: 1

Age when you lost your virginity (in years and months. If you're a virgin put "NA"): 17 years and 3 months

Number of sexual partners you've had: 1

Tyri0n
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Douchebag Capital of the World (aka Washington D.C.)

28 Mar 2013, 8:43 am

goldfish21 wrote:
Tyri0n wrote:
I know you're joking, but I'm going to guess it's more like a 30+ average in the private messages but some 0's as well.

I almost sent it private because I thought I was the only one with "high" numbers and no long-term relationships. But I guess others are almost as bad. So whatever.

:lol: @ "almost as bad."

If I were to post my approx numbers (As OCD analytical & quantifiable as I can be, this is one thing I have never kept accurate count of as knowing the numbers has never been important to me - so numbers would be approximate. Odd, I know.) they'd make you look like a Saint, especially when assuming that oral only counts. My data would definitely fall into the "statistical outlier," category. :lol:

I'm not so much self conscious or embarrassed to post my survey response, but I'm going to PM it in anyways because while I think there's value in the compiled statistics, I'm not so sure I want a public record of the answers to these questions here for just anyone to read.

:lol:

Oral only counts? We have an ex President who would disagree...

SPKx
Toucan
Toucan

28 Mar 2013, 7:48 pm

Age (in years and months): 31 (minus 2 weeks)

Age when you had your first relationship (in years and months. If you're still waiting to have your first put "NA"): N/A

Number of relationships you've had (including online ones): 0

How long did each relationship last (in years and months)?: n/a

Number of physical dates you've been on: Less than 10

How many of the above dates progressed to a relationship?: 0

Age when you lost your virginity (in years and months. If you're a virgin put "NA"): N/A

Number of sexual partners you've had: 0